Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

I think I'm going to have to have a proper look at Exante. I placed and order with them a long time ago and it was all awful but like you say Bee they must have improved things
- a lot. Gingerbread latte sounds good and cereal would be nice for a change

When i first switched from S&S to Exante, I ordered a few of each savoury meal (carbonara, shep pie, and spag bol) and then one of each of the 2 porridges (apple cinnamon and plain) one of each soup (i think it was veg, tomato, mushroom and chicken) and one of each shake. (strawberry, banana, vanilla, chocolate). and 2 of 1 kinda of bar they did (the toffee, nut adn raisin they only other one they did was choc orange which i dont like)They probably had some curry flavoured things but i would have steered clear as I hate curry. lol. So I got the box. And started to try the things at my dinner pack time. I took out a savoury, made it, tried it, gagged and chucked it. Then I made another one.....same again. So I made another one....same again. So I decided to just tear through and try it all until I found something I could at least tolerate. Well...that was 1 of every single meal and every single soup down the drain. Yuck. All of them were foul. But the shakes were really really nice and sweet and thickened up with loads of ice, beautifully. And the apple cinnamon porridge was GORGEOUS and I also discovered that I could mix it with an egg white and make pancakes...and so my first successful attempt at vlcd was born. I LIVED on those things! lol. So from then on, I ebayed the rest of the savoury stuff and stuck with the sweet - mostly pancakes done with the porridge and the odd bar or shake

Im going to get through 1 of each of the new things I have bought and then reorder some more stuff I think.

Ive still got left to try

PB bar (not very hopeful tbh lol)
Coconut bar (same, if its also that claggy textured one)
Strawberry jam bar (tonight!!)
Apple crunble (looks more like porridge in the photo on website, who knows.)
Tiramisu (had no reviews which scares me a bit hahah)
Choc gooey pudding (if its like anything ive tried to cook with a shake pack...bleh)
Lemon cheesecake shake (really hopeful. love the S&S lemon yog shake)
Creamy coconut shake (really hopeful here too)
cookies and cream shake (the old S&S one tasted nice but nothing of cookies and cream, more like sweet rusks and milk. haha I WANT OREOS FFS. hahaha sry. ahem)
I feel like there is something else but cant think of it now. Hmm. May have to go and look. lol.

Like you I tried the Exante meals and soups and they are horrible. But I was too tight to chuck them so forced them down.:p I still have a moussaka in the cupboard that I don't think I can face. Like you the first time I tried them there wasn't much choice, especially the bars, but they do seem to have got their act together. I used to love the S&S banoffee porridge, and their choc bars, but they are so much more expensive than Exante. I buy the 60 meals for £60, and for that price with S&S including delivery you only get 42 products, so it's a no brainer.

The cookies and cream shake is ok, but not really tasting as I expected. I haven't tried the gooey choc pud, the tiramisu or the apple crumble, you'll have to let me know what they're like. The jam bars are lovely, and the lemon yogurt and the raspberry and white choc chip ones are too but I don't find them as filling, they're like glued together rice crispies. We do seem to have the same taste in the products so we'll have to act as reviewers! I'd never thought of making pancakes with the porridge and egg white, that's inspired!

Have a good weekend. I'm off to Prague to visit my son who lives there with his Czech wife, and my brand new baby granddaughter who I can't wait to cuddle. I'm having a few days off the diet before coming back 9 days before my op, when I've been advised to come off the VLCD and just eat healthily to get my body in as good a shape as possible.

Have a lovely time Ticketty!! Awww new babies are soooooo wonderful <3 <3 And wow. Not long now until your op! :D

I will let you know what the rest of the new packs are like. Im excited to try them and i completely agree about S&S pricing vs Exante....Exante is just so so much cheaper.

Just had my fajita-y stuff. Delicious. I need to finish off my last bottle of water. Bar around 7pm ish.

Morning :)

Busy morning here. Got up and went out with hubby - he was off to work (but works in the centre of our town). We went to a few shops for some bits, the bank, and then finally to the girl guiding shop to exchange T's uniform. Got to try it on so that was good. Phew. Sorted. Didnt eat before I went out and needed to kill time so took the girls to BK. Had a coke zero :)

Came in ravenous though, so ive made myself half a cup of scrambled egg and a shake. Trying the Creamy Coconut shake now. Its lovely. But very very subtle. Like almost tastes like a not-overly-sweet-vanilla. Still, nice though. Not sure I would bother ordering more as I dont tend to get many shakes anyway - prefer to eat my rations...er..."food". hahah. :rolleyes: I did make it super thick though with lots of ice (as usual) and am eating it with a spoon. like a cross between melty ice cream and a thick shake. Yum!

Didn't weigh and wont now until weigh in on Thursday. :)

We renewed our railcard last night and then booked train tickets to Carlisle for Z's birthday. She LOVES riding on the train. And we needed somewhere cheap, and relatively close (so we could get there and back in a day without running ourselves ragged!) and as we havent been to Carlisle we figured WHY NOT. lol. We've done york and edinburgh and hexam and alnwick etc etc so many times...so its something new. She will love the day out and that's what really matters. So we are going on the 9th.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xxx

Just had half of the coconut bar for lunch. I could just about manage it. Bleh. Not very nice. Its the texture mostly but also the flavour of this one just isnt for me. And I love coconut things. Wont re-order these. Theyre not horrible I suppose. But I wont bother when I know I can have the choc caramel and strawberry jam ones instead.

Thinking I may try one of the puddings tonight after dinner. Ive got one tiramisu :confused: one gooey chocolate :confused: and one apple crumble and custard :confused: hahaha. Not a clue what to expect with any of those. They could really go either way! Dinner tonight is going to be shredded lettuce, 100g quorn chicken, 50g courgette and 50g broccoli. I need to use up this veg that I bought for SW but in amounts that are ok for VLCD. lol. So its very tiny amounts of a few diff ones for now. Once I get the bulk of this gone and come to do my next shop, I will go back to just having broccoli, cauli, mushrooms and asparagus (when its on offer. love it but its expensive!) on alternating nights.

I tried the pb bar and chucked that too. Why are they so waxy? Yuck.

Ended up having the apple crumble and custard pudding pack and it was nice. Very much like the apple and cinnamon porridge, flavour-wise. Dont think i would bother ordering any more though. I like the bars more. It is nice, but meh.

So far:

Chocolate caramel crispy bar -YES!!!!!
Vanilla cereal - YES!!
Strawberry jam bars - YES!!!!!!
PB bar - NO.
Coconut bar - All the NOPES.
Apple crumble - Probably not. I would just order A/C porridge if I wanted something like that. Is more filling.
Tiramisu - tomorrow!
Choc gooey pudding - monday night
Lemon cheesecake shake - tomorrow!
Creamy coconut shake - No. Its ok. But wont re-order
cookies and cream shake - havent tried yet.
Strawberry and Banana smoothie - havent tried yet.

Morning

Its raining again. BOOOOOO :badmood:

Just had the lemon cheesecake shake. Its lovely. But now I am so so cold. Its one I would have again but probably wont bother with many shakes until it warms up!! I am SO cold. Under the duvet with sweatpants on, shivering. LOL

So, due to weather Im not sure what we will do today - if anything.

Food today:

Lemon cheesecake shake - Nice!
Pancakes
Scrambled egg with quorn frankfurter and courgette
tiramisu

3 x 750ml bottles of water
Tea
Decaff coffee
1 glass coke zero

Morning, it's beautiful further south, the sun is shining☀️so we're in the garden - I LOVE my garden. I'm taking note of how good the bars & shakes are so thanks for the reviews. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Aww I wish we had a garden :/ lol

Today has been good although uneventful.

Food:

lemon cheesecake shake - nice
berry pancakes
scrambled egg with 1 quorn frankfurter, 50g broccoli, 50g courgette and a portabello mushroom
and ive just made my tiramisu. I read the 3 reviews and took some tips from that. The main complain (it only gets like 2 or 3 out of five!! lol) is that its far too thin and more like a smoothie or a shake than a dessert. So I used less water and beat it with my mixer. its now in the freezer to chill for 10 mins while I brush my hair and get my PJs on.

I did some exercise tonight after dinner. I bought Dana Falsetti's fat yoga plan on cody app. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. And Ive had this plan for a while but my wrist is a bit dodgy so tonight it was feeling ok - thought I would try it out. If you dont know who she is, google her or better yet, look her up on facebook. <3 So that flow session was about 22 mins. And then I did a Leslie Sansone 16 minute mile. I love her workouts for the simplicity but man does she yap the WHOLE TIME and gets on my nerves. lol. Bless. Anyway. I will try to do that or some kind of workout for at least 30 mins per day, at least 5 days a week. After that I had a lovely shower. Thats my fave part of a workout. Standing in the shower, relaxing, getting refreshed and feeling accomplished. :D :D :D

Tomorrow Im supposed to be starting my driving lessons (AGAIN). Ive not heard from the instructor since I booked them 4 weeks ago though...so I sent him a text tonight to make sure its all still on.

Off to have my tiramisu. Will report back soon!

Its not bad. But its not tiramisu-y at all. Even though its thicker and more like pudding/custard (ish) in texture...its also a lot like a shake that youve just not blended with enough water, if that makes sense. Great if you absolute have to have a pudding type dessert but I personally would rather have a bar to settle a sweet tooth craving or as an evening last pack dessert.

So, a recap of my trials this far:

Vanilla cereal - YES!!
PB bar - NO.
Apple crumble - Probably not. I would just order A/C porridge if I wanted something like that. Is more filling.
Tiramisu - No. Its ok. But I wont bother with it.
Chai Latte shake - Really quite nice! Would probably re-order.
Lemon cheesecake shake - Nice! I may order it again when its warmer and I fancy some shakes.
Creamy coconut shake - No. Its ok. But probably wont re-order.
Choc gooey pudding - Am going to save this to have on Wednesday night when everyone else is having birthday cake ;)
Cookies and cream shake - havent tried yet. - tomorrow.
Strawberry and Banana smoothie - havent tried yet. - tomorrow
Almond Milk and Vanilla shake - havent tried yet.

It looks like you are spoilt with choice...the choc gooey pudding...I wonder will it taste as good as it sounds? I can't get over the variety...it is like a banquet.

morning :)

There are so many products to choose from now, yes!

So I have, yet another, "first" driving lesson this morning in an hour. Having my pancakes and a decaff coffee now and then will get ready. Im having to be a really mean mother and tell Z absolutely no - she cannot eat my pancakes. She's hilarious. Exante pancakes are one of her fave things. She doesnt even like REAL pancakes. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I made a frittata (well, its more like a casserole) with 4 slices of bacon that I had left, egg whites ( I buy the cartons of Two Chicks. Love them), broccoli, courgette and a little bit of cheese on top - works out to 168 cals and 4g carbs per portion and there are 4 portions.

So food today:

pancakes
strawberry and banana smoothie
portion of egg casserole
cookies and cream (or maybe the almond and vanilla, not sure yet) shake

Cookies and cream shake now. Its fine but again - not like cookies or cream. lol. Well vaguely cream. Just tastes kinda vanilla-y. May put some cinnamon in the next one as I ordered 2. lol Strawberry and banana smoothie tonight cuz Imbored of non-descript white shakes. :rolleyes:

Finishing this up and then I think I will have a kip with my Z.

Gonna try a fitness blender workout for beginners tonight.

And my lesson went well. Hes nice!

I'm glad your driving lesson went well, how many driving lessons have you had before? Was it scary? :) Is it something you'll continue?
I remember my first lesson still, I was terrified D: ... Driving in London sucks! I don't think I ever stopped being scared until way after I passed my test like 2 years later, it took me forever. ._.

Thanks!

I had a few lessons back in the states when I was like 17 or 18 and I panicked terribly in pretty heavy traffic and that pretty much was the end of my lessons. Then last summer I had a few lessons in a manual car and was probably doing ok but Ive always been terrified of driving (which is why Im nearly 38 and only just really pushing myself to learn.) and I couldnt get over the fear and couldnt see a point where I would ever feel confident and safe enough to have my children in the back seat with me. So I stopped. But recently we've gotten fed up with public transport and being so limited in where we can go and when. And about mid march Zoe fell ill and she was so ill that I rushed her to A&E - but "rushing her" actually equates to "waiting for a taxi". When we got to A&E and finally saw the doc, she said she wanted us to go straight to RVI (kids A&E) for further examination and to completely rule out meningitis. And then she said "have you got transport?" NOPE. So we ended up being ferried over in an ambulance.

As a mother, this made me feel scared and worried and mostly like a complete failure. I feel like to a certain extent I let her down. And I cant face being in that position again. So Im trying again in an automatic.

I had automatic lessons last month with an older man and he was not nice. He actually had me in tears at the end of my second lesson, feeling like I would never crack it. But after talking to my hubby and friends I finally realized it wasnt me, I was BRAND NEW at this and learning. It was him. So. I stopped and looked for someone else.

So my driving has been a bit like my dieting. Ive never completely given up...but Ive chopped and change a bit, trying to find the right "fit". I think Ive found it. He's a really patient guy! Fingers crossed! So yay!

So today has been a good day. I got up and had my pancakes before my lesson. Then headed out and had my lesson which went well. Theres a quiet little estate not far from where I live and its 2 mini roundabouts and a stretch of road between the two so he had me go around those, back and forth. We did that about 6 times or so. Then I came in and had my cookies and cream shake. I also had half a cup of egg whites because I planned to do a fitness blender HIIT workout and dont want to risk making myself ill. So a little extra fuel.

After lunch we had a nap which ended up being longer than intended. Oops! lol. We got up at 4:25 (ooooops) and hubby asked if it would be ok if he ordered pizza. Nice that he asked, right?! And yeah. Im not fussed. So I ordered them some dinner and once ordered I went in and did my HIIT. Kicked. My. Butt! o m g. lol. And that was just a beginners one! Anyway...after that I went straight in the shower. Came out and dinner came so I put theirs out and had a bit of my egg frittata/casserole that I made last night. Its delicious! Really nice! I did, however, have about 4 or 5 chips :/ Argh. I need to stop doing that. Anyway. It wasnt an entire pizza. WIN!

Just finished and going to finish up my water. Im already sore. So I can see that Im going to be in a bit of agony tomorrow. lol. Yikes. I think Im going to do the HIIT every other day and on off days do a walking workout or one of Dana's yoga flows. That's the plan anyway.

I still have my last shake - strawberry and banana smoothie - to have around 7pm.

Back to normal tomorrow. Hope youve all had a nice weekend!

Vanilla cereal - YES!!
PB bar - NO.
Tiramisu - No. Its ok. But I wont bother with it.
Chai Latte shake - Really quite nice! Would probably re-order.
Lemon cheesecake shake - Nice! I may order it again when its warmer and I fancy some shakes.
Creamy coconut shake -Had a second thought and this would be nice with cinnamon added. So yes. Would re-order!
Choc gooey pudding - Am going to save this to have on Wednesday night when everyone else is having birthday cake ;)
Cookies and cream shake - Its inoffensive. Just tastes generally "white"/vanilla-y.
Strawberry and Banana smoothie - Very nice. Added cinnamon. Delish.
Almond Milk and Vanilla shake - havent tried yet. (tomorrow!)

Back