Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Sorry to hear your little one is poorly, I hope the antibiotics do the trick and make her feel better soon.
The alpen lights are 3 syns each of 1/2 HEB and your low low cheese slices are 2 for HEB or 1/2 HEB each. Your soup sounds scrummy :) x x x

Ooh! Yes! Not bad! :)

I weigh in on Thursdays. Actually looking forward to class this week. My scales are showing a downward trend (down 3lbs) from friday morning when I got weighed (forgot to weigh myself just before i went to class to compare the two scale readings) and although Im not getting wrapped in the actual numbers...im pleased at that. I hope it continues! lol.

Yeah, im kinda treating this is MY time, this time around. My girls are old enough now and hubby is fine looking after them for a couple of hours so i dont feel so guilty. Its hard as I dont get any time away from them as hubbys family arent close at all and my family are all in America. So the little break is nice. :)

do any of you ever bother with scan bran? i remember making a cake of some kind the last time i did SW and it was actually really nice. but do any of you use it for anything else? Im going to get some as i find it does help my weight loss....i read somewhere that fibre really helps. and ya cant get more fibre than with scan bran. LOLOL. :p

Just had my dinner and it was DEELISH!

Quorn fajitas (quorn chkn pieces, red onion, red and yellow peppers and courgette) on a bed of lettuce (instead of tortillas!) with homemade smooth salsa, HEXa portion of grated cheddar and 2 tablspoons of kraft light, garlic and herb. Stuffed! Gonna check/edit my food list for today and see what Ive done for the day so far....

Emsie, whats your fave recipe(s) for cakes with them?

Tace, I had a quick glance at that the other day. I definitely enjoy my sweet treats. Will have another look! :D

One of my faves is I use a healthy extra of oats and healthy extra of scan bran and make a 'sw parkin' and have it for a couple of breakfasts, also like the carrot cake one and made a nice one today using curly wurly and coffee x

I will sort the recipes when am next on computer as can't remember them off hand unless you can find them by googling?

The one I did today I added coffee as didnt have choc options and the rest was 2 eggs, sweetner, 5 scan bran, curly wurly. I used the douwe egberts caramel flavoured coffee and it was nice. Microwaved it for 7 minutes. So 11syns for whole thing or 6 and a healthy extra x

This is a nice version of the carrot cake but there are others around.....

Syns: 13½ delicious Syns
You will need: 4 Scan Bran-crushed 1 Weetabix, crushed 5oz grated carrot ½ teaspoon nutmeg 1 level tbsp runny honey 2 level tbsp mincemeat 3 beaten eggs
For the topping: 1 tub quark Lemon juice Sweetener to taste
Method:
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C/ 350°F 2. Mix all the ingredients together. 3. Transfer the mix into a baking tin lined with non-stick baking parchment and bake for 1 hour. 4. When cooked turn onto a wire rack to cool. 5. For the topping mix the quark with lemon juice and sweetener to taste and spread onto the cake once cooled.

and this is a version of the 'parkin'

4 Scan Bran ( 2 syns )
2 Eggs
28g Porridge Oats ( 1 healthy B or 5 syns )
15g Sweetner
1 tbsp Dark Treacle ( 2 syns )
1 tsp Cinnamon

I used 5 scan bran to make it 2 complete healthy extras and didn't put the treacle in but know others have used golden syrup instead.
I sometimes have it with banana and golden syrup or fruits and fromage frais etc

Thanks!! Those look delish!

Starvin now! lol..

So today:

B: egg on 2 slices nimble wholemeal with 2 slices of low low burger slices with a tbspn ketchup
HEXa, HEXb, 1Syn

S: canteloupe, nectarine, Ryvita minis
HEXb

L: Free soup from yesterday, small salad with a palmful of left over pasta twists, tomato, cucumber 2 tbspns kraft light herb n garlic
2 syns

S: Nectarine (must stop eating these! theyre SO gorgeous though!)

D: jacket sweet potato with tomato-y spinach with 30g cheddar and small free salad with balsamic vinegar
HEXa

S: Alpen light and coffee
3 syns

Last edited:
Dinner was soooo nice and so incredibly filling! I may just have a coffee later on as a little treat and leave the alpen bar!. Ive only had 3 syns today. I should have a bit more but Im honestly far too full to think about that right now. uugghhh. lol.

Back