Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Oh no sick children is stressful!!!

I think it's sometimes more the volume of food, you see skinny people eat junk but then they don't carry on eating it all day and night, they have what they want and then stop. Like French people eating the small amount of the luxury ice cream, don't know where I read that

Anyway seeks to be working for you right now so don't knock it!! I'm maintaining on a vlcd which is very frustrating, but i'm trying to be patient and give it a chance it had to work in the end

Hope babies are better xx

Im kinda here but mostly not. So much serious SH!T is going in life right now. Its not really an excuse, but I seriously couldnt cope with adding any more worry/stress/struggle into the mix right now. Ive got anti depressants but ive yet to start them as Im not sure that I actually WANT to. I just know that I need to be able to cope and rght now Im failing miserably at that. Blah. Anyway.

I keep checking in here every few days as that is the most I can commit to right now. Im sure by christmas I will be back here whining about "why is it christmas and im still fat and wasted so much time again..." blah blah blah. So this is kinda just for me to look at and go "oh yeah. things were really hard and really bad around then. probably shouldnt be so hard on myself" when it comes to that.

Double blah.

Oh bee poor you, why don't you want to take the meds? I've learnt over the years that I just need them full stop (period!!! Lol ) and that's the way it is

They may not change situations in you're life but they well change your ability to cope with them

Don't worry about diet that will always be there to fix ( don't I know it!!) Just get back on your feet first before you try to tackle the world

Lots of us on this site on anti depressants or similar and I wonder whether it's that nature of our personality that makes us all log on to a website to talk about diets (or lack of) in the obsessive way that we do

Food is an addiction and therefore a mental health issue like any drug, but because we're not starving like the 'normal' eating disorders it's deemed less important

Nevertheless we all need help in some way and our lack of control of food is a symptom of that and not the underlying problem

Hope you feel better we're all here for you and all understand each other, which is why we keep on coming back!!

Hugs xxx

Im hesitant to take them because ive taken them before. The side effects were horrendous for me. Headaches, extreme exhaustion, to the point I really did fall asleep in my food!! And at this point I can identify something non-chemical that WOULD make it easier to cope...but its managing to do that which is tricky and that is ...We need couples therapy. I think if we do that and make some in-roads into fixing US then I will personally have a less foggy head about the rest of the things going wrong right now. And the progress (or at least the fact that we are trying) would give me confidence to tackle the other crap. Anyway. Ive got them and Im going to hold off for a while. I dont want to be at a low if/when I decide to take them. Sounds daft..but I want to make the choice to take them (if i go that route) with a slightly clearer head.

We did couples therapy a couple of years ago it was quite helpful although to be honest we stopped before we should have done

I have the awful pessimistic view that no one is really happy 100%, we've kind of been tricked by movies to think that there is love and romance but at the end of the day spending years and years with the same person, they're always going to pee you off, and disappoint you (and you them!) And if you can get along most of the time and the give-take isn't too one sided then that's good enough

But I can see why you don't want to take the pills because there is a difference between being unhappy and being depressed, and if you know there is something making you unhappy better to deal with that first

Hugs hunni

Eh. Im here. Still alive. Things are just all kinds of crazy right now. I NEED to get going with weight loss. I weighed myself the other day and I was 263 - so still hovering around the same sorta weight. I guess its just good as Im not going back UP...but still. Maintaining is great...when youre at goal! lol. I need to get going but I dont know what to do. Ive decided to go back to being 100% vegetarian again. And i had a quorn escalope for dinner tonight. I used to love them. OMG it was vile. lol. So I guess more beans. I dunno. I just have so much going on right now. Bleh.

Hi Bee nice to 'see' you - maintaining what you've lost is great!

Sorry you're still having a rough time, so much harder to get the diet right when other things not so good - food is our only comfort! It shouldn't be, but sometimes it is :( :(

how are the girls?

Theyre ok. Thankfully! lol. Although Zoe is teething....getting her molars in and OMG her nappies are the stuff are nightmares, i tell you. And she had orrendous nappy rash. Omg. It looked SO SO painful. But metanium worked its magic and shes fine now.

I am slowly getting myself back into the swing of things. We have decided to save save save for now. And see what happens. The ultimate plan is to move over once we have enough money. Its just difficult because through all of this we have found that people, even people that are supposed to be super close to you - family - are totally crap and unreliable. anyway. We're getting there. :D xx How are you honey?

Ugh. Its pouring rain and I was hoping to get to the store today to get some groceries in.

I did a lot of thinking yesterday. And i read through the Scottish Slimmers PEP book yesterday, which another forum member kindly posted to me. The plan itself looks fab. But I worry that I will not be able to stick with it without a class to go to and others for support and ideas. So then I thought about WW. I hate counting points so thats a no. lol. I never got my head around that system. Plus, it irks me that Patsy Kensit is a spokesperson....shes never had a weight problem!! LOL uGH. aNYWAY.

So, slimming World. Im very much leaning towards going back to SW. I only went for like a month last time and I dont think I gave it a chance. I lost 9lbs - 5 in the first week. Im thinking I will try it from now and stick with it, doing it properly, through til xmas and then see where im at. And exercise. I need to exercise.

So thats my plan, me thinks. The class is Tuesday night. I will report back :)

Thanks Lou (just saw that you sneaked in a post!)!! I tried it before and didnt really give it a proper go. I let the guilt of spending money "unecessarily" and of spending time away from the kids and leaving them with hubby after he has been at work all day....that kinda made me give up. But this time...I need to really try. So I shall :)

To move your diary message one of the moderators :) they can change the name too I think but there is another way to do it which I'll remind myself of in morning as i'm on my phone in a tent in the garden!!! Camping tonight, hope I get some sleep got work tomorrow

I joined SW last night. :D

God. 19st 4 (or 4.5...cant remember). *sadface*

I need to do a shop but that will have to wait until Sunday because of lack of funds and because of lack of extra hands with which to juggle the two kids, a trolley, shopping and my sanity. :D So we will go Sunday when hubby is off work. Or he will stay home with the bubsy and I will take Tabby with me. She loves the supermarket. HAHAH. Poor kid. That's a fun day out for her *double sadface* :p

So this morning I had to dash along to the little co-op express shop at the corner for a few bits to get me through. Ive made my chickpea sandwich filler stuff. Im just going to have that for lunch..maybe on ryvitas. And breakfast...im actually kinda full. I had 2/3 of a banana, a bit of carrot as i was chopping to go in the chickpea stuff...and a couple of bites of the chickpea stuff when it was done. Stuffed. insane isnt it? But its really really filling!

Anyway. I may have a coffee with a dash of slimmed milk in a bit. I was gonna do a microwaved scrambled egg on a slice of brown bread. I will if I get peckish. And dinner is black bean and sweetcorn salad with homemade salsa. YUM!

Must work on the water. Im struggling to get it down. Meh!

Food today (so far):

Breakfast

2/3 banana
coffee with a splash of skimmed milk and sweetener (not going to bother counting)
2 slices Burgen Soya and Linseed with a scrambled egg 1 tspn ketchup and 1 tbspn light mayo.
** I have no idea how to count this bread. I would imagine one slice could be used as my HEXb? So thats both my HEXb...I need to get the books. I can never use the online tools properly :/ ugh
So 2 HEXb and 2 syns

Snack

1/4 canteloupe

nectarine

Lunch

chickpea sandwich filler (mashed chickpeas, american mustard, carrots, celery, onion, and 2 tblspns light mayo - so 4 syns for the whole portion and i have half) on 3 ryvitas
6 syns

ugh. totally doing this wrong. lol. i really need to get my shopping done :|

Dinner will be A huge salad of black beans and sweet corn cooked in homemade salsa (all free/super free) with some philadelphia mixed in. i had to get the full fat because thats all they had. but I will only use 1 tablespn. I would rather use it as my HEXa but I dont know if I can.

anyway. thats it for dinner. yeah. and water water water.

Last edited:
Hello here to subscribe if that's okay? If I can help in anyway give me a shout :)
I saw you weren't sure about your bread is it the 400g loaf or 800g? I've had a look online and it doesn't come up on the healthy extras, but if it the 800g loaf it 6 syns which is usually in a HEB so I'd say you're right to say 2 HEBs for both slices x

Welcome Tace! Yes its the 800g loaf. Thanks! Ive done SW before (twice!) but never really lasted long enough to fully grasp it. So this time i am really going to have a proper try! I will need lots of help and feel free to correct me if ive counted something wrong or said something thats wrong! I welcome it! :D

Had my salad.

AND 2 Choc Digestives earlier this afternoon!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

Well..partly because I have very little in the cupboards anyway...but not making excuses...that was stupid. So thats me over on Syns already, on day 1. Argh.
Why. Do. I. Do. This. Sh!t?! grr

Line drawn. Moving on. Not to be repeated (at least not in the first bloomin' week, ffs.

Salad was nice.

Feeling quite bloated and meh. Im wondering if its not nearly that time of the month. I should really start keeping track of that. Now that Im not on anything I kinda have no idea if/when it will come. Ive had one a month since April/May though. Anyway Im going to be done with food for today now, I think. I MAY have have a nectarine later if im really hungry but as of now...im absolutely stuffed.

Back