Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

So..ive been crap.

Ive been stressed to the eyeballs with Lyra (our cat) situation. Its come down to, basically....either we get him rehomed before August or we are going to have to put him to sleep. From a FB convo with my sister:

So BA only farm the shipment of your pet out to a pet relocation company - No good. Pet relocation companies so far, 1 quote of £1,016 and one quote of £975. Delta only have 2 flights a week that are suitable for pets and only during summer months. As yet, they arent sure when they will be switching over the fleet to the winter fleet (which is completely NOT suitable to take pets, at all) but we are planning to leave in late sept or october and the cargo guy said it is likely that they will have switched the fleet over to the winter aircraft. And virgin, DONT FLY PETS TO VEGAS. (LOL wtf) so we would have to fly into LAX and then get to Vegas somehow (we dont drive, yet). So likely another flight on Southwest. And more money and more stress for him. He is 10 years old and isnt going to do well with any of this. Not to mention that we will have to all trundle down to London on the 3 hour train ride and stay over in a hotel the night before. Im stressed beyond belief. So its gonna be either: Delta - a 3hr train ride to london, overnight stay in hotel, travel on longhaul flight the next day, stay overnight in Atlanta, 2nd leg the day after that, arrive in vegas and into a kennel for 2 weeks until we get a place of our own. OR Virgin - 3 hr train ride to london, overnight stay in hotel, longhaul flight the next day straight to LAX, another overnight stay in hotel, another flight (probably on Southwest) to vegas, then into a kennel for 2 weeks until we find our own place. He wont cope well with any of it and im fully expecting the stress and fear of it all to either kill him or leave lasting effects some how. Its not fair. So the other option is to rehome him, which I have been told time and time again - no one will want him because he's old and a bit grumpy, or put him to sleep. Im devastated right now, sister. seriously.

So..ive been been trying to think of anything or anyone that might be kind enough to just look after our boy for us and let him see out his days but I dont know many people here and none of them, thus far, have been willing. Ive put him on 3 different rehoming forums. We've tried everything. Im going to try a few more pet relocation places and see if we can get a quote that is at least only the same as one of our tickets (the quotes we've had are more than double) and see how it goes. Im not with it. And i will probably be AWOL for a while. I just cant do it all right now. Im fkn devastated.

Hi K,

I sent Woodgreen an email about placing your cat. http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/rehome/cats/rehoming_process

You are right about the stress of shipping him. It s unlikely your cat would survive the transport. The care pets get in transport is not great. We have similar concerns about transporting our dog back to the States - but we might have the option of using military transport. (Fingers Crossed).

I'll PM you a copy of what I wrote.

I do understand your pain -- I had two very beloved cats when we moved to the UK in 1994. My Persian had kidney problems and was about 7 years old. I couldn't rehome him - his care was expensive. I had to have him put to sleep. It was devastating, but really the only option (other than divorcing my husband and raising my son in a broken home). Our other cat was fit and healthy, but he was going to be very lonely without the other cat and we'd have had to quarantine him for six months back then (thousands of pound's between transport and quarantine). We place him with a no kill cat charity. They kept me updated on him with a couple of self addressed stamped postcards I left for that purpose. They feel in love him -- he was so friendly that used him as their "ambassador" cat and he would be placed with new intakes to help them adjust to multiple cat environment. He lived the rest of his life with as a member of staff.

There will be answer -- (((((HUGS)))))

Thanks hun...

We are now going to try to get a few more quotes from pet relocation companies.....then he can just be picked up and transported to his flight, get on the flight and be pretty much cleared through to vegas. The problem is that we dont have a grand just laying around. So we may have to see if we can possibly cut back any further. Its pretty bare bones as it is. Poor Zoes bday presents, I can count on 1 hand and its mostly clothes. :/

This is stupidly hard. Why is this so hard?

Hey honey so sorry about all this stress...poor kitty :( I would absolutely take him but from what I hear he wouldn't like my four very much...and my neighbours have lost their cat recently but they have two dogs so he wouldn't like it there either :(

But what I really wanted to say was, don't worry about Zoe birthday she doesn't need lots of presents, just a nice fuss made of her and a play in the park and a cake, don't stress over giving her lots when the money you're spending is to get a better life. you're doing it for all your benefits and one day you can say to her aren't you glad you had a frugal second birthday so we could start our new life!!!

Love you honey...xxx

He's never been around other cats and the only interaction he's had in when neighbour cats come to play thru the window. He never gets defensive...just playful. But who can say if thats just the security of being inside and safe or not.

Anyway...Im not worried about Zoes bday so much. shes young enough that she wont know shes getting gypped. lol. And she is getting 2 sets of pocket library board books ..which she absolutely LOVES. you know, those little sets of tiny board books. One is Peppa Pig and the other is Mr Tumble. She loves them both. so so much. and a talking mr tumble. and the cat dolly from room on the broom. and some timmy time figures. its all good.

so...ive just had another quote back. this company will collect him 2 days before his flight and keep him, fly him....sort it all. and they only want 1545 quid. *falls down dead*

But ive also just had a girl from a company whoe mailed me a quote yesterday call up to follow up on it...the quote was for 1,012 and said in BOLD in the email that it did NOT include collection from our home. Which really...if im using a company...thats kinda the whole point. \so i was kinda blase when she asked if i had received their quote. I said I had received so many (we're up to 4 now! lol) that im sure i had. She said well...if you hacve any questions etc etc. I said tbh, from all the quotes we've had thus far it seems like its going to be incredibly expensive to go this route and also that their quote (i was looking at it by this time) didnt even include collection from our home for that price when, really, thats kinda the whole point of using a service, for us. otherwise we could just arrange the travel in the plane ourselves via the airline's cargo dept. She started to kinda scramble and said "oh..welll..er.yes..uh...well it...uh,...lemme just check something..." and put me on hold. comes back and said that it DOES include collection allof a sudden. lol. The email deeefinitely reads like it doesnt. But I guess there arent many mugs who actually use these ridiculous "services". So...

this is copied FROM the the quotation email...

Dear Kelly,
Thank you for considering Airsupply Shipping Agents in the relocation of your family pet(s).
We have been relocating family pets for over 24 years and your pet’s welfare is always our first priority.
With our caring staff all being pet owners we understand the stress and worry that relocating your family pets may cause and take pride in offering a friendly personal professional service from start to finish.
Based on the information provided in your enquiry to relocate “Lyra” to Las Vegas USA, from **my post code** the estimated cost would be £1’012.00.
For an accurate quotation and to qualify for a Free Transit Kennel or costs for any other services which are not included in the above please contact us to discuss your requirements either by email or call us on our free phone number: 0800 137321.
Should you receive a cheaper “like for like” quote, we guarantee to beat it!
This includes (where required):-

Airfreight

• 1 x IATA Regulated Kennel1 @ “26 x 16 x 22” inches (complete with water bowls and funnels)
  • Airline Handling
  • Aviation Security Fee
  • Fuel / War Surcharge
  • Airline AVI Check Fee
In addition to the above we can also offer the following services, at the listed prices below:-
UK collection and boarding services £POA
Services that are included and we provide free of charge:-
Delivery to Airport / departures from London Heathrow only (within normal working hours, outside of these hours there will be a small charge THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE COLLECTION FROM RESIDENCE)

Last edited:
Thanks honey!

Ive edited it out now. :p

Yeah. Ive had another quote for £685 which doesnt include collection but theyve listed the price of that at £210...and a few other things. So Ive asked them for a quote for them to do as much as possible and to tell me how much and what would be left for me to do. Theyre based in edinburgh so muuuuch closer to me ( and i presume thats why they seem quite a bit cheaper). I also got a quote from one based in Manchester (or leeds..cant remember), also much much much closer to me, and it was £932 which seems to not be clear on if it includes collection or not (again!). Its fine that these places use templates but they really need to edit out bits and/or add in bits as appropriate and edit it (double check it!!) before they send. lol. So ive asked them as well...to clarify..and to give me a price for everything included and what would be left for us to do.

If we can get one for £1k (or less) to do EVERYTHING...we will do our damnedest to try to go that route. *sigh*

Morning..

Im completely done messing around. 222.0 today. Ive had 1 egg and I made my pancakes (they came...yay!) and popped them in the fridge. I got 8 little ones. About the size of a jaffa cake. Which is perfect for grazing/snacking on through the day. I will go and make a shake in a bit. And i went to the fruit n veg shop for some fruit for the girls and they had the most massive cauliflowers i have seen, for a quid. So i came home and riced it. And I got 5 little baggies out of it...each with 1.5 cup portion. Gonna check the grams in a minute. So I put 2 in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. Thats my veg sorted for several days. for a pound! fab. Im tempted to go back and get another one! Bargain! So far so good. Im so annoyed with it all that I have no desire to pick at easter chocolate or any of the other bits of CRAP ive been casually picking and pecking at.

Anyway. So food today will work out to 706/61

Morning K,

Do you have a ricer gadget? Also, when you rice your cauli how do you prepare it?

Glad you're on it. :) I love the photos of you having the girls tidy up after themselves.

Nope...just a grater thing thats basically a lid to a plastic bowl. its still messy but pretty quick. i used to just microwave it (no water added) in a bowl for a few mins but now that i dont have a microwave I will just dry fry it in a pan. maybe a sray of frylight if it seems to need it...but i doubt it will. i will probably just cover it for a few mins and let is kinda steam. Done.

My girls are good. :)

Nope...just a grater thing thats basically a lid to a plastic bowl. its still messy but pretty quick. i used to just microwave it (no water added) in a bowl for a few mins but now that i dont have a microwave I will just dry fry it in a pan. maybe a sray of frylight if it seems to need it...but i doubt it will. i will probably just cover it for a few mins and let is kinda steam. Done.

My girls are good. :)

Thanks. I have a pan that steams and I usually do mine that way.

Are you going to replace the microwave? Try FreeCycle. People give stuff away on that all the time.

Yay! I'm glad it was sorted.

Morning...

AND HEELLLOOOO 217.6!!!!! New lowest low!! As well as a (random and hilarious) 5lb drop since yesterday? yeah...that HAD to be poo and water. Seriously.

So today is going to be EXACTLY THE SAME AS YESTERDAY, foodwise. Just to hammer it home. hahah

Holy poopcrap you guys. I actually squealed. hahahaAnd i got off the scale, turned it off and got back on to double check.

Lets do this.

I have 2 days until WI. I want to get as CLOSE to 215 as possible, even though its my mini-goal for NEXT week, on Zoe's bday. Im just staying focused on THAt number.

*chants* 215 215 215 215!!!!!!! hahaha.

Food:

2 eggs, Pancakes, vanilla shake, chili with cheese slice and cauli rice, praline bar. I think I had 3 coffees (or 4, with full fat milk! lol) and 3L of water. My dinner last night, SO GOOD. Its my new fave thing. haha. The cauli rice is soooo good. And crazy filling.

Ok. I am MOTIVATED.

215!

215!

Im comin to getcha, 215!

:p lmao xxx

have a great day all. hope someone has some sun today because we sure as hellz dont :/ lol

Morning K,

Morning...

AND HEELLLOOOO 217.6!!!!! New lowest low!! As well as a (random and hilarious) 5lb drop since yesterday? yeah...that HAD to be poo and water. Seriously.

So today is going to be EXACTLY THE SAME AS YESTERDAY, foodwise. Just to hammer it home. hahah

Holy poopcrap you guys. I actually squealed. hahahaAnd i got off the scale, turned it off and got back on to double check.

Lets do this.

I have 2 days until WI. I want to get as CLOSE to 215 as possible, even though its my mini-goal for NEXT week, on Zoe's bday. Im just staying focused on THAt number.

*chants* 215 215 215 215!!!!!!! hahaha.

Food:

2 eggs, Pancakes, vanilla shake, chili with cheese slice and cauli rice, praline bar. I think I had 3 coffees (or 4, with full fat milk! lol) and 3L of water. My dinner last night, SO GOOD. Its my new fave thing. haha. The cauli rice is soooo good. And crazy filling.

Ok. I am MOTIVATED.

215!

215!

Im comin to getcha, 215!

:p lmao xxx

have a great day all. hope someone has some sun today because we sure as hellz dont :/ lol

Wow! Huge drop! Congrats! You'll be in Onederland soon!

Thanks. I cant wait to just be at (and then UNDER) 215!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You're very close. You've done so -so very consistent.

I have to tell you - you look very good in those photos I assume your DH took. You have a nice shape - and at 5'9" (I think you sad you were) - you'll no longer be obese!

That was an awesome day back in 2008 - when I was no longer obese! I swore that day that I'd never be obese again - have managed (for the most part) since. (There may have been a couple of weeks when I teetered across the brink).

I'm planning to get back to goal - and never be overweight again. I will have a 10 pound range between my goal weight a being overweight (bites being short) - but I find your determination very inspirational.

Are you using S & S? One of my favorite things is the cottage pie over steamed cauliflower.

Back