Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Right. So thats sorted. Ive got 10 weeks new WIs in my siggy.

Need to get this done because I really have to be at goal well before we leave.

No more messing around.

Anyway. Food today as i wrote yesterday..

Lemon Yog shake
pancakes
chilli w swede
2-3 eggs

I have started loom knitting and i am completely addicted. This is sooo going to help me pass time through the day..AND do something creative and constructive. So far...my first trial project is a basic blanket with some sh!tty yarn I had. Just to practice. if its awfull...its no big deal. Eventually, I want to knit both of my girls a blanket each. :) Pics to follow. lol :D

I just started it last night...

loomy2.jpg

loomy1.jpg

i hadnt...will mosey over and check it out!

seriously..i love love this loom knitting. it is making the day FLY and I love that I am making something useable...with my hands! and i havent thought about food at all. Im feeling strong and positive today. im ready to do this...and see it through. I had my lemon yog shake this morning. OMG. Its the best shake flavour EVER. i could DEFINITELY have that for breakfast every morning. I added 2 sweetners because i add lots of water and tons of ice. but man alive...it was gorgeous. hahahaha

so i had that and an egg. and then ive just made pancakes. i made one big one for lunch, which ive just finished with a coffee...and then i made 3 smaller sized ones (like a digestive-ish size) and i will have those as my afternoon snack if i get peckish. But really...im feeling So strong about this..mentally. hubby is taking me to lunch tomorrow at bella italia and im having chicken and salad. already decided. so tomorrow i will omit whichever pack i would have had. meanining..im not sure if we are going to lunch or dinner. so whichever we go for..i will just have that instead of that pack..but the rest of the day as usual. a shake for breakfast to use them up...and then my salad or pancakes for lunch. and then my salad or chili and swede for dinner (depending). and then hubby leaves for london on monday (sniff!). I cant believe this is like the final big step before his interview. this is it. everything else has been done! im nervous and excited. anyway..yeah.

awesome day today.

right...back to my knitting before i put zoe down for a nap. lol the colours were just...the crappy scrappy yarn i had left over. i had to double it because its SO SO cheap and thin. lol. crap. but it'll do for my very first thing ive ever knitted. lol. :D im really pleased with it.

Today has been SO awesome.

I got up and boiled 2 eggs. I had one with a cup of coffee around 9. Had water, and then a shake at 10:15ish...which lasted ages because I was busy knitting. I chewed gum(the trident strawberry lime is my fave and i know its not strictly allowed but...pfft) and did loads of knitting. Then made lunch at around 12:15 - pancakes. I made one biggish one to eat then and then 3 smaller ones for my afternoon tricky time. I had a few more coffees over the course of the day and my pancakes...and then at dinner time i went in and put some gum in my mouth to stop me mindlessly (or otherwise!) picking and it totally worked. :D I made everyone's dinner and as I hadnt had my 2nd egg, I decided to just scramble it and add the chili pack to that..sounds gross but it was pretty much like a chili omelette. I added my light cheese slice and put that over my (PERFECT! FINALLY) swede and can I just say....my dinner was SO worth waiting for. I wasnt ravenous but i was quite hungry and it was delicious and SO filling. Im sitting my coke zero now and Im just so pleased with myself today. Finally. I didnt have any desperation, no picking, no struggling. The next couple of days MIGHT be more difficult but Im hoping my knitting will help me keep my mind off of it so I can said straight through back into routine. I kept staring at my flower chart in the kitchen as I was making dinner and I have ONE petal left on the first flower of the second stone set (i have 4 sets of 2 flowers - each flower a total of 7lbs to make each set a stone...make sense?). So..my first stone is coloured off and has been for ages. But the second stone...that flower has been virtually the same for AGES. I need to start colouring in again. And so I will. The last petal on that flower that still needs to be coloured in is 216 - I hope to be there in a few days. :D

So...Im content and full and gonna go wash up the dishes before I start knitting a bit more and then EUROVISION tonight. Woo!

Morning!

I really want to order some lemon shakes. I might. Not sure. Depends on if i can get rìd of tge spag bols. I have sooo many packs currently
And zero money. So im gonna use up the shakes I have for breakfasts...and see how i feel at the end of that. :)

Id like to see a new liwest low tomorrow...hmmm. lol

Morning,

I've been reading your diary (which has taken a while) and I think it's great you've found what works for you. You're an inspiration. You might not have had it all easy but your determination to stick with it is great.

Im on week 3 and hoping to loose another 1.5-2 stones. I'd like one of by the end of June, but realise from diaries like yours this is a marathon not a sprint, I'm just happy with the changes as they happen.

I think your flower idea is fab btw

Aww Kat! Welcome and thank you. :)

VLCD works. And it works well. But it is, in my opinion, one of the most difficult diets to do unless you are full of desperate determination. Your head has to be completely in it otherwise...well....youve seen. LOL.

Well done on your progress thus far honey and I cant wait to see how you get on. And tbh, theres no reason you cant lose another stone by the end of June...but as youve not got a whole lot to lose compared to others*, it might be a little slower. Plus....that ol' cliche...everyone's body is different..blah blah. lol. Have you got a diary? Post a link so i can subscribe and cheer ya on! :D

*...so like...this is something that really annoys me. Even though its never affected me (haha *cry*..or not YET!). When people sorta...trivialize smaller weight loss goals. Like....if someone "only" has 2 stone to lose. It doesnt make their journey any less important or challenging. I think its the one thing that uber-fatties like myself are really quite sh!tty about. Maybe trying to get their own back? Maybe jealousy? Whatever it is. I hate it when someone who started with 4 or 5 or 10 stone to lose thinks its ok to judge and make light of someone who has turned to VLCD to "just lose" a stone or two. Gah.

/end rant.

Anyway. Its Mother's Day in the USA (And most everywhere else. UK, why so awkward, eh?! lol) and hubby got me a quite adorable little diary thing to record important memories of the day in a few lines...and its a 5 year one. its going to totally be a project im going to try to stick to and see through. :D Love it. And it says "MOM's" One Line a Day Diary. mOm's. Not mUm's. haha. I haaaaate "mum". My kids call me Mam (the NE term) or Mom. neeeever mum. hahahah. Anyway. Im waffling. And I have coffee and water to drink and a shake to make and kids to get dressed and asda delivering the shopping in a couple of hours and a shake to make and have. AND KNITTING TO DO. All before lunchtime. And its already 8:02am. the days nearly OVER! *gasp* hahaha

Have a lovely Sunday all xxxx

Oh oh. AND OMG....Hubby goes to london tomorrow. jksdfhsjklhsjklfhklsjfhsklhf omgggggggg. haha

You really have swept the board clean ready for the final push.

Know what you mean about having loads of packs and no money. I know I'm going to love those lemon shakes but I have a million packs that I feel half hearted about. I have loads of Lighter Life Shepherd's Pie which I loved but bought more than I needed out of guilt as my LL counsellor bought a box in for me. Might have to find a way to make them more inspiring. Just when we can have so little it seems a shame not to have our favourites on hand.

I used to love doing lots of crafty things, tapestry and knitting and sewing but since I got a laptop I spend all my time messing about on here. Made snoods when they were around a few years ago but I maybe need a nice little project. Might get my sewing machine serviced and knock out some summer skirts.

Hope you have a brilliant day. I'm feeling so much more accountable with the challenge starting today.

Yes! I feel like..if I can only have a measly amount..it should at least be my faves! Lol

So ..just got back from lunch. Stuck to my guns and just had my salad. :D

But...

It was suuuuch a disappointment :/ It didnt taste of anything and i wasnt satisfied or full afterwards. I actually found myself wishing we hadnt bothered and wanting my pancakes instead!!

I had half a coconut bar (5g carbs in whole bar) and now im in bed with zoe as its her naptime.

Today ive had a strawberry shake, a very un (in??!)substantial salad. And 1 coffee and water. Lol. Once zoes asleep...more water, a coffee and knitting. :)

Tiiiiny (massive) plan change.

Im going to London tomorrow with hubby. Ive booked the girls and i on his train and upgraded his room and now i must go pack

Its just a flying visit but i had a bit of a panic attack about being home by myself with the girls. im such a wimp :/

So we are going. And Im going to stick to plan to the very best of my ability. Seriously.

Im packing bars. *no nonsense* :D

Sounds exciting! Hope you have a good time.

You're not a wimp, you're jumping at an exciting opportunity for a quick trip away with your girls ;)

Happy packing (that's the worst bit)!

having my swede and chilli now. Yum!

so today:

strawberry shake
grilled chkn salad
chili/swede
bar

coffee, water

yay! So thats me done for today (after i finish me dinner).

Im going to pack 2 bars (the 5g carb coconut ones) and I will probably just have an egg in the morning tomorrow and another one before we go.....because we will be getting in at about 6pm and then by the time we get to the hotel and check in and head back out for dinner, wont much care to look around for someone that does VLCD approriate food. if i can find somewhere, all the better. but really...the girls will be hungry and tired and that will free me up.

OMG that is so exciting the girls will love it! I love doing things last minute and love staying in hotels :D My OH hates change and needs to know what is going to happen and if it deviates he gets twitchy haha I think he might be mildly autistic but then we've all got our quirks!

Ooh lemon shakes you say.... I was thinking about those earlier they are SO good aren't they! I'm going to make a decision near the end of next week as to whether to get more packs or not. If my losses don't buck their ideas up then I probs won't bother and low carb it instead...but change my mind daily about that.

Well done on a great day on plan, what a shame you didn't enjoy your salad HUMPH annoying when you feel you've wasted an opportunity for something delicious, but there will be other meals and the main thing was that the girls got to hang out with their Mum (haha)...sorry, Mom ;)

Joe had an American friend (they've gone back to Texas now) and he stayed over there and they had a breakfast burrito so we always say (in a terrible accent) MOM CAN I HAVE A BREAKFAST BURRITO!! I do the worst accents ever they never sound like what they're supposed to

Morning!

217.4 - hahaha cannot crack 216!!! I will though...watch me! LOL

Lou -Yep..its a big tortilla with breakfasty stuff in. scrambled eggs and cheese and then sometimes hashbrown or other breakfasty potato,or mexican beans/rice, bacon, sausage, salsa, onion avocado....the possibilities are endless. lol

*droool*

I had an egg at 7:30 and another just now - 9:30 - so thats pretty much it until tonight now. I might have one more egg before we leave..around lunch time.

Im still going for 215 by Wednesday - the morning after we get back. :D

Train is at 2:25 this afternoon so we will have to leave around 12:45. The bus into town takes about 45 mins and then theres a walk to the station. So best get cracking. Still have a bit of packing to do, me and hubby need showers, we all need to get dressed and i gotta get them some lunch in a bit. whew!

Back