Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

kissy.jpg

All the photos are lovely. Your hubster will love them.

and yay to fresh fat!! Excellent news :)

omg that would still be my favourite - I have no pregnancy photos like that - I so wish I did

I do hope when you move you will still pop in here and let us all know how you are getting on :)

our target weights are the same but I have started heavier than you (and our heights are the same too)
when you started your journey did you start with slim and save - as if so I can sort of predict where I COULD be if I stick with it for five months - it seems such a long time but when I look back to christmas where has the year gone -

have an wonderful day - the sun is out and something to be enjoyed with the girls :)

Hi Aaleigha! This particular stint of S&S started at 14'0.2'' on the day after boxing day 2013 (I was 15 stone in 2011 and did Dukan to get to 12 and a half then steadily put most back on again), I've been either 100% on S&S or doing very low carb - I've only had a few days where I've had something carby so to me the weekly losses I've had have been disappointing and I do see others losing faster than me so you might be one of the lucky ones!!! Can you see my signature? I've lost just over 35lbs in almost 5 months which is only half of the 'stone a month' suggested loss but I'm not complaining! Because the way I was going I was heading for another 35lbs gain ;) I did lose over a stone in my first month but then it slowed right down BUT I couldn't claim to have been 100%, I have been quite free and easy with the protein and fat so if you knuckle down and stick to your packs and weigh the protein and veg if you have it you should have a better rate of loss than I did

Hope this makes sense, sorry i was rambling away there!!

Thanks honey... :)

Yes, Lou is very fab. She's honest and real and will be happy to give you the low-down xx

aww I'm blushing over here! shucks...!! Love the love-in on the minis diaries :D :D

my diary is here http://www.minimins.com/gold-members-diary/332416-lous-2014-fresh-start.html :D it isn't that interesting haha lots of musings and self-involved-ness :D

aw Bee those pics are soooo adorable and that one of you and Zoe is a real 'framed on the wall-er'!! I'm almost tempted to put it on my own wall it's so gorgeous, and anyway I'm always going, 'you know my friend Bee who is American and lives in Newcastle...' well, 'blah blah blah' haha so my family probably feel like they know you anyway!!

Enjoy the sunshine today :D

all the pics of the girls are beautiful - but my fav has to the the one of you and your daughter - a very special moment caught on film

hope your coming week and great

H xx

Morning

So. Yesterday was my Granny's memorial. And i couldnt be there. It was really pretty hard for me. But. I didnt go as far off plan as I could have. :/

Yep. 218.4 today - BUT!

We got up and headed out before 10am. We went down to the Quayside market. Hubby hasnt been in over 10 years (and said it used to be pretty crap so not to have high expectations) and when we got there we realised.....omg its both brilliant and HORRIBLE.

brilliant because there are loads of stalls....mostly all really good! Except, also, lots and lots of foody stalls. Lebonese chicken wraps! Hot donuts!! Sausages! Cakes! Cheese! Sweets! Thai! Alllllsorts. We resisted it. All. Bought a bag of gummy meerkats for the girls and a bag of those giant white choc discs with hundreds n thousands on them (do they have a name?!) but these were quite small bags. Anyway. Regardless. That was it! Then we moved on past the market an walked down, over the millienium bridge (only the 2nd time ive been on it since hubby proposed to me on it in may 2004!) and into the Baltic (art gallery). The girls really loved it! There was a kids/family section as well - a place for them to do a bit of creative play and colouring/drawing/arty stuff. We wandered around for a little bit but not so long that they would get bored and cranky. Then we headed back over the bridge and back into town.

We went to TGIFridays for lunch. And from their rather limited menu (ugh. its crap these days!) I decided to just go with a caesar salad with chicken. Not too bad. I mean..terrible, calories-wise. But very low carb (picked out pretty much all of the croutons). So far so good. I had only had a pack of pancakes before we left. So pancakes and salad up to this point. Then we headed back into Eldon Square because I wanted to sneakily get Mal to choose his own photo album for his gift. I just told him I wwanted to tidy up all the loose (for lack of a better word! lol) photos we have in the photo box. He bought my fib and on the way through we said "coffee?!" So i said "Sure!" and we went to starbucks. And oh my he!! if they didnt have a choco-coconut frappuccino!?!?!?! So. Against my better judgement and because I was kinda feeling sorry for myself and rather down about granny etc...i had a small one. I had only half of it though in case the sugar made me feel sick. So half of a small one. Probably not the end of the world...so on we went to the shops. He half-heartedly helped me look but it was getting late and we ran out of time and didnt find anything. So we head to the bus stop via marksies and he says "Shall we get some flowers? For granny?" It was a sweet gesture and we did....but that just hit me and i started to bawl. Composed myself and bought a couple of little bouquets - white roses and pink carnations. Sweet, simple...rather peaceful looking. We pay for them and get home.

And then it was dinner time and I was still really feeling awful and couldnt really be bothered. The Asda shop wasnt due for another hour and we had very little in the house. So I ended up doing hot dogs for Zoe and Mal and Tabbys usual (shes a verrrry fussy eater)....and I couldnt be bothered so just had a sandwich made from the left over grilled onions. Then about an hour later I had a banana. And then about 10pm, we were watching Breaking Bad on netflix and I got an apple with pb (one of my fave "healthy" snacks!)

Not horrific. But...I am up 1.5lbs.

Today....hubby has an appointment at the hospital for his blood monitoring/to collect his prescription so we are going to go with him and go to the park over the road from the hospital while he is having his appointment...then walk through into Jesmond Dene. Ive already decided that i will make pancakes and take them and pack lunch for the girls - just a sandwich, crisps and some fruit. Hubby doesnt eat lunch normally (when dieting) so he said he doesnt want anything. Sorted. Im going to have pancake for breakfast, pancake for lunch at the park and chili/swede/eggs later on.

And water water water.

Ok. Lunches packed (including my pancakes) and I had a caramel shake this morning (well 2/3 of it...i didnt really fancy anything but figure id better having it now) and a boiled egg. Girls are dressed and so am i. Just need shoes and off we go.

Have a great day all!

When you said you had a blip I was expecting all sorts, it wasn't so bad :)

Back on it today like a pro, you and me, the master team :)

That market sounds amazing how resisted all that while feeling sad I don't know!!

Have a great day lovely enjoy the sunshine :)

:slap: That's for yesterday, but yes it wasn't too bad given that it was an emotional day for you. And, I did find myself wondering what would happen if you mixed up a chocolate shake with a coconut bar in the blender with ice for a low carb version of your drink. Will probably never try it but occupied me on the bus.

Now go get today and enjoy yourself in the park!!!

your weekend must have been extremely emotional - and you did so well - you really should acknowledge how well you have done
and this week you will be fine - you have made a brilliant start to your week - I am lucky I have grown up children and a hubby that wants to be supportive
I dont bake for him he either does it himself (no chance) or shop for his treats
when he has he takes his stash to work so its not around me during the day

you dont have that option - I think you are wonderful for coping so very very well with temptation - me the ice cream could very well have won :):)

Ice cream I love you!!!!! Seriously love the stuff so well done :)

It's gorgeous here I've been delivering more green party leaflets with Layla and her friend helping me :) i've got boots on I can't wait to set my feet free when I get home in a min :)

Thanks loves :)

SO....I just took inventory and I have EXACTLY 63 days of packs left.

That takes me to Wednesday 23rd July. And thats it. I will lose as much as i can in these next 63 days....and then Im done with packs.

Can I lose 36lbs in 63 days? Almost certainly not but Im going to get as close as I can. :) xx

63 days - 100% dietwise and 100% on the "no-frivolous-spending" front as well. We are slightly behind with our savings and with £30 in bus fares spent in just the last 2 days alone...its no wonder. *sigh*

So the next 63 days I will never be away from here. lol.

Anyway. I found 3 packs of apple and cinnamon porridge in the cupboard and Im going to have those tomorrow as theyre off hahah. So thats my food for tomorrow. Either as pancakes or as porridge, not decided yet. But just those 3 and some boiled eggs if I feel the need.

Im gonna make a countdown and put it in my siggie. :D

So my WI days will now be on Wednesdays and I will (very much try to...) weigh only on WI days.

Kinda excited now. lol.

I have been reading your diary...V inspiring! I have 60 days until I go away and would like to lose similar amount. Not sure I'm committed enough for a vlcd at the moment (have been on and off diets for a few weeks, need to get my act together before rushing headlong into another!) But I shall enjoy watching your progress. Do you have a plan for life after pack? (Food wise, that is)

Hiya :) Thanks!

Im toying with the idea of doing 60 days of vlcd - 100% and using the last 3 days worth of packs to have a proper refeed week and then possibly do 5:2 or 4:3 - but i will try with food at first and see how i get on.

This is early days planning and thinking so could very well change! But for now...thats kinda what Im thinking. :D

Good luck to you too!

I'm doing 5:2 and loving it. Results are good when I stick to it...I'm thinking of switching to 4:3 for the next 60 days to shift the weight faster.

once you come off the VLCD dont forget to log your foods on something like MFP
and introduce carbs slowly over a few weeks
so week one perhaps add in more starchy veggies like peas
then week two add in some fruits
the a little pasta etc until you get to smaller portions of what you want to eat

I think your idea of keeping a few packs back for a refeed is really good - you can always get a few bits from superdrug if you need it or some protein shakes form holland and barrett - but remember to take a multi vit at the same time

I am sure you will be very close to your target by the time you finish those packs :)
Hx

Back