Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

Ditto!! Hope all ok an you've just been too busy to post xx

i will be back soon. diets fine..its not that. just have a lot of crap going on right now and am incredibly stressed to the point where im feeling rather unwell. also TOTM is due any day now..which isnt helping. ive not deserted though. will be back properly soon. x

morning

just a super quick update.

im 224.4 so its coming off but slowly. i think thats to do with TOTM. it started lightly 2 days ago...then stopped...then started again lightly yesterday afternoon but the the night had stopped again. so no clue whats going on with me hormonally. im sure the weird uppy-downy diet and the stress of late is messing with my body. its fine. whatever. lol. i cant worry about it.

still on plan...anyway. and just plodding along.

over the last week or so...we had our trip to edinburgh which was pretty good. it was a long day with a v v early start..and tabby got tired pretty early and crabby etc. it was also chilly (had to go to primark for hoodies) and extremely windy. Not terribly pleasant. but we made the most of it.

the day before that....so last tuesday...i took the birth certificate (which arrived on monday) and hubby's passport to the DX office. it was really hard to get to so friend M ended up taking me. (i cant remember what ive written about and what i havent and no time to really read back lol so excuse me if repeating myself). So we got that sent off. the following day was edinburgh. the day after, thursday...i had completely expected to track the delivery to embassy and see that it had been delivered. it hadnt.

it still hasnt. and friday was 4th of july so a public holiday in the USA. after much back and forth on the phone with them (MUCH)...and being told allsorts (including one lass who flat out told me that the last person i had talked to was "new and has apparently just completely made up what he told me"....!!!!) i was finally told on friday afternoon that it is, in fact, at their waterloo depot and set for delivery monday. fingers crossed. im still not convinced. but we'll see. if i have to replace this stuff because they really HAVE lost it (!!) its going to be very time consuming and incredibly expensive. and will delay things even further.

on top of that, we've had a mini-problem with tabby doing little dribbley/mini wees in her knickers. she's fully potty trained but she's been lazy or something lately and there was on day i had to get her fresh knickers no fewer than 6 times. so trying to navigate this as well. and then yesterday morning, very early our time, i got a message on fb from my friend who works for zappos.com and loves it. she sent me a link and told me to apply as theyre hiring like mad right now but they always get so many applicants that they take the link down pretty soon after posting it up. so i got straight to it. applied...which was just a covering letter and resume/cv and a couple of quirky questions (theyre a bit "different" and not like most employers. they like to have a buit more fun) so got that done. and within a few hours...i had an email back with a "mizzion" (mission). Basically 4 parts to the next phase (their hiring process takes ages apparently...which works well for me as we still havent actually got the visa yet). This phase consists of the following:

A grammar & typing test online
A further application to fill in, online
A scheduling questionnaire to fill in, online
A virtual interview, online.

I got it all done last night...except the virtual interview. its apparently its a video interview online but its not with a live person. so like..not via a skype type thing...but on a website that does these. i have no idea what the format will be. or anything. and im incredibly nervous. but. i can but try. so im going to do this today or tomorrow, at some point. i have 7 days (from yesterday) to get it all done but i need to do it while mal is here so he can take the girls out for a bit so i have quiet in the house.

also, i contacted a friend of mine who has LOADS of animal lover/activist friends about hopefully getting Lyra (our cat) placed in a new home. i dont want to have to put him down. its despicable, really. theres nothing at all wrong with him. he's 10, yes. but hes in great health. so. yeah.

so anyway. all of this.

just wanted to get an update written. sorry ive been awol but im definitely not hiding. just completely overwhelmed with other stuff!

OMG and tabbys school!! I was supposed to go to a meet & greet on the 1st of july but i rang up the day before and said we couldnt make it. we are in a strange place with this because we cant completely withdraw her until we GET the visa but i have no plans to start her on the 2nd of sept. anyway. i got a call from head teacher on friday and she pretty much told me off in a very patronizing sh!tty way. so i have now, quite obviously, been designated "a sh!tty parent" and am in her bad books. boo fkn hoo. this is partly why i dont want my kids to go to school here. they do their best to make parents feel inferior and like constant failures. i was so tempted to tell her to stick it up her arZe but i held my tongue. i really didnt need that crap though.

Ooh fk her the snooty cow!! Haha you're such a rebel, you'd be the parent smoking outside the head teachers office with a leather jacket on haha ;)

Exciting on the potential job that would yet things moving :) and also great news on the potential cat home. Fingers crossed on all counts!!

Great weight moving slowly, better than backwards! Slow and steady has been Lou's regime this year and its frustrating as hell but satisfying in the long run.

Happy Sunday xx

ive done me interview. lemme say...virtual interviews are strange things! lol. i'd never even remotely done anything like that before. it was 5 questions. 30 seconds to read a question that popped up on screen and prepare a bit...and then a set time (usually 60 seconds) to answer. i was sooo nervous beforehand and im still not sure how i came across despite having a little practice sesh before you go on to the proper one. but i did my best and frankly...thats all ive got! lol. im just rather glad its done now and not hanging over me. lol.

after a run of finally being good and on plan...i went pretty off the rails yesterday.

TOTM then started last night...good n proper. NO WONDER. I have been in pain for a second day now...and its pretty horrible and heavy. im forcing myself to get back on plan and stop using food and feeliing sorry for myself. but man, its hard. lol.

not going to even think about weighing until this is over with.

i think im better today...mentally. So im back on plan. been spot on so far...and i just HAVE to keep it up.

we had an absolutely MENTAL storm this morning. hubby left and walked to the bus stop as it was raining (otherwise he just walks to work). Bus stop is only about 2 mins walk from mine. literally..its at the top of the street...about 10 doors down. anyway....so he went up and waited a bit but then all heJJ broke loose and the downpour started. and then came the thunder ....and lightning and ....this was all within 5 mins. there was a river running down the gutters in the streets and the paths were flooded. so he ran back. and in the minute he was exposed to the rain (with a brolly!!) he was DRENCHED. got changed and dried off and tried to wait it out. i could tell he was in agony - his brother (boss) would definitely be furious that he was late. but it really couldnt be helped. so he waited around until it finally lessened up enough that he could dash to the bus stop again and it pulled up 2 seconds after he stepped out the door (we can see it from our window!) so he RAN for it..and made..thanksfully. but eesh. what a morning. him being so stressed and worried (over something that wasnt a big deal and he had no control over!!!) was just hard to deal with. i just felt awful for him.

ugh.

anyway. we have no resumed our usual weekday routine...which is good. back on plan. onward i plod.

it really is Lou. felt so awful that hubby has to deal with this crap.

and you can join the club. i loathe the man, myself. :) it takes all my strength not to give hima tongue lashing anytime i go into the shop. so i generaly tend to not go in very often unless i have to or if tabby specifically asks to go see daddy when we are out and in town. and even then...we dont stay long. ugh. he's a vile, empty pointless lump of matter. he gets no joy from anything. just generally miserable. proper scrooge. did i tell you about the coffee machine?
a few months back, since everything is closing down in our town centre and its effectively dying a very slow death, there are very few places to get a coffee (to take away) since our McDs closed (!!) and so BIL bought a tassimo machine. and set it up. and uses it. and never offered hubby any or said he was welcome to it - because he isnt. So about a month ago...he finally said "you can buy your own pods for it if you want". hubby kindly declined because he knows that god forbid anything ever goes wrong with the machine..regardless of what it is...hubby will be blamed and most likely have to replace it. plus...its a matter of principle. anyway....i bought him one for father's day...about 3 weeks ago. :) its at home...but now he can have his little treat coffee in the evening and BIL can fvk RIGHT off.

anyway. not much longer until we never have to speak to him or see him again. i feel so bad for hubby tough. what it must be like to have siblings and not have any kind of relationship with them. and to work with (for!) one of them and have him treat you as badly as he does everyone! i sent hubby a text to ask if his brother was mad...and he said "hard to tell. completely silent since i walked in. hasnt said a single word to me or at all"

who does that?

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Just checked on the embassy's online visa status thingie and it has now been ISSUED.

*jigs* *dances* *falls over* WE ARE DONE (once we actually get it. will probably be sent via DX today or tomorrow so should have it by the end of the week, i'd imagine.

o. em. geeeeeeeee.

Ugh. On his last day he should go out with a bang :) screw you! Screw your coffee machine! Screw your floors! Lol. Poor coffee on the floor displays or do a poo on it :)

He actually sounds like he might have some sort of personality disorder, what a sad life he must lead though, and your hubby has you and the girls who are all FAB so I know who is happier overall :)

Some people are just horrible.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Just checked on the embassy's online visa status thingie and it has now been ISSUED.

*jigs* *dances* *falls over* WE ARE DONE (once we actually get it. will probably be sent via DX today or tomorrow so should have it by the end of the week, i'd imagine.

o. em. geeeeeeeee.

WA hoo!!! How exciting! A new life! And your girls are young enough to not miss it here! So happy for you...can he tell him to stick his job yet ;) ;)

hahah. im convinced he is clinically depressed. and he DOES have a horrible home life. omg. his wife is a c**t and I hate HATE hate that word. but it absolutely was MADE for her. She's vile. He cheated on her years ago and I can kinda see WHY. It doesnt excuse it...but man alive. She's friggin awful. LOL.

Anyway. Yes. Hubby wins overall. BIL has money. But thats IT.

And YES. Im so excited and scared but we really need to move on now. And Im sad that my girls wont really remember it here. Zoe wont at all. And Tabby will, I presume, remember bits. And she might even miss "home" for a while when we first move. But that will pass. And I am ABSOLUTELY determined and certain that they will always be HALF English. Britain....newcastle....is as much a part of them as their american side. And thats how I always want it to be. :)

that said. so excited to get outta here and get some sun. !!! (terrified about having to learn to drive though. seriously. so terrified)

Aw I feel a bit sorry for him now i'm such a sucker!!!! But we control our own destinies to a certain extent and make our own choices...sounds like they deserve each other... ;)

Don't be scared learning to drive aren't all the road like a mile wide in the states lol in my head everything is massive there i'm such a small town simpleton ;)

So pleased about the visa. I think it's quite clear you are making the right decision now that it has all fallen into place.

So with you on the driving. I passed my test at 17 but never had access to a car after and I'd hate it. OH doesn't drive either and it seriously gets in the way of what we can do travel wise. My sister is completely dippy and inattentive and I always reassure myself with the fact that if she can do it anyone can.

Back