Beelishy's VLCD Weight Loss Adventure!!

They dont really do VLCD in the USA. Certainly not an affordable one. We have Cambridge but Im pretty sure its very expensive. I may have a look into it when I get settled.

Aww, T has lost her first tooth! My big girl!! So a visit from the Tooth fairy tonight. I have told hubby to make sure he has a couple of pound coins when he comes in. She has one more really loose one and it might go if she pesters it. lolol

Been fine on plan today other than switching out my lunchtime pancakes for a spag bol pack. I randomly just really fancied it! But more pancakes for dinner. And then thats me done. :)

Been fine today except for having a few chips with my chili pack for dinner. i just seem to be fancying savoury and quite salty right now. which is odd as TOTM is very much imminent! lol

so yeah. im going to have a bar and a coffee or a glass of iced tea now. i shouldnt have a coffee because then i cant get to sleep but i sure do like a nice mug of coffee at night. mmmm lol

Morning.

230.0 today. TOTM is due to start today and hasnt yet. Ive boiled 4 eggs. Made 1 lot of pancakes (and had 2 of the 3). Am going out with friends to the metrocentre today and was going to just eat but think i might not now. will take my spare pancake instead and if i can have some plain salad to nibble on and not look and feel like a non-participating dweeb, then i will have that. otherwise i will just whip out my pancake and munch that. kinda still really annoyed with myself. thinking of giving myself another birthday goal of 213 (would be a new lowest low). but not sure. i will think about it. thats just under 2 weeks to lose 17lbs. pretty impossible....so maybe aim for 218. not sure.

anyway. going to go get dressed and get the girls ready too.

i really need to get this rebellious, inner child under control and stop feeling like im being deprived and punished. because that isnt the case at all.

have a nice day all xx

Was super very good. :) went to chiquitos and had halloumi salad. and passed when they all had ice creams from thorntons. :D yes. you read that right. i said "no thanks" when my friend offered to BUY ME AN ICE CREAM FROM THORNTONS. lol.

im starving though. just had the 3rd pancake from my pack this morning. so all i have had is a pancake pack and my salad. i will have another pack with some more salad tonight rather than 2 more packs. and then thats me done. i really need to get some liquid on board though. off to make some iced tea :)

So.. 1x pancake, 2 boiled eggs and my halloumi salad. tonight, spag bol and salad. and i have another egg and/or sf jelly if things get desperate. lol.....its gotten really windy all of a sudden and im sitting here with the windows open and a glass of iced tea. :) lovely!

Morning

Had another funny turn last night.

229.2 this morning. TOTM seemed like it had just started to start (if that makes sense) last night but no signs of it since....other than a bit of cramping and definite bloat and moodiness. Last month it was 4 days early. This month, so far, a day behind!

Waiting for asda to bring our shop and then going to get ready to go the little food festival/market in our little town square at around 10:30 - just planning to buy a few bars of this to send to some friends of ours in greece. North Chocolates | Handmade with the finest couverture, artisan chocolate from Newcastle upon Tyne I love supporting local folks!

And...thats that. After the funny turn yesterday, hubby is starting to be concerned about me continuing to do this diet and the off and on that ive been doing. Hes worried its starting to have a negative effect on my body and Im starting to think he is right.

I got up and sliced up an apple and shared it with zoe this morning. Had a coffee and boiled a few eggs. Going to have pancake for breakfast. And take it from there. Ive ordered some prepared mixed veggies ( hate chopping. im so lazy) and stir fry mixed veg and quorn chicken pieces and a couple of quorn cottage pies (i love those) and will have a more normal dinner from now on, i think. Still trying to keep it very low carb but .."normal"...as in...not packs. Pancakes work for breakfast, beautifully. And I do enjoy them. And then lunch....a chili or spag bol pack with some salad. Snacks....eggs....apples....danio yogs.

Im going to try this today and see how it goes.

oh no, sorry you had another funny turn last night. I think your new plan of exante-food fusion ;) is a sensible one and will still lose the weight but in a safer way for you. We need to know our own bodies and act accordingly

can't believe you were in town and said no to a thorntons ice cream :D :D that is AMAZING - maybe your funny turn was your body protesting haha

sounds like you had a lovely time though, and years from now you won't remember the ice cream you'll just remember a nice day with your friend

have a lovely time today at the market, I love those markets but usually find that the cheapest thing is about £4GAZILLION!!!

doing great xxxxx

so today was a pretty normal day. sorta.

i had my eggs and mini danio before i left. then when we left and got to the festival i had a few nibbles of cheeses (free samples!) and bought a bit of applewood smoked. YUM. and then i bought the girls a brownie to share. gave tabby her half and went to give zoe her half but she was asleep. so i had half of that half (so, a quarter) and then gave the other quarter to M. then i had a churro...which was very bad....but we arent going to go through life not having any nice things...right? and old me would have eaten all 6 that came in the portion (smallest portion you could get!!) but i shared them out (very much insisted everyone else have at least 1 so i wouldnt just keep eating them). lol. and then i bought hubby a flapjack (yuck). and i bought some local chocolate from the North lady again. I bought 3 for our greek friends as a gift....(must remember to get those packed up and posted) and then got 1 bar - coffee and walnut - for us to share. had a few samples of different ones today too.

on the way home, tabby asked if we could get chips from the chippy and as she had started to go into meltdown and tantrum mode (because i hd told her after a go on the bouncy castle and a go on the tea cups ride that she could not have a ride on the swinging thing) but she righted herself with just one stern mini-talking to from me....i figured she deserved them. So we got a bag of chips and had literally a handful with some salad and a chili pack on top. then for dinner i had a sliced apple, a bit of the cheese i bought and 4 slices of a small french stick (i know...bread!). but im stuffed and i want nothing else at all. i dont feel that desperation. and the chocolate can easily wait until tomorrow to be opened. no fussed in the least.

of course this is not a normal day...but its a normal "special day out at a food festival so you make allowances to enjoy yourself, but dont stuff yourself stupidly full of all the junk" kinda normal. at least, i think so anyway. tomorrow..we are going to durham for photos so i will get up and have a danio and an egg before we go out and try to have a more really normal day. :)

food aside...we had a great day :)

aw sounds like a lovely day and definitely a sensible 'out and having a good time' eating without it turning into ALL THE FOODSSSS

I did see the brownie section on the link you posted, that kind of boinged out at me from the screen!! brownies...with nuts in.....*gargle in Homer Simpson style*

x

Sadly...been up with hubby since about 4am. He had a curry last night and now has a bad stomach. Last weekend he had a beef dinner at the pub and...bad stomach. I really think his body is rejecting all the crappy meat he has. The red meat really seems to disagree with him lately!

Ive always thought it cant be good for us to eat other animals. Surely. And certainly not as a main part of our diets. He really needs to sort himself out. He eats virtually NO veggies from day to day. Its all carby and meaty. Spag bol, burritos with mince in, fish fingers, eggs (with chips and toast if course), beans on toast, hot dogs. Its all absolute garbage. Im getting tired of urging him to make better choices.

So now we arent going for our family photos. All because of a d!mned curry. *sigh* i feel bad for him of course, but only to a point. Beyond that.. i can just hear him saying "if i dont enjoy it...whats the point if eating?" And "i just dont like them (most veg) and cant physically bring myself to eat it..Tastes like dirt. Like the ground.". Like a friggin child!!

Sorry for rantyness. Lol. I love him to bits i just wish we could have healthy meals that we would both eat. I love big hearty salads...he says theyre not filling. Then i have to watch what i put in em anyway. Bah! Lol

:( :( I'd think it was all the other junk in the curry/other processed food and the meat was the best bit...depends on the quality of meat though I suppose

I'm SO with you on the frustration of a husband that won't eat any veggies....then is ill all the time...it's like...PLEASE just try to help yourself a *little*. Nobody can eat 95% processed crap and not get sick, we're not robots! Although I was thinking just yesterday that OH hasn't been ill as much this year, colds-wise - he's been taking vitamin C tablets and drinking those 'build up' shakes for breakfast. But his stomach is as bad as ever and he just thinks he has some rare incurable condition that the doctor couldn't possibly help so refuses to go to the doctor or even try to, you know, NOT each sh*t every day...!!!! I want him to do the whole 30, but I think I've got more chance of getting him on the moon :rolleyes:

Its frustrating when we make amends to our plans for our health so that we're there to support the family but then see OH let themselves (well, sort of) get ill then we have to take up the slack house-kids etc wise while they're feeling sorry for themselves. e.g. you could stick to packs to lose weight faster but you won't because you can't risk a funny turn when you're looking after the kids so you have to be sensible about it. And I had to keep going back to the doctor to try to sort my constant headaches and after trial and error found a combination of medication and dental mouth guard which prevents 99% of headaches...I didn't just give up the first time the doctor wasn't helpful or assume that I'm special and have a rare 'condition' that means I get headaches and no-one short of the head of the World Health Organisation could help me after a televised appeal for funding ;) ;)

wishing you strength today looking after the invalid! xxx

Thanks!

The thing about meat now-a-days is that its not like its really back in paleo days where they were just natural animals roaming around. The stuff most people eats these days is pumped full of hormones and antibiotics and allsorts. Aside from that, red meats, in particular are so bad - cholesterol-wise. And the QUANTITIES that are eaten in one sitting is usually way more than is necessary or healthy. I just think its far healthier to have a few days a week of eating chicken or fish - if you really have to have meat - and try to get the "cleanest" you can. I would be very happy to have no meat ever again. Of course I love the odd whopper from BK and that kinda thing. But its so rubbish. lol. Im going to try to slowly drive us, as a family, towards less processed crap. And healthier, better cuts of meat for hubby...and generally smaller portions. Once Im at work, there will be no cooking 3 or 4 different meals per day to satisfy everyone. I will be making 1 meal. And whoever eats it, does. If not...oh well! lol

so...today is a day of laundry now. and ive also thought...we were planning to sort out a collection on the 8th of sept (a week from tomorrow) of all of our boxes that need to be shipped and have the collection on the 12th (the friday after). I figured we would just finish up the packing between 8th and 12th and fill in all the customs forms etc. Except, its just dawned on me (derp!) that in order to book the collection and shipping, we actually have to have the exact weights of the boxes and number of boxes to be shipped. lol. which means we have to actually finish packing everything that is going to be kept and shipped BY THE TIME WE BOOK on Monday the 8th. Which, of course, means that we will be spending this week sorting, finalizing and packing boxes. So we will be left with very little stuff by the end of the week! lol Yikes! 22 days!!

I kinda want to get started on some of it today but it will depend on how hubby is feeling later.

Back