Been cooking up a storm. Some ideas!

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Blonde Logic, 25 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Well I have just spent the whole morning in the kitchen cooking.

One of my lifestyle changes I made after LL was no more processed food. Everything from scratch. Salads, bread, stirfrys, dips, sauces, etc. That way I know exactly what goes in it.

Its time consuming...I tend to spend a good part of one day on the weekend cooking for the week ahead. But its so nice when its done, and then I have a fridge full of lovely healthy choices for the week.

Today I made:

Broccoli Salad with a Peanut Satay dressing- full of red pepper, raisins, peanuts, onion, carrot and sesame seeds - dressing is a very small bit of peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame and olive oil

Lemon Thyme and mixed herb Huommus - made with chick peas, garlic, lemon thyme, basil, and rosemary and balsamic vinegar

Tofu and Courgette Stir Fry - with lots of onions, celery, red pepper, yellow pepper, garlic, bean sprouts and soy sauce and a little sesame oil for flavour

Huge mix of green salad.

Still to go, Salsa and a Quorn Curry.

I love when I am done, and I get such satisfaction from seeing a fridge full of good stuff.

Hope you all are haivng a good day!

Going to the outlaws for a BBQ! So nice to be able to partake now, and looking forward to some meat. SInce I have been working nights, I haven't been able to conveniently have any meat or fish. Yum yum!

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. EmVeg

EmVeg Do a little dance!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(40.31%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    BL Yummmy.

I really think you need to write a dummys guide for me for any sauces you make. I don't want to buy shop bought anymore but have no idea where to start!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.