• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Been reading all week but just got registered!

Reject Doll

S: 14st0lb C: 10st12lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 3st2lb(22.45%)
Just wanted to say 'hi' and thank you already for helping me through my first week. :sign0144: (Day 10 today) I have been reading many of your posts to keep me motivated! I didn't have too good a time during first week with water retention and even put ON 8lbs but I persevered with drinking even more water and it seems to have got sorted!

I decided to use the Cambridge diet when I looked in the mirror and didn't recognise who I was looking at. This was after a stressful couple of months of revising for Master's degree exams, working on assignments plus my eldest son having a breakdown during his 2nd year degree exams and my 12 year old daughter being assaulted by a gang of unknown girls. I am separated from my kids father and he was no real support during this time. Something had to give and it was my weight. I piled on 2 stone.:cry:

But I have turned a corner. I got great results in my modules even with everything that happened (2 As and a B!) and now my current 'assignment' is to lose weight. I am asthmatic, I have mild arthritis, my left hip is wearing away but I am a dancer and if I lose weight this should ease everything. My motivation, apart from to be fitter and healthier is to buy a LBD.
:talk017:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lady_Amalthea

Looking for Slimville!
S: 14st4lb C: 9st12lb G: 9st12lb BMI: 24.4 Loss: 4st6lb(31%)
Hello & Welcome...

What a horrid time you seem to have come through - but the fact is, you have come through it! You are an inspiration. Well done on your module results too!

I was on Cambridge a few years ago and lost just over 2 stone in 2 months so it does work! Sadly, I didn't do so well in maintaining and let silly outside factors push me towards comfort eating again.

Well done on your loss so far!
Erin

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Jeez yes, what an awful story, but you seem to have a grip on things, good luck! and welcome.

Thank you Lady A, Jim and Irene!

I bet there are lots of people with similar stories though. It's just that I am doing something about it now.
So many people on here are inspiring me into believing in myself that I CAN do this and you know what? I am going to. The first week was tough but now the weight is starting to move it's keeping me motivated! That LBD is going to be MINE!

Jim

Big Boy
LOL, good attitude there!!

Only way to be!

Jim

Big Boy
I agree love, I'm an all or nothing sort of person. :)

S: 14st8lb C: 14st2lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 35.1 Loss: 0st6lb(2.94%)
Welcome aboard. This seems to be a great place to get stuck in. I've really been inspired to keep trying to lose the weight since I stumbled upon this site. Good luck!