Been thinking..Are we craving more sweet food...

SuzyK Pleased you have plenty of time before your party to loose weight - you'll feel like a princess. Fingers crossed for you, but I know you don't need that, as I agree about Go Lower..it's fab!

Cold buffet food is sometimes the easiest option and you know that everyone likes what you are serving. Sometimes you can cater, and no-one eats as its all far too pretentious - what works is what is worth going for in the long run.

Keep up the good weigh loss.
xx

Hi Happy

I still need to look into caterers as it will take the pressure of me trying to organise at the last minute, my usual way of going about things.

Even if I do have it catered I am still looking at a cold finger buffet.

Saying that I have had a few offers recently of any help with food etc so I may go that route. It all depends how much the caters cost.

No need to worry about the washing up as I will have everything disposable. Straight into the bin bags as I don't plan to be the one clearing up. I think that job will fall to my parents, I hope!
I know it is not the "green" thing to do but sometimes things can't be helped.

Anyway the lack of food packing I am having now surley has to count towards something later in the year.

I do need to look at caterers. I could be doing that now I suppose but this is more fun!

I wouldn't worry about being 'green' and 'pc'...I mean I do recycle and all that, but sometimes there is soooo much else to think about that being 'green' isn't always the practical thing to do...

I agree, this is by far, more fun than looking for caterers even if it is for your own birthday. I love this forum, what a way to vent, release and get away from the day to day troubles and worries of the day.

xx

Yes Happy this is a great escape..... I am supposed to be going to bed but I just thought I would have a quick look at the forum and before I know it I have been on here for ages.

I know what you mean SuzyK, I sometimes have a quick look during the day, and before I know it, read loads and not done anywork that I was supposed to be doing! Love it here.

Had my weigh in yesterday, another 3lbs gone, so in 7 weeks lost 1st 10lbs...nearly my 2nd stone in 2months - How amazing is Go Lower!?! And yes, I can hear you ask, of course I lost more than my friend, I feel so smug. She is now seriously thinking of joining us - not sure what she is waiting for as she can see the results for herself and can see how easy it is....still each to there own!

xx

Well done Happy. So when is your friend going to start Go Lower? At this rate you will be maintaining while she has to diet.

Tracey
On Go Lower they say you will lose a stone a month so Happy is on target. I think it is all to do with keotosis.

Well Suzy, my friend said she was going to carry on for 1 more week doing what she is doing, and if she doesn't see any positive results by then, she's joining me....only 2months since I'd have been doing it. Still better late than never....Think she's mad. No idea why she just won't start now - I guess she hates the thought of defeat and me winning...!

xx

hi, i think that things do seem alot sweeter especially strawberries!! But also i think we have got a little bit lazy lost the art of cooking healthy homemade foods as ours busy lives have taken over and shop bought meals are full of sweetners etc so have we forgotton what homemade food tastes like?

Hi Isabel

and welcome to this great site.

I agree that I think we have forgotten what homemade food tastes like. My mum was very much a buy a packet and heat it up type of cook and I don't cook at all.

By the way what diet are you doing? and how is it going.

Hi Happy

Well come on then how much did you lose? Tell you friend to check out the Go Lower thread on here and she will see how good it is.

Hey Suzy - not been weighed yet. Still 'weighting' for OH to come from work...I'll go later this evening, so sorry you'll find out the hopefully good news tomorrow! That's a good point, not mentioned to my friend that I'm on here, didn't want her to feel her friendship wasn't enough to support the two of us - you know how some people are..

Welcome Isabel B, just e-mailed you in another thread, so I know you are doing Go Lower. How's it going for you? I personally love it!

xx

Hi Happy

How did weigh in go? Like I need to ask with you being on Go Lower!

You may be right that you don't want your friend to know about you being on this site.

For me because I don't know anybody personally I can be totally honest on here, whereas if I knew the people on here did actually know me I think I would hold a lot back.

Suzy - just posted on another thread, but as I'm so happy, will post the good news again....

8 weeks = 2stone GONE!!! Another 4lbs lost this week - Yeah for Me and Go Lower.

I don't think my friend would come on a web site like this anyway. It's not her 'thing'. But like you say, I feel I know people on here, but not really, so I can be totally honest and truthful and not hold back. If I knew you, would I type everything...I doubt it..

Isabel B, I agree. Most people don't cook any more and so we buy ready made meals full of preservative and sweetners etc. Things are made tastier to eat, which I guess relates to it all being sweeter. Who doesn't have a sweet tooth?!

xx

Im not to sure a star chart would work in our house, i cant even get my kids to stick to one! but they do eat well they just love fruit.Its me who wants sweets all the time! i think its all in my head i dont need it i just want to taste someting sweet.

Happy,

I have just seen another of your threads but I will also say again well done. You are doing so well on Go Lower.

Isabel,

I so look forward to my chocolate treats with Go Lower as I have still not entirely got rid of my sweet tooth. I do now have them as a treat whereas in the past I would just eat chocolate and crisps every day as if I needed it to be part of my daily diet.

Happy,

I have just seen another of your threads but I will also say again well done. You are doing so well on Go Lower.

Isabel,

I so look forward to my chocolate treats with Go Lower as I have still not entirely got rid of my sweet tooth. I do now have them as a treat whereas in the past I would just eat chocolate and crisps every day as if I needed it to be part of my daily diet.

HI Suzy k, well thats a good thong to retrain yourself to just eating the chocolates etc as the odd treat and not as part of your daily diet. Do you think Go Lower helped you?:)

Back