Been to see my GP

Ah see I cut all the fat off anyway so wouldn't bother me lol

You went constipated? That surprises me!

Generally people do to start off with due to the sudden change of diet. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah I must be lucky then, 3 days in and I'm still pretty much the same as I was before. It's not really been a massive change for me though, it's just meant cutting out the occasional (usually occasional, sometimes too frequent!) treat of things like chocolate. I was having a bag of low calorie crisps most days too, they've had to go. In terms of meals though it's much the same, I've just had to take out things like salmon and make a few adaptations.

Ah I must be lucky then, 3 days in and I'm still pretty much the same as I was before. It's not really been a massive change for me though, it's just meant cutting out the occasional (usually occasional, sometimes too frequent!) treat of things like chocolate. I was having a bag of low calorie crisps most days too, they've had to go. In terms of meals though it's much the same, I've just had to take out things like salmon and make a few adaptations.

That's great x

How quickly do they start working do you think? I started them on Thursday evening, took one tablet and then after lunch and dinner yesterday but that's it so far. Out for food now and there's not a lot of choice for low fat, how strict do you think I need to be?

They'll definitely be in your system, but it's up to you how far you want to push the fat limit - it might be fine, but just be prepared for if it's not! They do seem to have variable effects on people, I can more or less eat anything with no effect whatsoever, but I've been taking them for years, lol. As I said before, just test out your own limits in a sensible way. :) xx

My OH discovered a good option on the menu, piri piri chicken sizzler. It was like fajita filling kind of - chicken pieces with onions, peppers, mushrooms and courgette served with rice and salad. Had that and have been fine.

My OH discovered a good option on the menu, piri piri chicken sizzler. It was like fajita filling kind of - chicken pieces with onions, peppers, mushrooms and courgette served with rice and salad. Had that and have been fine.

Sounds lovely x

Glad you found something good, hon. It really is trial and error. Just be aware, though, that you don't usually get the effects straight away, more likely in the next day or so. :) xx

Just don't test it... just live by the rules and the weight will drop. :)
Personally this is the only "diet" that's ever worked for me so im too scared to try and cheat them just in case I don't get the horrid effects. I'm scared that if I don't get the effects tjen I'll carry on eating the wrong things! It's the fear that kept me on the straight and narrow which helped me lose 4 stone which ive never even thought possible before!
I found the first couple of weeks hardest and I didntt eat a single thing with more than 5% fat in and the weight fell off! But after that...it didnt feel like I was being strict as o found so much I could eat!
Good luck! :)

Exactly, don't want to risk it!

I'm spending 3 days at my sisters next week and though I plan to eat sensibly still I don't want to stress about fat as I won't have so much choice about food and just don't want to risk it. How many days tablet free do you ladies think I need to be safe?

Just don't test it... just live by the rules and the weight will drop. :) Personally this is the only "diet" that's ever worked for me so im too scared to try and cheat them just in case I don't get the horrid effects. I'm scared that if I don't get the effects tjen I'll carry on eating the wrong things! It's the fear that kept me on the straight and narrow which helped me lose 4 stone which ive never even thought possible before! I found the first couple of weeks hardest and I didntt eat a single thing with more than 5% fat in and the weight fell off! But after that...it didnt feel like I was being strict as o found so much I could eat! Good luck! :) Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That was exactly me, it wasn't just the fear they would work I was also scared they wouldn't!!!

Yeah I can understand that, it's probably best not to push it because like you said, if it works it'll be awful but then if they don't I'll think I can do it all the time and won't have as good results.

I was thinking if I take the tablets up until Tuesday or Wednesday I should be clear for Friday evening, do you think that'll be ok?

If you really want best results, then carry on taking the tablets and eat by the rules by looking for alternative options, but if you really feel that you can't, they reckon 3 days either side.
When I came off, I always found it so hard to get back on as I "made the most of it"! So hopefully you've got more willpower than me!
Good luck! Xxx

I'll be at my sister's for 3 days, there'll be 12 of us staying there and so I'm really going to have no say over what I eat. Yes I can choose not to have dessert and things like that but I can't choose whether she buys things like extra lean mince (which would be expensive for 12) or other low fat options so though I have some say over the extras I eat I don't have a say over meals. I guess the difference with me is that I was already 'dieting' before Orlistat so these are an added benefit, I haven't been given them and then made massive changes (still obviously made some) and so I think I should be fine as I'll be calorie counting using My Fitness Pal still anyway.

Ah that does sound like a tricky one! Good luck. Sounds like you'll be fine! X

Thanks for this post it's helped me a lot :)
If any of you ladies are on myfitnesspal would you add me? I would really like to see what some others on Orlistat are eating as I am finding it difficult and really worried all the time :$ plus I keep being told by people that I am not eating enough calories but I have been having 3 meals and fruit.
Anyway nice to read your posts :D

MFP username - mrsgenery

Jengen said:
Thanks for this post it's helped me a lot :)
If any of you ladies are on myfitnesspal would you add me? I would really like to see what some others on Orlistat are eating as I am finding it difficult and really worried all the time :$ plus I keep being told by people that I am not eating enough calories but I have been having 3 meals and fruit.
Anyway nice to read your posts :D

MFP username - mrsgenery

How many calories are you eating, hon? It really is vital not to have too few. I'd say around the 1,800 a day mark for starters. :) xx

Back