Been told im going to die!

fat_poppy

So I'm a size 24, I'm over weight and been trying to lose weight and live a healthy life style for the last month and have lost a stone. I went to the doctors today (new doctor as recently moved to the area) to tell her me and my bf are trying to conceive and she told me that it was not sensible and I wouldn't be around to see my children grow up. After asking me to list the things i could die of and then to step on her scales and not brake them I was devastated and came home and cried! She has told me I need a gastric band and has put me forward for one.

I have phoned tonight a local slimming world consultant who chatted and reassured me that attending a class is not as scary as I think it's going to be. And that I will be ok and she will help me every step of the way. I am going tomorrow at 11:30 and I'm really nervous, I have a lot to lose and I know no one as I'm new to the area. Feeling upset tonight but hoping this is a journey I will enjoy, hope to make some new friends here xxxx

Good luck on your journey x. I'm starting tomorrow too. X.
Sounds quite traumatic at the docs.. I know I've got high blood pressure, and it's weight related x. Sometimes you've just got to accept, I don't want to take tablets so I must crack this weight loss x

Good luck again xxx

your dr sounds horrible, i would change to a different on as is your right to do so and tell them why, she may have some truth in what she was trying to say but there are more encouraging ways to say things. gastric bands may help you lose weight but they dont teach you to eat healthily, go to slimming world and do it sensiblly and you will lose the weight believe me if you want to as you obviously do, having lost a stone already !! well done !!!!! x

I think you need a new doctor! What horrible things to say. I am sure you realise that it would be healthier for you to lose weight, there is no need for her to be nasty about it.

And you have already lost a stone! Which goes to show you do not need a gastric band!

I was size 24 when I was pregnant and gave birth to both my boys. I had happy and healthy pregnancies, although I know it is not the case for everyone. being overweight can cause more complications in pregnancy, but you already know that!

You can prove her wrong hun. Join your slimming class and lose the weight and show her that you can do it! xx

Poppy first of all massive hugs to you what a lovely person your doctor is....Not! How dare she basically tell you something like that and also to put it so mean,she could have said something easier and not as harshly as that,

well done you for losing a stone though that's fantastic,on here you can get support and find friends who will help you and guide you in the slightest of slip ups which we all have no one is perfect,we're all in this together so if ever you need a chat or just some guidance about anything we're here

good luck xx

poppy good luck tonight love
2 fingers up to your dr thats a horrid thing for them to say to you

Sounds like your doctor wasn't very nice :( I'd try and see someone different next time if I were you!

Good luck with your weight loss journey and congrats on what you've lost so far.

Agree with the others - sack that doctor!

You're on the right path love, keep that thought close and you'll get there :)

Your Dr sounds awful, she may have felt that by having a go at you she'd get you to lose weight but from personal experience it would send me running in the opposite direction and probably comfort eating out of the biscuit tin! When will they learn they can't bully someone into losing weight, we need to be in the right frame of mind to do it ourselves. My advice is set yourself a manageable target, like I'm going to get down to a size 18 by September and start trying for a baby then.
You can do it!!!! I was a 24 when I started my diet and I'm now an 18 and very nearly into a 16. Good luck xxxx

Your Dr sounds awful, she may have felt that by having a go at you she'd get you to lose weight but from personal experience it would send me running in the opposite direction and probably comfort eating out of the biscuit tin! When will they learn they can't bully someone into losing weight, we need to be in the right frame of mind to do it ourselves. My advice is set yourself a manageable target, like I'm going to get down to a size 18 by September and start trying for a baby then.
You can do it!!!! I was a 24 when I started my diet and I'm now an 18 and very nearly into a 16. Good luck xxxx

Wow that's fab Alison! How long did it take you? Xxx

Hi Poppy, your on the right track now. We have all struggled with weight but the good thing is that it will come off hun so dont worry about it :)

Im on this diet called Lipotrim, its a meal replacement diet and was designed by doctors and is currently run through participating pharmacies. It helps you loose a lot of weight really fast (my friend list a stone in a week!) and i lost 6 pounds. Its not easy, and youll be under assessment every week.
It was originally designed for people going on the gastric band before their surgery to make it safe to be operated on. Its not easy but its worked for many people including myself. If you are interested, speak to your doctor about it and i hope everything works out well for you hun :)

Back