Before and after menus

to 23 stone? Oh good God no. But it does only take 2 days to break a new routine, whereas it takes over 2 months to fully immerse yourself in one.

And I could eat, if pushed. I could get that large KFC meal down me no problems and manage a sausage roll later. I just... don't now.

it was the same with me and smoking, I smoked til after uni, 2001 - then i decided to quit one day, after a bout of tonsilitis over christmas and new year. Ijust stopped smoking and didn't do it again.

Food admittedly has been much much harder to kick than smoking.

I didn't mean to the weight, I meant the food - like you say, I bet I could eat the chinese food I used to do but I know my belly would hurt a lot and I'd suffer for it. I've never lost the greedy tendencies though, they are still there, I just talk to them from time to time!!

I have to give mine stern talkings to sometimes. I do miss KFC.

Food admittedly has been much much harder to kick than smoking.

Trouble is, you don't need to smoke to live, but we will always need food. Food is like an addiction, just like smoking - but you need to have some of your addiction daily to survive.

Well done for giving up btw! :D

I can slip back into my old way of eating a little too easily, but I feel vile when I do it. A mix of eating foods that are too rich & enormous guilt! Joy ;)

me and OH were talking about KFC the other night cos an ad was on the tele box. We worked out it's been about 18 months since we last had it. I love it. Bah.

heh, we say tellybox and we had a discussion about KFC the other night watching an advert too! How strange is that?!

We last had KFC in May in Edinburgh on a weekend away.

My OH says he's taking me for a slap up meal whatever I want as a treat when I get my Club 10. I asked him to take me to the James Monro New York themed superposh gaff in town. I might just ask him for KFC instead, it'll save him about £50 so I'm sure he'll be happy ha ha ha!

I am also *WOW* in a bad way Vix!!! lol! Kit-kats in peanut butter...!

I have always loved cooking and think I've had a good food 'education' as I've grown up, what with an Italian dad and a home-ec teacher mum! I was always taught how to make good food…but I was also always taught to clear my plate, not to waste food, always to have ‘afters’ even if it’s yoghurt or a piece of fruit, have bread with every meal, to love wine and cheese, that eating out was commonplace, not ‘special occasion’…etc! I was always bigger, but not that big IYSWIM?

It’s when I left home that things went apple-shaped. I had all this freedom. I could go out drinking, stay in drinking, and EAT WHATEVER I WANTED, WHENEVER I WANTED!
I would cook for myself quite a lot. That wasn’t too bad. Thing is, I would get take-away a lot too. It was like that through university, when I lived in London, and then in Cardiff afterwards! I moved back home to The North, hitting 15 stone and then WW commenced!

My typical ‘before’ menu was usually something like:

Breakfast: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk
Snack: Fruit (healthy, see!)
Lunch: Sandwich or wrap, with a packet of crisps and a chocolate bar
Snack: Muffin or some other baked goods.
Dinner: Risotto or pasta (healthy, but a huge portion) washed down with wine. Fruit or yoghurt after. Unless I got a take-away – then I’d have a pizza meal-deal thing which was usually a medium pizza, cheesy garlic bread, chicken wings and a dessert…with a diet coke.
Evening munchies: ‘Posh’ crisps of some variety, usually with houmous.

I would also go out, drink cider, eat chips a lot (when I worked in a pub behind the bar and also in the kitchen). Have curry once a week, or Chinese. Eat a chocolate bar a day, often two, and bread whenever I wanted it.

I don’t think it’s that I was ignorant of how to eat healthily/well, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to eat and drink whatever I wanted, and I was young, free and single, and determined to do what I wanted!

I don’t think I could ever go back there. Not full on. I can eat the odd ‘naughty’ meal, and indulge myself on hols for a week or so but not consistently for a full week! I could put away a massive Indian meal with all the works right now!

cathartic yes but all i really want now is to eat some KFC ha ha ha!

i am going to make SW burgers tonight - with BEEF!! They have an ex lean beef offer in Los Tescos so I'm taking them up on it. And I haven't had my cheese so, bacon double cheeseburger it is, with some SW chips, which I will syn cos I am a good girl.

My "before" breakfast didn't exist!

My "before" lunch would be a sandwich or bagette from Greggs, with a bottle of Diet Coke!

My "before" dinner would usually be a pizza and a baked potato with cheese, coleslaw and salad with more Diet Coke!

I didn't really think it was too bad ........... at the time ........... no wonder I had absolutely no energy, or "get up and go"! Loads of empty calories, with hardly a smidgen of "healthy foods"! - (except for the wee bits of "salad" maybe!)

Now, I drink loads of water EVERY day, and in a typical day I'd have something like .........

Breakfast - 1/2 grapefruit, huge bowl of fresh fruit salad with a mullerlight yoghurt and black de-caff coffee

Lunch - Pk of Pasta'n'Sauce with loads of mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, peas, sweetcorn (or whatever veggies I've got in)

Dinner - SW Chips, chicken with stir fry veggies (loads of them) with some curry sauce (from the saucy secrets book), then I usually end the meal with another mullerlight yoghurt and another big bowl of fresh fruit salad

Supper - I'll use my Hex for bread and laughing cow extra light

Snacks - I'll pick all day long on veggie sticks with low fat cottage cheese and passatta as dips, and loads of fruit

I eat so much more than I used to now AND it's healthy! It doesn't really take long to prepare either - why did I get into all those bad habits before? - I just know I won't be going back there now!

Hey, my 23 stone cost a lot of money i'll have you know! :p

I am sure quite a few of us would be shocked if we every wrote down everything we ate in our "heavy days", I don't even want to think about it! :) Well done honey, you really are an inspiration, (without going all "I love you man" on you) LOL

I love your blog, it's really helped me!!

Aw Steph, I love you too, man ;)

Oh PS: Someone found my blog the other day by searching for 'Steph Cracknell'

Oh blimey, I really want KFC now too! Instead I'll be making roast chicken and oodles of veggies (but will be hankering after KFC...)

Gotta love SW for the burgers in buns with cheese and bacon with chips. Diet???

It's my SW comfort zone food of choice. That, and a nice big fat plate of bog.

EDIT: Or a morrisons sausage sandwich with fried egg on NIMBLE WHITE BREAD *cry*

SW cheeseburgers with bacon on a HE bun with SW chips... One of the best SW meals! That and spaghetti carbonara...or spag bol. Fwoargh food!

food is THE DEBIL!!!!!

waterboy3.jpg

Kathy Bates, yeah but from The Waterboy, she goes round saying everything is 'the DEBIL'

Back