Before and afters!

Thank you very much! And yes skin is an issue, im only 24 so thought it wouldn't be too bad with me being young but my tummy is the worst, I'm actually having a full body lift around march next year so cannot wait for that, wishing you all the luck on your weightloss journey!! X

thank you for your reply!!! You ll be even more stunning after that op!! I guess I ll see when I get to goal on how skin behaves!!!
right, going to cook a nice spag bol!!!
have a good evening!
xx

Wow well done girl!! :D x

Wow!!!!!! You look amazing. What a fabulous achievement.

CJxxx

Wowee!!! You look amazing!! Well done hun! :)

OMG - Absolutely Amazing.

Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?

- Arms - My arms are extremely big, I wonder what they will be like when I lose weight - did you find you had excess skin on your arms?
- How often did you weigh in? Did you have any weeks you stayed the same or put on? How did you overcome that?

Do you have any sort of blog/diary? I'd be interested to hear the psychological side of things, your thoughts/feelings.

You should be so so proud of yourself! You done it!!

:)

OMG - Absolutely Amazing.

Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?

- Arms - My arms are extremely big, I wonder what they will be like when I lose weight - did you find you had excess skin on your arms?
- How often did you weigh in? Did you have any weeks you stayed the same or put on? How did you overcome that?

Do you have any sort of blog/diary? I'd be interested to hear the psychological side of things, your thoughts/feelings.

You should be so so proud of yourself! You done it!!

:)

Thank you to everyone for the amazing comments, they are so lovely to hear!! Little miss questions are fine! I love to answer questions and help people anyway I can. Loose skin is an issue although mainly on my stomach area, I do wear long sleeves all the time and wouldn't go out with my arms on show but at the same time I think I have a battle with my head as all my family and friends that have seen my arms tell me that I am crazy. I think it's more of a mental thing with the arms. I weigh in once a week on a Wednesday from day one and it took me 17 months to lose the 11 and a half stone I had to lose. I didn't have a gain until I got to target weight and I stayed the same twice through my losing journey. When I got to target and had my first gain my group gave me a round of applause cos they didn't think I was human cos I had never gained! I found my first gain even at target very difficult to get my head around, still listen to my consultant now saying 'no pain in a gain!!' I had a bit of a battle with my head the lower I got, my original target was to lose 10 stone so when I got to 11 stone 5 I called target but I still felt huge, I still saw a big girl every shop window I looked in and was hiding under baggy clothes so lowered my target to 11 stone, I got there within 2 weeks and still felt unhappy with target so lowered to 10 7, I got there again and wanted to go lower as was mentally still the big girl before slimming world! So lowered to 10 stone, got to 10 stone and still felt like in my head I was still the old me, the next week I went to 9 stone 12, the next week I had my first gain, taking me back to 10 stone, realising my body was comfortable at 10 stone and beating the demons in my head I have happily maintained for over a year and it feels amazing, for once in my life I see someone normal now when I look in shop windows. Hope these answer your questions and hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas!! Xxx

Last edited:
Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. On your pictures your arms look very skinny, and obviously in the before pics your arms are big (hope you dont mind me saying that! lol) I know sometimes even though your body is slimmer after a big loss, there is excess skin lurking. My issue is my arms, I know most people want to have a slim stomach/legs ect, but my big thing is my arms, I think its important to be able to wear t.shirts. I cant even wear a t.shirt in my own house, with my partner of 10 years. So yeah, your arms look very slim, was just wondering if there is excess skin there. I know what you mean about your head taking ages to catch up. I lost 5 stone and I still felt the same when I lost it, people would comment constantly but for some reason I thought they were just being nice or whatever. My wake up call was looking in the mirror and also at photos (my before & afters) thats when I thought - OMG - I really have done this. I mind dreaming that i'd wake up big again.

When I was losing my weight I had a lot of weeks that I stayed the same, infact every 2/3 weeks, I think I kinda got used to it. But on those weeks i'd get a bigger loss the next week so it evened itself out.

One last question - Did you stay on track the whole time, or did you have off days?

xxxxxxxxx

Hey!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. On your pictures your arms look very skinny, and obviously in the before pics your arms are big (hope you dont mind me saying that! lol) I know sometimes even though your body is slimmer after a big loss, there is excess skin lurking. My issue is my arms, I know most people want to have a slim stomach/legs ect, but my big thing is my arms, I think its important to be able to wear t.shirts. I cant even wear a t.shirt in my own house, with my partner of 10 years. So yeah, your arms look very slim, was just wondering if there is excess skin there. I know what you mean about your head taking ages to catch up. I lost 5 stone and I still felt the same when I lost it, people would comment constantly but for some reason I thought they were just being nice or whatever. My wake up call was looking in the mirror and also at photos (my before & afters) thats when I thought - OMG - I really have done this. I mind dreaming that i'd wake up big again.

When I was losing my weight I had a lot of weeks that I stayed the same, infact every 2/3 weeks, I think I kinda got used to it. But on those weeks i'd get a bigger loss the next week so it evened itself out.

One last question - Did you stay on track the whole time, or did you have off days?

xxxxxxxxx

There is some loose skin there and I'm probably more paranoid about it then I should be, in a year my arms have tightened up abit tho, my old arm was like my thigh so no! I don't mind you saying it!! Lol. During my weightloss I was really strict and stuck to plan the whole time and then when I got to target I have the odd off day but can happily do that now, I think my mindset when I was losing was just to get to where I want to be and then I can let loose a little bit, I just wanted to be slim so much that any amount of pizza and cheese weren't worth it.(they were my faves!!) xx

Gonna use you as my inspiration to losing the rest if my weight, I started at 20st 5lbs and when I joined slimming world I was 19 st 10.5 lbs. got my 4 st award couple of weeks before Xmas and managed to keep it :) so lost 4st 9lbs all together. And you are the same age as me and have done it so I can too!

did you do any excersise throughout? I started excersise in about late October. Started with long walks then started a kettle bells class and now do 2 Zumba sessions a week also. Hoping it will help tone my skin up! But even now, I can see the loose skin forming! Think my arms are gonna be bad and my tummy. My boyfriend lost 5st a few years ago and he said I will have to accept it cos the tummy issue will probably always be there! Damn it lol I know he's right. Xx

Gonna use you as my inspiration to losing the rest if my weight, I started at 20st 5lbs and when I joined slimming world I was 19 st 10.5 lbs. got my 4 st award couple of weeks before Xmas and managed to keep it :) so lost 4st 9lbs all together. And you are the same age as me and have done it so I can too!

did you do any excersise throughout? I started excersise in about late October. Started with long walks then started a kettle bells class and now do 2 Zumba sessions a week also. Hoping it will help tone my skin up! But even now, I can see the loose skin forming! Think my arms are gonna be bad and my tummy. My boyfriend lost 5st a few years ago and he said I will have to accept it cos the tummy issue will probably always be there! Damn it lol I know he's right. Xx

well done on your loss too!! thats fab! im so inspired every time i see this thread :)

im really worried about loose skin, but im at the start of my journey and at the moment my skin is full to the brim with fat lol! but i know that when i have shifted the weight, i will have a lot of loose skin! I hope the exercise helps for you hun, thats going to be my plan too when i get to that point :)

good luck & happy new year

well done on your loss too!! thats fab! im so inspired every time i see this thread :)

im really worried about loose skin, but im at the start of my journey and at the moment my skin is full to the brim with fat lol! but i know that when i have shifted the weight, i will have a lot of loose skin! I hope the exercise helps for you hun, thats going to be my plan too when i get to that point :)

good luck & happy new year

Thanks :) I wanna be 11st so only half way lol my skins still full of fat too lol good luck to u also x

Thanks girls and well done rochelle on your loss so far, just shows that the plan mixed with determination works! I didn't do any exercise gym wise, I have 2 young girls, now 3 and 4 and they were my body magic lol! Pushing that double buggy around and walking was my work out! But other then that I did no other exercise, just a complete change in my eating habits, habits that are now changed for life! X

Thanks girls and well done rochelle on your loss so far, just shows that the plan mixed with determination works! I didn't do any exercise gym wise, I have 2 young girls, now 3 and 4 and they were my body magic lol! Pushing that double buggy around and walking was my work out! But other then that I did no other exercise, just a complete change in my eating habits, habits that are now changed for life! X

im loving excersise, haven't done any since the Thursday before Christmas though so it's gonna hurt when I start again this Thursday lol. Kids sure do take a lot of running about after! I don't have any yet :) saw someone mention you in a magazine, are u in the latest mag then? X

Back