Before i'm 30......

becciharland

15/8/2011
Hi

Well it has got to a stage where i feel its time to start again on the diet... back on the good old faithful Slimming World.....Why did i stop before!
I think the last time i was doing slimming world was about a year ago and i got into the 18 stones bracket and felt great...then it was my birthday and along came the birthday meals etc i don't think i ever stopped eating the birthday meals and treats lol. I got on the scales the other day and couldn't believe my eyes..... i was nearly 21 stone :cry::cry:
I thought then, right hat am i going to do about this is cant carry on. I am a type 2 diabetic with a fatty liver and PCOS (polycystic ovaries syndrome) in a minute if i carry on ill be taken ill with a heart attack or even worse.

I used to enjoy going to Aqua aerobics and my friend wanted to join the gym i used to go to and asked if i would join again so she could go to classes with someone. So i went and rejoined the gym. The 1st class i went to was Legs, bums and tums OMG i was so out of shape Annaleah the instructor nearly killed me, well thats how it felt. She had us using "gliding discs" which are a killer..... after that class i had a hour to change into my swimming gear and go to her next class of aqua aerobics which i had no problems in as i love it. She has changed the class to Aqua zumba which i thought was better then the old classes, much more cardio :)

I found out what other classes Annaleah done and wrote a plan together of all the classes i would like to do......

Tuesdays - Legs, Bums and Tums and Aqua Zumba
Thursdays - Pilates and Zumba

Right 4 classes, thats manageable and should improve my level of fitness.

I didn't start doing the slimming world diet 15th of August by then i had been doing classes for 3 weeks, my friend who asked me to join with her only came to the 1st class of legs bums and tums and hasn't been back, i on the other hand haven't missed a class and have really been enjoying myself! lol......

16 - 19/8/2011

Right well the 1st week of Slimming world.... I haven't joined a class yet as i need to pick one. As i am a sales rep i find it hard to know where i am going to be so making sure i get to class etc, also my fitness classes normally start at 6.

I have been going from memory and i have stuck to it 100% which i was pleased about.....
Also i have done 7 exercise classes this week.....
Tuesday - LBT and Auqa Zumba
Wednesday - Zumba and Zogalites
Thursday - Pilates and Zumba
Friday - Aerobics

Come friday i was knackered and kept thinking to myself that i was going to have 3 days off from exercise as i climbed the stepper...... and the pain from the stepper, i was glad to get of the bloody thing and never see it again lol

Good news i found a class on a Saturday, this was 99% of the time im home and if im not i can go to a one off class in the week somewhere.

20/8/2011

Weigh in day :wave_cry:

A new class..... Thankfully the class started at 9.30 so i didn't have breakfast, i weighted in at home 1st as i wanted to see the different between the scales and i weighted in at home at 20.3lb so i had already lost a fair amount so i was happy.......

I walked in to find a very busy class i sat on some chairs with 3 others and we all got told how it worked, funny enough everyone sat there had been with SW before! ...... I stayed for the meeting waiting to be weighted..... We had 3 nominations for Slimming of the year and we heard each of there stories. I voted for a woman called Donna, she had been told she had PCOS and she wouldnt be able to have childern, but since lossing the weight she had had her little boy call Harry (who was sat at the back playing with his toys :))
Then it was time to pay and jump on the scales.......

20st 1lb! well that was pleasing from what i was 3 weeks ago........ I would love to get into a size 16/18 and be able to go and buy clothes from topshop and newlook etc.

I left the class feeling great cause i knew i had already lost and i knew what plan i was on and meals already planned for the week.....

Popped into Sainsburys on my way back as i had ran out of my hovis 400g loaf while i was in there i thought i would pick up a treat of that new muller light Coconut and chocolate..... It was ok lol

Cottage pie with Veg for Tea (Free as usingn Mince as a HEXB)

21/8/2011

Sunday - The day of rest........

Well i felt like i had ants in my pants, the Other half Darren had to do some work on a website he has been designing for a friend, we were meant to be going out for a walk, but that didnt look like it was gonna happen. So i thought i would sort some more bits in the garden, i had had 2 wooden planters that needed to be made and i was gonna put trelis up and above the garden bench.......

Off to B&Q picked up the trelis and i worked out cheaper to but a large bit and cut into 3 than buy the 3 bits..... So i was in the middle of the car park sawing wood yesterday morning getting very odd looks, but no offers of help.

By the time i came back built my project and brushed up all the compost i had spilt on the decking it was time for lunch.....

Left over onion bhajis with salad and mango chutney.....yummy

Tea was more cottage pie and roasted veg which was so yummy i didnt want to leave the last 5 mouth fulls even though i was full....oops :rolleyes:

Gonna have a quite evening and watch the biggest loser and sex in the city :)

23/8/2011

Whats a day yesterday, car had to go into the garage for its recall - Timing chain on Mazda need to replace :(

Had a 100% day today which i was pleased about, i don't normally do a exercise class on a monday but i think we are popping to Darren's mums on Friday as its her birthday. We have both got friday and tuesday off so a very long weekend, unfortunately i have my works summer do in Guildford on the saturday night so our weekend is broken up a little......
Anyhow as i couldn't do aerobics Friday i thought i would fit in a class today.....It was Zumba, now normally when Annaleah does Zumba we do 15 mins on the mats at the end but not tonight, a full 60 mins....... Luckily i am starting to remember most of the moves and my movements are getting better, i no longer look like a tree just stood there sweating......... i now look like a wobbly tree sweating lol
It was a get class and i really go into it last night, have the 2 days off from exercise was driving me mad...... Why was that i wondered?? Could it be that i'm really enjoying it?? Could it be that i'm seeing the benefits?? or could it be i'm worrying that if i don't exercise as well i wont lose as much?? Who knows!

Breakfast......Same old beans and eggs on toast..... Fills me up till lunch, perfect!
Lunch.......... i had some cooked pasta and 1/2 a pack of a meat free bol dry mix thing i haven't had one for a very long time and i always used to enjoy them but yesterday it was the worst thing ever! so i have 4 mouthfuls and binned it all.....That wasn't good, i was in the kitchen again then...... I just had a HEXB of turkey ham a yogurt and some fruit, that kept me going till tea......

Tea time - yippee........ SW Chips Egg and Spaghetti my best dish of the day (well that wasn't hard lol)

My problem i had tea last night but i filled my plate to the brim and i could have stopped 5 mouthfuls from the end BUT i didn't....... How shall i combat this?? Shall i cut my plate size down?? Less food on the plate?? I don't want the extra food to ruin my loss so far..........I will make a effort tomorrow to have a small meal and if still hungry have a yogurt etc..... I have Aqua and LB&T tomorrow and it kicks off at 6 so i wont get much time to sit and eat so that should be better, ill let you know how it goes :)

Last of all i did have one of these Shape Desert Apple Crumble yogurts 1/2 syn and it was worth every syn....... £1 for a pack of 4 in Sainsbury's at the moment as well as 10 mullers for £4......... i sniffed this apple crumble, i closed my eyes and really enjoyed it..... It tasted to me like you know you get that soggy bit of crumble that is almost like a paste type texture and cold custard.....Thats the taste.....yummy, roll on tomorrows....Rhubarb crumble :)

Sorry for my waffling :)

Last edited:
Not a lot happening today

Its bad when you lose track of the days and its only Tuesday lol.....

Right well it hasnt been a bad day and nothing really happened got up and had the normal beans and egg on toast, lunch was in the car which comprised of 3 boiled eggs 3 strawberries, 1 plum, Muller light, and a peach...... i thought we would have a tea with some meat on it so i went with Chicken HEXB Super Noodles and lots of Veg..... Darren enjoyed the corn on the cob and has asked for them again :).
I went off to Legs, bums and tums for 6oclock, one of the women who also does SW brought her kids...... I am sure they were having a great time watching me muck up all the steps etc (having 2 kids watching is off putting lol)....Quick change and off to aqua zumba :)

Got home about 9.30 and feeling hungry so i had a yogurt and a mini egg & red onion tart (free).....Boring day today

x

I love those Shape yoghurts too, it's a shame they are synned now, but for 1/2 a syn it's worth it. I think WW do a similar one that's free, someone will correct me I'm sure, but they have a dessert flavoured yoghurt range with apple tart, lemon tart etc and they are yummy too.

Well done on all the exercise, I'd love to go to classes, but I just can't afford it at the moment, and I'm not very inspiring to myself!! xx

Thanks..... I only have a Shape Yogurt if ive been good and done some exercise...... I see it as a treat then for working out so hard :)

Wasn't myself today

24/8/2011

I woke up really tried and really couldn't be bothered...... I didn't have any food till 9.30 an hardly drank yesterday which was disappointing to say the least. I had been doing so well on drinking more..... Before i could go all day and not have a drink or even have thought about having a drink....... I will be drinking tomorrow tomorrow!!!!

I havent felt hungry today at all so i just had some ravioli and 2 slices of toast that took me through to 2 where i thought i better have something as i've got a double at the gym tonight so i had Baked beans on a jacket....Yummy :)

Darren wanted jacket with Ravioli for tea so i sorted that for him for when he got back, i just had a pasta in sauce with peas as i have been fancying peas to days now..... It was alright nothing to write home about and i didn't eat it all. I had to be at the gym for 6 as i was doing Zumba..... I am finding i am not sweating as much to start with but by the end its pouring which is good and showing that i am working hard..... It is hard work when your 20 odd stone jumping around and you have these stick inserts hardly trying and getting in the way. Why go if all you want to is chat and not do anything..... Luckly Annaleah gets them moving and comes and stands behind them to move them lol...... the i had time for a quick shower and change of outfit and off to the next class which is yogalaties..... Yoga and pilates combined.... I love it it relaxes me and gets me more nimble...... I have been doing yogalites and pilates over 4 weeks now and what a change..... I can do alot of it now and i push myself more and more, annaleah is very supportive and helps me improve. She was telling people in the class who do the aqua class that this was my 5th class this week and i put in as much effort as the fitter ones lol Bless her.
I got home to having small words with Darren as i needed to get his lunch sorted for tomorrow..... After me shouting and finding out what he wanted i got on and made that..... We had a cadbury highlight each as a treat (Darren also doing SW not out of choice lol ) and cuddled up on the sofa and started to watch the wedding signer..... 10 miins in i wanted to go to bed as i was knackered lol.....

All in all a very bland day..... Tomorrow will be better i can feel it.....Also i have noticed that i dont eat half the amount i used to eat and i don't feel hungry.....odd lol

:D:D

Where have i been...... Tut tut tut i havent been doing my diary!! :whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

I had my weigh in on Saturday and was pleased with a 3lb loss.... Also managed to pick up some new scales as my old ones broke....so as soon as i got back from weigh in i unwrapped them and stood on them.... I was showing a massive 4/5lb difference to SW scales, so i remembered that for my morning weigh-ins at home :)

Saturday afternoon i had to go to guildford as we had our work summer do which was a buffet and quiz night.... I didnt eat off the buffet i had food in the car if i needed it but i had a large lunch before i left and after 6 bottles of water and lots of diet coke i didnt want food..... I got to bed at 2..30am and needed to be up and left for 5.30 so i only got 3 hours kip that night..... Got home for around 9 a quick breakfast and woke the OH. We were off to Blackpool for the day as we like to go for a long work down the front.
We parked up pass GynSquare and walked down through the town to the pleasure beach..... We had a quick diet coke and started to head back..... Darren wanted to win me a teddy, he had promised this in the week so we started to try and try and try or one.... The other people walking past with very large teddys were just a tease lol..... We were on a red day so we went to nandos and had a chicken and 2 corn on the cobs.....removed the skin and asked for no oil to be used :) so i am guessing a few syns for the sauce.

Oh i forgot to say :cry::cry::cry: i gave in the that lovely smell of hot dougnuts!!!! i had 3 and i must say they were smaller than others i saw that day and i took off as much sugar as i could - 12 syns each so a total of 36 syns and i didnt even enjoy them and they made me feel sick :( Never again!

Monday we stayed in all day and caught up on the sleep i missed and looked forward to Tuesday as we both had extra days off :)

Tuesday we went to Nandos again as we were on a Red day..... We have both found since added in a few red days the loss on the home scales is better. Then we went into Chester as i needed a new outfit for a hen do...... Found a great top and shoes to go with some leggings so i was pleased.
We had for tea just 2 chicken breasts wrapped with a slice of bacon and stuffed with our HEXA Cheese. Darrens was the last of the babybels and i added Laughing Cow and mine was really yummy and cant wait for that again :)

Tonight will be just a spud and beans as we have had quite a lot of food lately so a nice old spud will sort us out :)

No gym this week as my instructor is on her hols and back next week but im working away Tuesday and Wednesday night so it will be a short exercise week next week :cry::cry:

I dont think i have missed anything that has happened i am hoping for a 4lb loss this week but the way i have been its not looking hopefull...... 2lb would be ok :) Fingers crosses..... Maybe a big p** before class would aid lol

xx

Well I'm having a bath and I thought I would update as I've been so bad at doing it lately!!!
Not been a bad day, toast beans and eggs for breakfast then it was lunch time before I knew it I thought I would go for something quick and easy so I have half a bag of rice with half a tin of chickpea dhal and half a tim of chopped toms......... The left overs at for friday :)
Sorted out tea by doing jackets and spaghetti as requested by Darren....... Also put tomorrows tea cooking, we are having stew, started the veg and free stock cooking will add meat tomorrow morning, I am hoping for left overs to freeze:) I doubt it with stew being darrens fav lol

Back