Before the New Wave

squiddie

Getting fit for 30!
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say I know I haven't been around much and it seems most of the 'oldies' aren't either it's all new school slimmers!

Well I have been naughty this month, I feel a bit of a fraud as I started a whole 100% between now and Christmas thread and well it just didn't work out that way, but I'll be back on track in Janurary.

No it's not a New Year's resolution, it's just the festivities will be over and I'll be back to my normal eating plan; i.e. Slimming World. But in the spirit of New Year: New Start, I have reset all my tickers and stickers. I lost 4 stone in 2009 between May and December (I added the lbs I've gained over xmas to my total) so I'm hoping to lose 5 stone between now and June.

So oldies, if you're still about and up for a New Year then bring it on, and newbies I look forward to chatting to you all :)

Lots of love,

Natt xxx

P.S. I wanted to post this before the influx of New Years Slimming Newbies!

Glad you had a good Christmas and hope you have a happy New Year.

I restarted in November having lost 3 stone between May 2008-May 2009 and then 'life got in the way' - as has Christmas - and I reset all my stickers etc then.

Good luck in 2010.

Hi Squiddie, I'm glad that you enjoyed the festivities. Have a nice few days over New Year and I'll look forward to your posts again xx

Hi Natt, great to see you again hun! I'm still here :) Been away for a week, eaten like a horse and now back on track - WI tonight to face the music!
Good luck this year, 4 stone lost is not to be sniffed at so don't worry about putting a bit on.
Hope to see you around a bit more. xx

Hey Squiddie, I have been lurking for a while just not posting much. I think I might just reset my tickers too and really go for it this year. Iwill probably not be going to class for a bit as our C left and we have a temp one. Shame as old C was fab, but did her class in her own style, none of this how was your week, anything to stop you, target for next....cheerio!
I really want to up my activity levels this year and get to target by the end of 2010.(5 stones)

Hi Natt, I don't know if our paths have crossed yet, but I have been here since October, so although not technically and 'oldie', I'm not part of the new new wave either.

Thanks to your fab post, I managed to get my head around SW and EE in particular and have managed a fab loss so far, which I fully intend to continue in 2010.

Best of luck for the forthcoming year :fingerscrossed:

Kel x

Plenty of oldies still here...me included! Trudging along, you know how it is. Well, feels like trudging at the moment with all the food and drink of the festive season!

Like you, I'm resolved (but not in a new year's resolution way) to be back on the healthy SW path for 2010. Actually, from today :)

Good luck Natt, not that you need it, because you are a determined woman and I'm sure you'll get that 5 stone licked.

Welcome back Squiddie you have been missed!!

I think we've all overindulged a wee bit with Christmas so don't worry about it, most important thing is that we all get right back on plan.

Best of luck for 2010 :)

I'm fairly new but hello and good luck!

Thanks for all your comments everyone :) Good to see there's still some old school peeps about, and nice to meet new slimming buddys!

I said I'd be happy if I don't put on more than a stone this month (I tend to have big gains and losses!) and I haven't so that's fine by me :p

I've been eating like a horse and I love it mainly because I know it wont last so I've not got an ounce of guilt haha! I'm going away for New Year and it's the only time of year I drink so...

Anyway, my point... no idea what is was, but here's to 2010 and if we stick together we can do it! I find it so much easier when I come on here a lot, mainly because it keeps me away from the fridge.

Love ya xxx

Another oldie still here!
I have missed you Natt... your posts are always so inspirational.
I am so glad that you have had a good December and I know that you will be back on track and those 5 stone will come flying off.
Good luck Natt.. you will do it xxx

Hi, I remember you joining, you have done brilliantly. I am back here today but had maintained my loss til 23rd Dec when I went a bit mad. I have started again today but dont go to class as I seem to do better on my own as I dont feel quite so pressured to lose weight and that seems to stop me somehow so its just me, you guys and the bathroom scales. They cringed a bit this morning but I'm done for christmas eating now and looking forward to some good weightloss this year. Aiming to lose another 4 stone this year. Going out in a bit for some lovely fresh fruit!

Glad to see you back Squiddie, you've been missed (and I don't just mean at 3 o'clock in the morning!!!).

Very Best of Luck for 2010, I'm sure that you will reach your goals - and KEEP POSTING!

Hi Natt, good to see you back and glad you have been enjoying the festive season.

You have had a fab achievement in 2009 and I am sure that 2010 will be even better for you. xx

yaya!! hey nattie.

Im still here dont you worry, glad to see your back on the wagon as of new year lol :) me too, iv been so naughty over xmas! x

Hi Nat,

good luck in 2010, im sure you will do well, seen as you seem to have done well in 2009 with the weight loss xx

im a newbie, start class tomorrow morning, so really looking forward to it , im hoping to loose 3stone in 2010.

best wishes for 2010 to everyone xxx

I'm still here Natt - I am the 'oldie' oldie, LOL....

It's good to see you on the board again, we've missed you and your posts.

Well done with your weight loss in 2009 and good luck with your SW journey in 2010.

Good luck with your studies too.

Wishing you a Happy New Year, love to you. XX

Hello from a relative newbie, well since October!! xxx

Hi Natt! Another old codger here! I assumed that you had a social life so didn't post too often.:p
I think we're all up for starting over once we get Hogmannay over with! We know what to do, we'll sort it in 2010!

Well I'm not an oldie or a newbie really, lol, but I recognize a lot of familiar faces who are very inspirational to me!!! Good luck to to you for 2010. May you achieve all your goals :D

Back