Begining my weightloss journey

sera1283

I have decided the only way to motivate myself is to actively chart my weight loss journey.

Mentally i have always thought i could do stick to a diet but not been able to put this in to practice. So i am hoping charting it through this forum might help.

I havent told anyone else i am embarking on this journey as it always seems to end in failure. But this time it is and will be different. I feel it and i just know so her we go....

So i cant figure out how to change my starting weight but that gives a fair indication of just how much weight i have put on since i last posted in 2012.

Current weight: 17st.7 /111.2kg
Target: 11.11/75kg

What a different set of ambition to where i was last year 6 years ago when i weighed 16st.1 and wanted to get down to 8st.5!

So i.am doing 1 week on cambrige sole source (3 shakes a day) to finish off the left over packets but i have also just placed my order for exante products doing Total Solution, so will still be on 3 shakes a day, approx 600 kcals a day.

The only other time i have ever been succesful on a vcld was back in 2005 where i followed the cambridge diet and lost 39lbs/17kg in 6 weeks to be brides made at a wedding. At the intial dress fitting i was a size 22 and i said to my friend lets order a size 16 because no way am i going to be this weighy for your wedding.

Honestly i dont how i did it but i did not cheat once.. I met my husband at that wedding got pregnant the following year, 2 kids later the weight i now weigh 111kg. Ok so thats the boring stuff out of the way, im feeling positive so lets go....

Yesterday 4th August was actually day 1.
Tbh i wont say it was a terrible ride. I should add i am also.intermitenly fasting so i have only an 8hr window (12pm-8pm) to consume my 3 shakes.

I did well...i wasnt starving by the time i had my first shake at 12pm...but i waa so consious about drinkinh enough water to combat any potetial dizziness/headached i would feel.

Id say i felt slightly light headed but nkthing carzy...water helped. I literally drank another glass of water every time i went for a pee. So so defoe over 3litres.
2nd shake at 4pm and when it was about 7.50pm i realised i needed to have the 3rd shake to stay in my window....i wasnt actually hungry! So had to force in. Not what i was expecting for day 1....not very hungry at all....but that waa yesterday.

Yesterday 4th August was actually day 1.
Tbh i wont say it was a terrible ride. I should add i am also.intermitenly fasting so i have only an 8hr window (12pm-8pm) to consume my 3 shakes.

I did well...i wasnt starving by the time i had my first shake at 12pm...but i waa so consious about drinkinh enough water to combat any potetial dizziness/headached i would feel.

Id say i felt slightly light headed but nkthing carzy...water helped. I literally drank another glass of water every time i went for a pee. So so defoe over 3litres.
2nd shake at 4pm and when it was about 7.50pm i realised i needed to have the 3rd shake to stay in my window....i wasnt actually hungry! So had to force in. Not what i was expecting for day 1....not very hungry at all....but that waa yesterday.

Today 5th Aug - day 2....so far so good. As i.am doing the (IF) cant have my first shake until 12pm. A slighg headcahe but not full on. I have been drinking a lot of water so thats helping.

I know i shouldnt have but couldnt resist the urge to weigh myself this morning. (I should say i weigh myself everyday...whether im.dieting or not...just cant help myself) so my weighy day 2 is : 110.4kg/17st5.4lbs

Loss = 0.8kg/1.8lbs

I know this will fluctuate and should only count my weigh in on friday as being my correct weight loss...but the inbetweens act as a nice motivational tool to spurr me on...feeling lightheaded but still oh so possitive.

I had the intetiom of posting every day but yesterday was quite manic. Anyway so i should probably start from where i left of sunday 5th...after that weigh in in the morning which gave me 110.4kg/17st5.4 i really was buzzing all day...i know it water loss and will fluctuate but gave me such motivation.

Havent really felt sever withdrwal sysmtoms or headaches...i think the difference this time is that i have been drinking soo much water. 3.7 litres on sunday...really does help.

If doing the IF 16:8 as well which means i eat for 8 hours of the day between 12pm-8pm and fast for the rest of the 16hrs.

I havent really felt hungry. I had my shake at 12 and at 4pm...got so busy didnt manage to get a shake in before 8pm so i went without as i didnt want to eat outside my allowed hours. So i ended up on roughly about 400kcals on sunday...wouldnt recomend as a rule, i just want to be strict with my fasting and so just have to make time to eat! Jeez i never thought id here me say that. Despite only having 400 kcals on sunday i did not feel hungry.

Day 3 yesterday 6th Aug: i felt good.Mondays are usually very busy at work so didnt really think much about food.

At 12pm i got a message from a colleague about popping out for lunch as we usually do and but i resisited. That was always going to be my ultimate test. I did tell 2 colleagues what im doing so i dont get asked again.

I decided i am either in this for the long run or not at all. My motivatiom for not telling others had alway been fear of not succeeding and so i could easily fall of the wagon witjout anyone knowing i had been on it in the first place. I figured was giving myself a free pass to fail, so now a couple of people know i feel more determined to prove my will power.

I was rushing to have my shake at 12 wasnt hungry but i did force my 12.30pm as i could feel a headache developing (which quickly disappeared the more i drank water).

Had my 2nd shake at 4pm.
After all the above i had a slip in my will power..makimg steak and chips for the family, i had a bit of DH's steak....just the one bite....i wasnt hungry but i felt an urge to eat it. I noticed i then wantes another another. The urge was greater than my hunger itself. Although i resisted i came to the realisation that although this phase is though maintenance will be even tougher if i cannot control urges...so im.really going to embark on educating myself on food, behaviour etc.

By the time i was done making dinner and sorting out my 2 year old i realised it was past 8pm and had missed my opportunity to have my third shake. Not good i dont intend to make it a habit on living on 2 shakes and a bite of a piece of DH's stake so will have to sort my timimgs out as less than 600kcals a day is counter productive. :-(

So today day 4 - August 8th. After feelimg pretty down about yesterdays "steak bite" i couldnt wait to get on to the scale to see the damage. Either way....a loss or a gaim serve as motivators. I am more dissapointed by my break im will.power than how.much the numbers on the scale move by.

I guess its the fear that food can control me and not me control it that spurs my urge to demonstrate my will power. I keep thinking i know i dont want to be fat and i know what the right thing to do is....but why do.i loose control? That determination to take back control i think is what will either make or break my journey.

Anyway so the number on the scale this morning 108.9kg/17st2.1lbs

Again not my actuall weighloss for the week as i cant help weighing daily...but spurs me on, and despite my slip up the numbers moved!

Possitive start to the day...i feel energised, but such bad breath im starting to think i am in ketosis finally. Lets see how i get om with day 4.

Back