Beginner Question

claireb10

Hi was hoping someone could help. I've ordered kettleworx and just waiting for it to be delivered (cant wait!!) but I'm a bit unsure of what size weight to start with. I picked up the 5kg in tesco and it seemed quite heavy to me. I really have no strength at all so was looking for a bit of advice. Thanks in advance :D

Hi Claire, if you ordered the full Kettleworx set it comes with a 5lb bell (approx 2.5kg). This will get you going while you get used to the moves and build up to using the 5kg bell.
I started with the 5lb Kettleworx bell then went for a 5kg bell from TESCO. The 5kg bell felt HEAVY!! and I was swapping between both during workouts. Eventually I got to 7.5 and 10kg bells!
Been using 5 and 7.5kg bells of recent though as I had several weeks off. Strength soon builds though; enjoy! :D

That's great thanks I'll start with the 5lb kettlebell and hopefully build my strength up. Hopefully u can start posting in here as soon as they arrive. Thanks so much.

Hi Claire,
5kg seems really heavy i know, when i took my first swing i thought i was going to fall over backwards :p but im getting used to it now. Ive read that for women its the perfect weight to start off with and then increase it after a few months.
Im doing KW aswell and i think its fantastic, on my first week and i can feel a difference, Ryans awesome :)

All the best and im here to support

Hi Aurora

I'm still waiting on my DVDs being delivered (hoping for today!). I read somewhere that 5kg is best for females to start with too but really don't think I could. Think I'm going to start with either a 2kg or 3kg then see how quickly I can move up.

Thanks for replying, need all the help I can get!

Hi Aurora

I'm still waiting on my DVDs being delivered (hoping for today!). I read somewhere that 5kg is best for females to start with too but really don't think I could. Think I'm going to start with either a 2kg or 3kg then see how quickly I can move up.

Thanks for replying, need all the help I can get!

Hiya , i guess its best to go with what your most comfortable with and you can always build up from there. :)

Hi how much was it?

They have a class at a gym near me it's £4 but only once a week is it worth doing it once a week?

Back