Beginner to Slimming World

MissyLisa

Slim for Summer
Hi, I have just recently started Slimming World 29/3/2011. I was just wondering if anyone has any hints/tips for me?

I am a vegetarian, so I'm a green day girl and I have just stopped smoking about 3 weeks ago.

I will post my food diaries, for the past few days, can anyone tell me if I am doing this right.

Thankyou

Lisa :)

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Right....here goes. Sorry this will be a long thread. I really hope i am doing this right.

Wednesday

Breakfast - Scrambled Egg,Baked Beans and Mushrooms

Lunch - Jacket Potato, cottage cheese, lettuce, onion and cucumber

Dinner - jacket potato, baked beans, lettuce, cheese (HexA)

Snacks - Tangerine, Hi-Fi bar(6 syns), snack a jacks(3 syns), cucumber sticks

Syns - 9
Exercise - SHOPPING lol

Thursday

Breakfast - Scrambled egg, mushroom, oil(2syns)

Lunch - Pasta, mushroom, quorn chicken, onion, pasta sauce 200g (5 syns) and 28g Chedder cheese (hexA)

Dinner - Half SW Quiche = egg, cottage cheese, mushroom, onion, spinich, light mayo(0.5 syns) and lettuce

Snacks - hi-fi (hexb), 2 tangerines, apple

Syns - 7.5

Exercise - 1 hour cardio blast class (hurts lol)

Friday

Breakfast - 100g ubly yoghurt (4 syns picked wrong one up), apple, 1 tsp honey(1syn)

Lunch - Half SW Quiche (yesterdays) = egg, cottage cheese, mushroom, onion, spinich, light mayo(0.5 syns), lettuce and beans.
0% fat greek yoghurt.

Dinner - Creamy Cheese Mugshot (2syns), Brocalli and carrots

Snacks - Tangerine, boiled rice and a slice of pizza (8 syns)
Feel really bad for this, but my 'friends' ordered a large takeaway consisting of pizza, chips, poppadoms and chicken tikka curry. I could have screamed lol.

Syns - 15

Exercise - 40 mins spinning (ouch)

Saturday

I went round Leeds for a night out and kinda of went off the rails a little lol.

Breakfast - Apple

Lunch - Beans, Scrambled Egg, lettuce, onion and cucumber

Dinner - Creamy Cheese mugshot (2syns)

Snacks - Vodka and diet coke (2.5syns x 8)=16syns and Subway veggie delite wrap (lettuce, onion, jalapino, cheese(hexA), sweet onion sauce(2syns), wrap(6syns)

Syns - 26

Exercise - 1.5 hours gym (15 mins CT, 15 mins treadmaill, 10 mins bike, upper core weights) plus I walked to gym at 9:30am, as if I was up lol. Dancing the night away until 3am.

Sunday

Slightly hungover after getting in at 4am. Couldn't be bothered to make anything for brakfast. This is what I plan to have, may change though.

Breakfast - Adsa fruit smoothie 250g (7SYNS as if)

Lunch - quorn fillet, broccali, carrots, coli, cabbage, gravy(1.5 syn), yorkshire pudding mini(4syns) and mint sauce(0.5syns)

Dinner - Half SW Quiche = egg, cottage cheese, mushroom, onion, spinich, and lettuce. I slice WW wholemeal bread (hex b)

Snacks - tangerine, 2 x vitality bars(0.5syns each)

Syns - 13

Exercise - plan on going on wii active, plus a walk to my mums :)

I feel like ive eaten alot this week. Please no gain on Tuesday.

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Denise,

I have just bought some all bran and ryvitas, so i will be able to have these for my breakfast now with Milk, which will incorperate my hexA and hexB or crunch them up into a yogurt with fruit.

I don't really eat alot of cheese or bread, but I am going to try the SW toastie pizzas tomorrow. I have been looking at recipies that I can add them into.

As I am a vegetarian, and only on Green days, do I have to have 2 hexA and 2 hexB per day?

In regards to water, I drink alot when I am at the gym, but I tend to add LC juice into it, as i prefer the taste and drink alot more that water alone. Is this ok to do?

Thankyou for answering my post

Lisa

xx

Hiya,

I'm veggie too and only do green. Looks like you're doing ok, but agree about the lack of Hex's. You are supposed to choose once or twice from the a's and b's. I tend to have 1 A and 2 B's.

Just a couple of thoughts -
- On wednesday you counted a Hi-fi bar as syns but I didn't see any Hexb's so do you definitely have to syn it?
- Presume your cottage cheese is fat free?
- If it's sugar free squash you're adding to your water you should be fine
- Remember that your hexb's don't have to be bread they can be cereal, cereal bars, nuts, oil, seeds, stewed fruit etc.

Other than that, it sounds as though you're getting lots of super free and doing tons of exercise which is all good. I also admire your restraint only having one piece of pizza when your friends ordered takeaways!

BTW - what's a vitality bar?!

Good luck following the plan, hope you see a good loss this week!

Hi Beegee

Thankyou for your response.

I know I need to increase my hex a and hex b. I felt like i was eating to much, and they would be extras, i didn't know how to add them in to my meals. I think I should be ok with this now.

I didn't think to use the hi-fi bar as a hexB, I will do that in the future. Yeah fat free cottage cheese, to be honest I dont really like it, but i have been putting it in SW quiche and it is beautiful, you should try it if you havent already. It is suger free squash, im glad thats ok because i drink gallons of it lol.

The night when they ordered, it was awful, it smelt soooo good. I didn't deprive myself as i would have ended up binging, I am quite proud of myself for that though :)

A vitality bar is ASDAs own brand of Alpan cereal bar. I worked it out and they are 0.5 syns each. Brilliant for a little snack at work.

I love exercising. Just recently started going to fitness classes, they are fab for motivation. Just hope it all pays off.

Congratulations with your weight loss. Do you have a food diary on here, it would be great to see a food plan of a fellow vegetarian?

Lisa xx

Hello,

I've just gone onto red alert here as I don't know how a cereal bar can be half a syn! I've looked at syns online and it says the banoffee is 3.5 and the cranberry is 5 syns. Are they the ones you're using or am I barking up the wrong tree?! You can work them out using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule as there is no free food allowance on cereal bars - would be amazed if your bar was only 10 cals!

I don't have a diary on here I'm afraid. I always keep a paper diary of what I have and never got round to putting it all on here. Maybe I'll get round to it one day!

I'm quite a fan of the quiche too - it's far nicer than I thought it would be!

Have a good diet day!

Hi

I did it wrong booooo. Its 4 syns per bar whoops. Thought I had 1 syn for 2 when its a massive 8 ahhh lol.
I am so glad you pointed that out to me. Thankyou.

Yeahh you should put a food diary on here, I'm glad I did.

I love the quiche. YUM.

Thankyou I think today has been alot better, its my weigh in tomorrow. Hope ive lost.

Lisa xx

4/4/2011

Right so heres my Food Diary for today. I have managed to add my hexA and hexB in today aswell YEY.

Breakfast - 2 slices of WW bread toasted (hexB) and a tsp of honey (1syn)

Lunch - Half SW Quiche = egg, cottage cheese, mushroom, onion, spinich, Jacket potato and Baked beans

Dinner - Boiled egg x2, New potatoes, lettuce, onion, cottage cheese, 28g Chedder(hexA), french dressing 1tbsp(3.5syns) and 28g garlic and corriander naan(4syns)

Snacks - 2 tangerines, apple, vitality bar(4SYNS)

Exercise - 15 Mins Cross trainer, 10 Mins Bike, 60 Mins Boxercose.

SYNS - 12.5

xx

Looking good today hun! Glad to be of help with the cereal bars. I've followed your lead and stuck a diary on here too so people can keep an eye on me as well!

Hi

Thankyou, I still feel like i am eating too much and thinking how can I lose weight?

Il have a look at your diary.

Lida xx

First weigh in tonight feel very nervous

Lisa xx

5th April

I don't think i have done bad today. Had quite a busy day at work.

Breakfast - 2 WW wholemeal Bread toasted(hexB), 1 tsp honey(1syn)

Lunch - Convent Garden Carrot and Coriander 300g soup(hexB), 2 ryvitas (3syns) 2 mini maryland cookies(2syns)

Dinner - Fat Free Natural Yoghurt, Blueberries, sliced apple and 1tsp honey(1syn). Glass of Milk (hexA)

Snacks - Cheesy mugshot(2syns), apple and a tangerine. Sweet chilli snack a jacks(3syns)

Exercise - none today

Syns - 12

Lisa xx

Last edited:
Just got back from my Slimming World meeting and i have...............................LOST 5 1/2 pounds. Really happy with myself and I won the new extra easy meals in mis book on the raffle lol x

Lisa xx

Thankyou, I am so chuffed. I was really nervous getting on the scale, and when I saw my weight I just beemed lol

Lisa xx

Wednesday 6th April 11

Today hasn't been that bad until I decided to buy some Cadburys chocolate fingers and thought they were 1 syn each but noooo they are 1.5 lol

Breakfast - FF natural Yogurt, Sliced apple, blueberries, 1tsp honey(1syn) and crunched bran flakes(hexB)

Lunch - Convent garden 300g Carrot and Corriander soup(hexB). Cous cous, asparagus, broccali, peas and new potato salad

Dinner - Creamy Cheese Mugshot(2syns) and 2 mini babybell(hexA)

Snack - Apple, Clementine, 5 Cadbury fingers(7.5syns), snack a jacks(3syns)

Syns - 13.5 :-(

Exercise - 1 Hour Gym (15 mins cross trainer, 10 mins treadmill, upper core weights, sit ups, free weights) Walked to and from gym.

Lisa xx

Hey Lisa,

Just reading your post's 5 1/2 loss is brilliant, I am not a vegetarian, like green days though, things like cous cous and noodle based dishes are a nice change to pasta and potato's, the excersise your doing is good to you do loose alot more when your excersising x congrat's

Hi Taffy

Thankyou, I am so proud of myself, really pushing myself at the gym, I love going though so its not a chore lol.

I'm used to being on faddy diets such as Celeb Slim, milkshake diets really. I was starving all the time, until my friends a work got sick of me moaning that I was starving and suggested SW, glad they did I eat like a pig and still managed to lose.

Congratulations on your weight loss too. We are both LOSERS lol. Do you have a diary on here? I like to have a nosy at meals to see if i can pinch ideas lol.

Lisa xx

Hi Taffy

Thankyou, I am so proud of myself, really pushing myself at the gym, I love going though so its not a chore lol.

I'm used to being on faddy diets such as Celeb Slim, milkshake diets really. I was starving all the time, until my friends a work got sick of me moaning that I was starving and suggested SW, glad they did I eat like a pig and still managed to lose.

Congratulations on your weight loss too. We are both LOSERS lol. Do you have a diary on here? I like to have a nosy at meals to see if i can pinch ideas lol.

Lisa xx

Yeah I have a Diary, only started it 2 days ago though, love going swimming, got Zumba tomorrow so looking forward to that, lets hope we have the same next week :)

Back