Beginners Advice

ailly

Silver Member
This thread is for advice for all beginners

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I have recently started kettlebell workouts and I also have a gym membership. I was just wondering how often I should still go to the gym if I'm doing kb twice a week. For example, I did a 40 minute kb workout yesterday and am still aching (in a good way) but wanted to go to the gym today but I don't know if I should give myself a rest day or whether it's still a good idea to go. The area above my hips (kind of to the side of my lower back if that makes sense) is aching the most and I'm not sure if going to the gym (probably just on the cross trainer) will make it worse.

Also wanted to ask about protection for wrists for some of the movements but I think sue answered that in another thread :)

I think generally u should have rest days between exercises, but if u go to the gym make sure at u take it easy where ur aching x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks. Ended up not going as the ache increased but should be good to go tomorrow hopefully

Rest -you need to give muscles 24hrs to rest. they rebuild over this time, hopefully stronger.

however, a planned week means you can exercises most days. so for example do legs day 1 upper body day 2 and so on OR push exercises day 1 and press exercises day 2. this rests the muscle groups onver 24hrs and leaves other muscles to work the next day. some people do CV work like treadmill (aerobic) and weights (anerobic) im not sure you can isolate the fast and slow twitch muscles that well but might work for you

Back