Beginning of my journey

HissyMissy

So, this the start of my weight lose diary. I've never been a blogger or facebooker. Just not my thing but after reading so many pages on this site it may help my fight against the flab. My name is Shirley and I live in Dundee. My husband and I are going through the adoption process and we have been advised that my weight may cause a issue when being matched with a child. The adoption medical advisors want prospective adopters to be as fit and healthy as possible to enable them to live long and look after the children. Which is understandable and it the kick up the ass I need to finally rid myself of the flab. Anyway, I started my journey 3 and a half weeks ago and have lost 1stone and 1lb - not much compared to many of he threads read on this site. My biggest problem is the weekend - specifically Friday or Saturday - We would normally have a wee drink on either of these days. I have had a wee drink since starting the diet:eek: (I know I am not supposed to) but if I start feeling a woozy then I stop. The biggest problem is the next day, although I've no hangover I still seem to get the munchies. I have managed to keep to chicken salad (still had too much of that) I still feel a bit of a failure for not being able to stick to the plan 100% hence the beginning of my diary. I will probably spend most of the weekend typing c*$@p but if it helps then this will what I will have to do.

Got out of my bed a 5am and had a bar for my breakfast (I can take or leave breakfast but was a big hungry this morning), a cup of black tea and a pint of sparkling mineral water (struggle to drink normal water at home). Going to b&q for bits and pieces for the garden then off to the dentist (probably make a big dent in my purse) and last but certainly not least got to go to a quarry to buy pebbles for my garden then home.

Well needs to go now and get my butt into gear.

Have a fabby day Peeps!
:D

Well, back from doing all my bits and pieces and even finished garden, just waiting for pebbles now. Seriously need to get my ass into gear and get some water doon ma throat . I've not even managed 2litres yet. Naughty! I've normally drank about 3 litres by now. Diet is on track for 100% today which isn't really a problem Sunday to Thursday, it's blimmin Friday and Saturday that I am a :break_diet:. TOTM and I have the worst cramps ever and all bloated so not really expecting any weight loss this week which will be a bit rubbish but just have to deal with it. This diet is about control and loosing weight not just getting rid o the pounds (and there are many of them to rid). Well need to go and get some :waterbottle: in me.

Catch you later Peeps

Last edited:
Still making a huge effort to get the damn :waterbottle: doon ma neck! I'm off work for a week so will have to visit here and type, type, type. It's hissing doon here in Bonnie Dundee and I am totally freezing. Not a side effect I have suffered before in ketosis, normally just the have a bumping headache and yukky mouth. Sitting with furry slippers on and cozy joggy bottoms. Only had one pack up to now. I'll have a soup for tea and have a hot chocolate later in the evening :blahblah:. God I'm soooooo boring but I will have to continue with this rubbish to get me through the days.

Catch you later Peeps

Well been up since 5am. Had couple of cups of coffee. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! Then went to b&q again! Potted plants and hanging basket all before 8am. Then sat down and had a lemon bar for brekky (don't like any of the others) with a cuppa t. Only had about a litre of fizzy water up to now but I'll still manage 3-4litre by bed time.

Ahhhh! Thanks. Im not always this motivated. Just so much energy on this diet got to use it up or I'll try end up agitated to hell. On holiday this week so got to keep busy busy busy or I'll b thinking of food and fags. I've stopped smoking also. So double whammy! Must b off my nut! :)

Well only had 1 meal upto now. Not hungry but getting extremely bored. Waiting for a delivery. Just the usual nonsense - can't give a time delivery will arrive - this one is the worst though because they couldn't even tell me if it would be morning or aftn. On the up side I've had a couple of litres of fizzy water so on track with that.

Well pebbles eventually delivered. Omygawd! I have just moved a ton of(literally). Totally exhausted so
had a little 40 twinkles (nap) then a bath. Now sitting with my choc tetra (2nd meal odd the day) and a big glass of fizzy water. Only had 2.5litres up to now. Think I'll go read some other diaries now while I drink drink drink.

Tata Peeps

Well done on yr weight loss so far!! ;-) which diet r u following?? X

So up 5.30am and sitting having a caramel coffee - black- its dowe egberts and it proper mummy. Slept in. Haha! Im holiday this week and still can't sleep longer in the morning. Have been 100% since Sunday and not smoked. How awesome is that? Can't believe Im am managing this. Totally in the zone. Not hungry just now so I will wait as long as possible before I have my first meal. Try and eek them a wee bit longer. Think I'll sort out my back garden today. Try and get rid of the energy this diet seems to bring. Well wi tomorrow so fingers x'd my naughtiness last Friday hasn't prevented me seeing the numbers on the scales go down.

Have a fabby day Peeps.

Shirley x

Well done on yr weight loss so far!! ;-) which diet r u following?? X

GM. Im following the Cambridge dier which is a very low calories diet. Its hard going but it will be worth it. I have a ridiculous relationship with food so hopefully abstaining then slowly introducing it will rectify that. Which diet are u doing? Im new to the site and thought my day would go into Cambridge site but it seems to have just gone into genetic diary site.

Have a fabby day

Shirley x

GM. Im following the Cambridge dier which is a very low calories diet. Its hard going but it will be worth it. I have a ridiculous relationship with food so hopefully abstaining then slowly introducing it will rectify that. Which diet are u doing? Im new to the site and thought my day would go into Cambridge site but it seems to have just gone into genetic diary site.

Have a fabby day

Shirley x

I'm not really following a diet at the moment but am planning on rejoining slimming world where I originally lost 6.5 stone! :) I don't find it hard but my head was totally in the right place for it so I'm waiting for that feeling again lol. At the moment my feeling is more towards food lol.

You are doing so well, it will be all worth it xx

Wow that's an amazing weight lose. I've still to loose 6stones. This is the first time in years I've managed to stick to a diet dorm more than 2 weeks. So fingers x'd I'll do it this time. Have u managed to keep most off the weight off?

Shirley x

Wow that's an amazing weight lose. I've still to loose 6stones. This is the first time in years I've managed to stick to a diet dorm more than 2 weeks. So fingers x'd I'll do it this time. Have u managed to keep most off the weight off?

Shirley x

Nope!! Lol.

I literally got to 6.5 stone for one weigh-in. Then I slowly gained about half a stone and settled for a couple of weeks...then another half crept on over about 6 months and I settled again!
This time last year I weighed 5 stone less than I do now but I'm 33 weeks preg and 3 stone has been gained since I found out so I'm really hoping to lose the 3 stone pregnancy weigh quite quickly! Then I will just need to work on the rest! :-/

It's hard going and I'm trying to eat healthier now after spending a few months eating for 2+! At least I know slimming world works for me and I am excited to start at it again!!

Your weight loss is amazing for the time you have been doing it! I'm not sure I could stick to it but once you have that aim in your head the main struggle is over and done with! :) x

Acceptance is definitely bad thing when it comes to this of us carrying a bit extra weight. Think have been the same for years. Good luck when ur wee one arrives. The weight will probably drop of you. You won't have time to eat.

Have a fabby day

Every so tired today. Really need to stop getting up so blimmin early. Really gets on my nerves sometimes. Feel like I want to eat coz Im bored but too tired to do anything of significance. Got to keep on track as I have to visit my gp so she can inform the adoption medical advisor that I am making and effort to rid myself of the weight. For to keep focused. This site has helped me so much. Writing down the biggest reason really helps me keep on track.

Every so tired today. Really need to stop getting up so blimmin early. Really gets on my nerves sometimes. Feel like I want to eat coz Im bored but too tired to do anything of significance. Got to keep on track as I have to visit my gp so she can inform the adoption medical advisor that I am making and effort to rid myself of the weight. For to keep focused. This site has helped me so much. Writing down the biggest reason really helps me keep on track.

Keep going mrs it will all be worth it in the end!

Ahhhh! Thanks. I will keep going. Won't give up. Thanks. Such nice supportive people on this site. Amazing what a little encouragement can do.

Shirley x

Back