Being a LastStarter not a ReStarter

Are you still on SS Clinq? End of Feb is almost here, thinking of the next steps always spurs me on :)

So 1 lbs gone since yesterday - woo! 82 kg firmly is lower than I've even been going to this event I am going next week and I've went to it 4 years in a row!

Let's consult the obsessive records:
First year 2011 - I was right after baby so I had that excuse but I was a whooping 130 kg (287 lbs! 20st!)
In 2012 I had no excuse and yet I was 114 kg (250lbs! 18st!)
Last year in 2013 I had gone down and felt like a million bucks at 91 kg (200lbs 14.3st)
This year I will be 82kg (180lbs! 12.9 st) Hell yes!!!

I'm doing Lighter Life with a few Slim and Save products thrown in. But pretty much the same principles in that it is just packs, although I have added the low carb vegetables that SnS allow since Christmas, although not every day.

How often in our lives can we look back and see that we have had a year on year loss for the past four years. That's really commendable.

... It certainly is. You should be so proud of yourself MissA!

How's your Sunday been so far hon? xx

Wooo! Keep on track over important event win! Not touched anything at all! Not even a sip of wine and by Job did I need some. Partly though -gross alert, avert eyes- because I nearly died of constipation. It was so bad I had to go buy laxatives and that made me go through 12 hours of crying alone in my hotel room curled on the floor thinking I need to call an ambulance. It was hell on earth. No skipping on the water girls! And no eating Cambridge Mousse with every meal.... I think it was all that gelatine!

Anyhow here we are. 80.3 - 1.5 kg less than last week at this time. Woo!!!

Well dunno if anyone is reading these or not but I have to record it somewhere.

Week 1 of complete SS done without a glitch!!! YEY! Not so bothered about how much I lost (not a lot 8 lbs) because the goal is completing 12 weeks with only two breaks not a certain loss. Plus for the first time in my history with dieting I am eating soups too so not surprised it's going slower as it's real weight not only water loss like in the past. (lastly it's TOTM so I am secretly hoping for a whoosh fairy visit next week TBH:)

Well done on your first week back to SS! It's always the hardest.
And 8lbs for the first week is fantastic! It's actually is quite a lot, I've seen people do far less on their first week, so I do hope the momentum (and whoosh!) continues well into next week :)

Hi Miss Ama!
I've just restarted too! My week 1 officially ends tomorrow with only one day off on Thursday given a work workshop where lunch was provided and my godsons birthday party full of pizza and sausage rolls. But I've managed to get straight back on plan which is surprising given my track record!

These last two years I've put back on the stone I lost previously plus an extra 1.5 stone!!!!! So now I'm officially the heaviest ever! So I must restart again and make this the last time

Hello ladies! YEY me - I have visitors!

Yesterday was the end of week 2 of SS and so far so good and another 4.4 lbs gone with a total of 12.4.

Well not great, I have trouble getting all the water in when I am in meetings in the city all day so as a result I have headaches, cramps and feel dead tired but I am mighty proud of having resisted many a desperate moments being out and nearly on the verge of cheating and of being at the lowest weight since I had the sleeve today!

Week 3 out of the way but my motivation is wavering big time.... 15 lbs lost in total which is not brilliant. The Mr is doing it with me and he lost 28!!! Not fair :(((

I have a scheduled break for this weekend (will try to stay in ketosis and do low carb though) and it still feels ages away... my head is not right this week which makes me feel hungry, etc. Come next Monday I'll be firmly back on the horse with another 3-4 weeks till the next break and hopefully the damage won't be greater than 3-4 pounds

15lbs in 3 weeks is great! You should be proud. :) Comparing yourself to your OH is not the best as men lose a lot faster - I remember the same dilemma when I was doing LL with my partner too! But at the end of the day you are getting closer to your goals, at your own pace. :)

15lbs in 3 weeks is great! You should be proud. :) Comparing yourself to your OH is not the best as men lose a lot faster - I remember the same dilemma when I was doing LL with my partner too! But at the end of the day you are getting closer to your goals, at your own pace. :)

I agree with you - 15lbs in 3 weeks is great! As a matter of fact, I'm going to make it a goal for me ;)
Indeed, you should not compare yourself to your man, but since you will, you can always told yourself that he lost more muscle :rolleyes::p

Thank you ladies - unfortunately I was weak enough to use how sorry I felt for myself to jump into a semi break and not told him about it so cheating on the diet AND the husband! Will try a full 100% tomorrow and then Fri and Sat is off. New goal: not go into break before break actually happens FFS!:)

Thank you for the safe space to admit the above.... invaluable!

A little controlled (even if not on schedule!) break from the diet is fine every once in a while, sometimes it can help to keep us on track, so long as you're able to draw a line under it! :)

Yes, I've finished the first 100% day of back on track yesterday! It was hard going but could have been worse. Today is going to be even worse as I am home working all day but I am determined to at most double down on soups not go off the rails completely.

On the plus side the Mr put on a whooping 3.5kg in the 3 days break -and while he knows it's mostly water weight and glycogen he's miserable- while I put on 800 grams (1.5lbs) in total. I was stunned! If I can now get back on the horse properly and do this a few other weeks I should be ok once I get off it and that's all that counts!

Great thread Miss Ama. Have thoroughly enjoyed reading your story!
I am a relative newbie at Cambridge, beginning week 10 today and heading off for a weigh in in half an hour. 30 lbs down so far but still have a long way to go. Feeling positive though.
Hope you're doing OK? :)

You've done really well with the days off :) 1.5lbs is pretty much nothing! How are you getting on with being back on track? :)

Grover - welcome! Week 10 is awesome!!!!

Minerva - I didn't do as well as I thought I would - day 1 was good but blips with alcohol of all things day 3 and 4 but still largely on plan and today will be a great day as the TOTM gloom is nearly done YEY!

Back