Belly hang.

laurenmay

Gold Member
I've never experienced this before, even after having my son I lost the 5 stone I'd gained and shrunk back into shape within 4 months & my belly showed no signs of pregnancy besides the caesarean scar & a few stretch marks..

But now that I've gained so much weight my belly is starting to hang down, rather than just growing out.. I'm really worried that it won't go back into shape when I lose weight and get to goal weight & that I'll always have a droopy stomach now :(

What do you lot think?

I got an ab belt thing from Amazon before Christmas and a lot of the reviews suggested it might help in toning up that area post pregnancy/extreme weightloss! It was only £25 and no where near the faff involved in Slendertone or anything. I don't really have excess skin there but I am loving the belt so far and definitely feel firmer on my abs.

To be honest though I wouldn't worry too much, you are still young so if you lose the weight in a sensibe slow-ish manner and exercise along the way with focus on your tummy workout I reckon you will be fine, also moisturise loads - I don't know if that helps but I feel like it should do by keeping the skin healthy and supple :)

I got an ab belt thing from Amazon before Christmas and a lot of the reviews suggested it might help in toning up that area post pregnancy/extreme weightloss! It was only £25 and no where near the faff involved in Slendertone or anything. I don't really have excess skin there but I am loving the belt so far and definitely feel firmer on my abs.

To be honest though I wouldn't worry too much, you are still young so if you lose the weight in a sensibe slow-ish manner and exercise along the way with focus on your tummy workout I reckon you will be fine, also moisturise loads - I don't know if that helps but I feel like it should do by keeping the skin healthy and supple :)

I actually have a slender tone women ab belt that I bought last year, so I might start wearing that for 20 minutes every night & see if it helps.. definitely need to start moisturising again! I've got loads of nice expensive moisturisers & firming creams here that I bought after having the baby so I've got no excuse!

Hope it shrinks back to fairly flat & doesn't leave me with any overhang :( I managed to get away with not having a caesarean pouch either so hope that stays away.

I have a major post pregnancy belly pooch and my little girl is 15 months :(

I might try a belt when I have some spare money. I think my OH has a male one, what's the difference?

I have a major post pregnancy belly pooch and my little girl is 15 months :(

I might try a belt when I have some spare money. I think my OH has a male one, what's the difference?

I don't think there's much difference, but I'm not 100% sure? My OH has the men's slendertone & all I've noticed is that his has higher power settings.

Back