Bemused, disappointed, and annoyed!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Mr Gilbo, 16 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Mr Gilbo

Mr Gilbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    12st0lb(41.38%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Gained 4.5lbs this week.

How?! I know I didn't stick to the plan this week. But still I can't understand how I managed to gain so much. The one day off which was last Thursday turned into a week. So disappointed in myself. If there was bad food in the house then I would be eating it now! Grr

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Aww nver mind hun - a lady in our class gained 4lb last week and went on to lose 6lb this week!
    Sometimes its just your body and nothing to do with how good you have been x

4. Gettingthinnerbytheday

Gettingthinnerbytheday Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just how far off plan were you??? You said the one day turned into a week, that for me would be the reason why.

Get on plan 100% & hopefully you will shift it on next weeks WI :)

5. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    If I go even a little off plan I put weight on. Just get back on plan 100% and it will be off in no time :)

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with Allie. I've always found that a sudden increase in 'crap' (for want of a better word) after eating healthily makes my body retain water like crazy. So don't worry, just climb back on the wagon, plan your meals for the coming week and look forward to a great loss next week!

7. Mr Gilbo

Mr Gilbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    12st0lb(41.38%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well lets see what this week will bring. Back on it tomorrow. Just kicking myself that I didn't draw a line under Thursday and start again on Friday. Oh well.

8. libra77

libra77 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nevermind, you can draw a line under it now and start afresh tomorrow. As the girls have said try and stick to plan 100% for the next week and that gain will soon be off. Wishing you luck.

9. Alia

Alia Silver Member

Start Weight:
    31st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(33.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I know from experience that its so easy to put on in a week if you have been on plan and then have a bad time. My record for putting on weight is 9lbs and I was totally mortified.

This shows the importance of making sure that a bad day does n't turn into a bad week. Draw a line under this, learn by it and I'm sure that next week you will lose all that you gained and plus more.

It happens to us all at times, don't beat yourself up, at least you know where you went wrong and can start a fresh.

Alia xxx

10. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Just think that sticking to the plan like normal = weight loss, having a week off plan = weight gain!

It shouldn't depress you and make you want to binge, it should kick you up the bum and make you stick with it! It may even be possible that your body can have a bit of a funny turn for whatever reason and be back to normal the next week. But there is absolutely no reason to gain even more because you had a bad week. A woman in my class had a 6lb gain 1 week and then an 11lb loss the week after! Whether it was her body or the scale having a funny five we don't know but it worked itself out in the end.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.