Berrys slimming world diary!!

Berry85

Hi everyone just starting out on slimming world today, tried before but went way off track and now back where I started! Doing it online and so thought I would start this thread as I don't go to a group!

My starting weight it 9stone 8.5 pounds, doesn't seem like a massive amount but I'm 5ft2 and quite small framed so need to lose about 1-1.5 stones I think!

Hoping to lose 1-2lbs a week and keep it off this time, think I will try to keep a food diary on here so I have to be honest and hopefully get a kick up the ass when I need it!!

Not too sure how to go about it, does anyone plan ahead what they are going to eat for each meal etc on a particular day or do u just 'go with the flow'? I find that if I don't plan what He's to have etc at the start of the day I end up either eating too many/not enough! Would be interested to see what other members do? Any advice greatly appreciated! :D

I try to decide what meals I'm having at least for 3/4 days, then that way you can shop for those ingredients and you know what to cook. I tend to shop either on Mon or Tue, then go again on Fri/ Sat. I've tried the weekly shop but some stuff just doesn't last!

Nearly forgot!

Welcome!

Thanks arctic....definitely think being prepared is the key, I end up leaving it til I'm starving then want to eat crap!x

Hiya! Welcome & good luck :)

I usually plan a week of meals, with back ups & snacks then kinda go with the flow day by day! If I'm too strict hubby gets grumpy lol ;)

XxX

Thanks arctic....definitely think being prepared is the key, I end up leaving it til I'm starving then want to eat crap!x

I know what you mean there, I get extremely grumpy and there is an urgency to getting something to eat, it might not be something good.

I'm getting better at eating regularly so as to avoid those situations.

I find lunch time the worst, so I've forced myself to be prepared. Which goes against everything in my body!! And I have to walk past the bacon butty van :( But it works, I know I have what I have & that's it, no tempting "treats".

It's learning when your naughty times are and finding ways to be good! (I should follow my own advice lol). For example - I know I get snack happy if I work late so I keep something on plan with me just incase. Even if I don't eat it, I know I'm ok.

XxX

So day one, decided to try extra easy...

Breakfast:
Muller light and berries (was in a hurry!)

Lunch:
Baked potato with beans, cheese (Hea) and side salad

Snack:
3 ryvita cracked black pepper (Heb) with branston pickle (1 syn)
Black tea with 1 sugar (1 syn)
Alpen light bar (3 syns)

Dinner:
SW chicken chow mein

Might use some syns on some chocolate with a cup of tea later!

Think I will try a red day tomorro as feel like I'm not eating enough superfree with ee....any comments/guidance welcome!!xx

Back