Best BMI to head for!

Hiya all,
I originally set my ticker to get me to 10stone (started 4th January at 14stone 6lbs). I've just been checking the BMI thingywhatsy and I will be just overweight at 10 stone so I have now set it to go 10lbs lighter which will put my BMI at 23.8 which seems more healthy.

What do people think and how have you calculated where you think you should stick your end goal weight?
I must be mad because I've just added another 10lbs to my goal weight but just want to do it right and be healthy.

Comments on a postcard please!lol
Tansyx

I have no set goal when I feel that I am finished then I will go up the plans and hopfully maintain

I think go with what makes you feel good!

I am 5ft 7 and could go as low as 9st 6, I would look stupid, I have photos of me at 11 stone, I am a size twelve and look really healthy, go with what you want!! good luck

Total Lost so far 14.5 pounds :D

Sarah Lou

i totaly agree with sarah lou, every one is different and althought they say a healthy bmi is between 20 and 25, I am aiming originally to 12st which is about a bmi of 28ish (need to check my ticker!) I'll see how am feeling with that and see if I am confident to go for it for another stone but I dont think I'll go below 11st. Last time I was that weight I too was size 12 and felt wonderful!
x

Totally agree with you ladies.

I have my ticker set for 10 stone - which I don't ever remember being. However when I was 12 stone - BMI 25.5 - I looked healthy but wouldn't have minded losing a little bit more.

So basically I'm going to get to about 11. 7ish and then watch it from there.

Go with how you feel and look, not by BMI cos not everyone looks their best at 'ideal' weight xx

I think the whole BMI is a lot of rubbish. I am 5ft * and I am currently just under 17st. My ideal weight is according to BMI is about 11.5 Stone which is ridiculus as I have a very large frame.

I am aiming to get to around 14st at which I will be in good shape and look good.

interesting question...

I'm aiming for a BMI of between 20 & 25, which is 22.5 making me 8st 7lb. (I'm only 5ft)

So thats what I'm aiming for, but I see what you mean by see how you feel - I might get to 9st 7lb and be happy at that. See how I feel I think :)

I agree it depends on how you feel, if i loose too much weigh i will probably end up looking like a lollipop that looks malnurished. So for me I will see how I feel when I reach my 12 stone goal, I'm 5ft 3'

I wanted to be the lower end of my ideal BMI so that when we finish and fill our glycogen stores back up (usually about 5-7lbs weight (not inches)) I will be just below the middle. Originally I was aiming for 10 stone, but about week 6 I changed it to 9stone as I knew at that point that it was achieveable!

Hi just seen this while treying to keep myself distracted :D , could I pooint outs something I was told the sixth week of my medical degree BMI is pretty damn useless....it doesn't take natural build into account, Brad Pitt has a BMI of 28 and George Clooney is technically obese.....and half the men in the world would give their right arm to look like them. It's only an indicator. Look at things like your size, shape, blood pressure and body fat percentage.
Mick

Back