Best cooking apparatus? Frying pans for Fry Light?!

Skulldilocks

Gold Member
Hi there, this is going to be really weird but I am moving into a new place soon (I'm a youngun) and want to make sure I get pans and pots that aren't going to burn due to a lack of oil.

Maybe I am just bad at cooking but at my parent's house the other day I cooked fried eggs using lots of Fry Light on a stainless steel frying pan and it just burned majorly and blackened the pan!

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good wok/frying pan, thats vaguely cheap and can take the heat :)

You really need to look for non stick pans. Tefal do a good range reasonably priced x

I won't use Fry Light on steel pans unless they're having something fluid in like a casserole, stew curry etc. I dont let the OH use Fry Light on my stainless frying pan, it's got to be non-stick.

Ive already consigned my roasting trays to be smothered on black round the ages forever and I always line the tray with foil before I roast anything in a tray. It destroys your pans if you let it get hot and dry :(

Like the post above said tefal are quite good and well priced. But anything that is non stick will do for your first place, when I first moved out I just got things i could afford but that would do the job, as I knew once I started using them I would be able to figure out what I was actually using them for and what sort of things I wanted so then replace them when it suited me. Also if you are near ikea they do a set of non stick pans which are really cheap which are still going strong for me 2 years down the line. Places like sainsburys often have deals on their cooking stuff and for a supermarket is quite good quality and heavy!

Thanks for all your tips guys, Unfortunately the stainless steel pan was all that was available at the time, mother wasnt impressed haha!
I shall definitely look out in the supermarkets for this then and will definitely be covering every baking tray I own, I'm such a clean freak :p

Sorry, didnt know where to put it!

another vote for tefal here, the ones with the red spot in the middle. we made the mistake of getting some really cheap non stick ones when we moved out and the black coating all came off!

My tip is save up for an actifry! It basically replaces 90% of all frying pan needs. I do everything in it, sausages, stirfry etc. I only use my pan for omlettes which i don't have that often.

Get a good non-stick pan and you shouldn't need to use frylight at all. In factI wouldn't as it damages the non-stick surface. I like cooks essentials pans off qvc - you can try them for a month and send then back if you don't like them :)

Agree with all here - Tefal are the way to go! I have a large one I use for all my stir frys and omelettes etc. Did you know Tefal does a tiny pan called One Egg Wonder. I have two! They are great for doing fried eggs. The eggs are perfect! I use mine everyday and they dont burn or blacken :)

Do you have a shop called the original factory shop near you?? I'm up in the rubble valley and got a flyer through the door the other day a set of teal none stick pans Ibthink it was a frying pan and 2 saucepans of the top of my head was £120 down to £30 might be worth checking out if you have one near you x

Sainsbury's had an offer on cooking pans last week, Tefal seen to be the most popular, I have the one egg pan and it's great, I always wipe it out with a cloth sprayed with crisp & dry to coat the surface after each use, the surface is as new!
They also do better quality frying pans about £12-00 for a 8-10" one heavy aluminium with a oven-proof handle, brilliant! last a lifetime...

Back