Extra Easy Best dinners for massive change

lucee47

Hi all, i understand that slimming sorld is done the healthy way and is nothing like crash dieting so would love to stick to it, but i need to lost 3.5 lbs a week until may as its my birthday and i refuse to go out if i still look like this, i feel disgusting.. But just wondering what my best options are for the speediest weight loss, or big losses each week whilst still sticking to SW. I've been having weatabix, red milk ad sweetener for breakfast... Fruit, muller light, and raw carrots for lunch.. (Also been having a mugshot too but i feel like this is slowing me down??) and for dinner been having brown rice with tenderstem broccoli, with a bit of soy sauce.. And every other day having chicken with it.. Is this my best option? Or anyone else got anything? Id really appreciate the help!! Thank you!xxxx

On VLCD you lose 3lbs a week steadily after the first few big losses...on slimming world and other healthy eating plans 1-2lbs is an excellent loss. Remember 1lbs equates to 3500 calories! So the only way to eat well and lose that much would be to exercise like mad!!! I
Completely understand wanting to feel comfortable with yourself right now, but nice steady losses long term will mean you get to enjoy your new figure forever!!! Good luck!!! Xxx

It sounds like you aren't eating enough at all for sw! If you want to lose 3.5lbs a week then sw isn't the way to do it unfortunately.

Oh my gosh, your deffo not eating enough, rice and broccoli for dinner is not good for you, there is no protein. Have a look through some of the recipes and fill your plate up on all those lovely superfree :) x

I agree with the above poster, tbh it doesnt sound like you are following SW at all hun, thats a very small amount of food, and not very balanced. Maybe have a look at some of the VLCD (very low calorie diet) forums here and see if one of those diets would suit you better? They might be able to give you some advice on following a VLCD in a healthy way.

I agree with the other posters that if you want to lose 3.5lbs a week, a VLCD (e.g, Cambridge, Exante, Lighter Life) is the way to go. As I'm sure you already know, these are meal replacement plans that will ensure that you get the right balance of nutients, vitamins etc while losing weight at a rapid pace. You're not getting nearly enough of either currently - which will harm your health in the long run. Not to mention that what you are eating sounds very restrictive. I'd be both starving and bored if I were in your shoes!

As others have pointed out, SW is designed to help you lose weight at a moderate 1-2 lbs a week. It's a change of lifestyle plan not a crash diet. Success Express (where 2/3 of every meal is superfree) can give you a boost but is not intended to be the default plan.

You are just not going to get a 3.5 loss week-in week-out if you follow SW. Sorry but you're not. I'd honestly look into a VLCD if you're after those kind of losses.

Good luck to you.

No you won't, not if you follow them properly. You're no more likely to gain weight after a VLCD than any other diet

There's been lots of tests /medical proof that vlcd mean ur body goes into starvation mode so as soon as you eat normally again the weight goes back on again
Plus... With vlcd you don't learn how to eat well but in a healthy + moderate way.

There's been lots of tests /medical proof that vlcd mean ur body goes into starvation mode so as soon as you eat normally again the weight goes back on again
Plus... With vlcd you don't learn how to eat well but in a healthy + moderate way.

Surely this depends entirely on what "normal eating" is to you? If someone who became very overweight by eating a very high fat and sugar diet with little exercise, goes on a vlcd and loses the weight, then back to their previous "normal" way of eating,then yes they will regain the weight. However that isn't due to the vlcd, that is due to an unhealthy diet.

Vlcd's have specific refeeding parts to them that gets the body used to eating food again, if after the refeeding the person follows a healthy balanced diet with an active lifestyle there is a no reason whatsoever why they should regain the weight they've lost.

There are plenty of people who have lost a lot on a vlcd and then followed the refeed program and done quite well-you only have to take a look at the inspirational thread x

8lbs down 36.5lbs to go :)

As someone who's done both sw and Cambridge I have to say a vlcd does nothing to teach you the error of your ways as you're essentially starving yourself during the diet ( which cant go on forever!) At least with slimming world I have learnt to cook in a healthier way without all the fat oil etc....and this is now something I can carry through with me in the future.
I think losing 1-2lbs a week is nice and steady and nothing to be sniffed at. Would recommend slimming world to anyone.
As for speeding up your weight loss you could go down the success express route which I'm pretty sure other people have advised. Just try not to starve yourself as it might make you go the other way! ( been there done that...haha)

oh and drink loads of water ... This helps me lots x

Sorry I have to disagree. Your body DOESN'T go into starvation. It goes into ketosis - totally different.

2nd point also wrong. If you follow a VLCD then refeed as per your diets plan then you learn a lot about eating well, amd healthily.

For every person who regains weight there'll be people who regain weight after SW. It's not how you lose weight that determines if you'll keep it off. It's how you handle maintenance.

There are as many VLCD success stories as there are SW ones

Very true different strokes for different folks! Vlcd just didn't work for me in the long run as I ended up very poorly with gallstones after I'd lost my weight, so had to stop doctors orders. I do however know a lady that lost 3 stone on a vlcd and has kept it off since. Different things just work for different people x

Yes different strokes indeed! I lost 10 stone on lighter life and kept weight off for 1-2 years now I have 4 stone to lose again! Maintenance is the tricky part! I hopped back on and off vlcds for a while but to no avail! That is where I finally decided I needed a lifestyle change and lesson!! So I am doing slimming world now! Has been a challenge as I am used to big losses and no food when dieting which I got a buzz from I have to say! But now I'm settling into steady losses and healthy eating and looking to long term I feel confident I can keep this up!!! I say you gotta do what works for you and there is a place for each diet! But long term, this is what I personally needed.

It doesnt look like you are following sw as you are Eating very little if you want to follow sw 1-2 lb a week Is the lost you can expect from sw but it Is not a quick fix diet it Is designed to be a healthy plan for life and it has totally changed my Eating habits if you want to lose weight quicker other diets may be a better option short term xxx

Back