Best Holiday You've Been On?

our best holiday was last christmas, miami, fort lauderdale and orlando plus 10 day cruise round caribbean and south america.
going on the panama canal was amazing:D:D

dragon27 said:
our best holiday was last christmas, miami, fort lauderdale and orlando plus 10 day cruise round caribbean and south america.
going on the panama canal was amazing:D:D

Oh that sounds fab!!! Yeah it was Fort Lauderdale we were in, my brother was working on the millionaires yachts fixing them after the hurricane in 2006 so we flew over before Christmas that yr to show him his new niece, aw to see how the other half lived was fab, I'd have killed for one of those yachts!!!! We went to miami for the day an it was lively would love to see more of it tho! The cruise sounds amazing, my husband would love to do a cruise, I think I'd be too afraid of the water!!

Flibsey said:
I'm not hugely well tavelled.
leuven in belgium is stunning.
normandy was rainy and boring for me as an 11 year old
the south of france was sunny, beautiful and relaxing for my honeymoon.

best holiday though...? got to be last year in norfolk. 1 week in a self catered chalet with hubby and daughter and the most fun i have had in years.

my favorit bit was nearly falling into a broad off the back of a hired boat while trying to pick blackberries as a snack lol.

I've never been to Normandy or Norfolk, so you should consider yourself pretty well travelled Hun :)

I agree south of France is lovely, went there as a kid x

Flibsey said:
I'm not hugely well tavelled.
leuven in belgium is stunning.
normandy was rainy and boring for me as an 11 year old
the south of france was sunny, beautiful and relaxing for my honeymoon.

best holiday though...? got to be last year in norfolk. 1 week in a self catered chalet with hubby and daughter and the most fun i have had in years.

my favorit bit was nearly falling into a broad off the back of a hired boat while trying to pick blackberries as a snack lol.

I was in France as a child and loved it, must take my children there some summer! I've hardly been in England much with the exceptions of London, Manchester, Blackpool & Birmingham, would like to see more of it!

I went to Cuba in 2009 which was amazing. The people were the best I've met & I made some life long friends.*

I was in Egypt in October, in Sharm. The hotel was great, hot weather, great food & fab cocktails. I've never laughed so much in my life, but that was down to the company :)

LisaC said:
I went to Cuba in 2009 which was amazing. The people were the best I've met & I made some life long friends.*

I was in Egypt in October, in Sharm. The hotel was great, hot weather, great food & fab cocktails. I've never laughed so much in my life, but that was down to the company :)

Yeah I'd love to go to Egypt, know lots who've been to Sharm and loved it, definitely going on my list of places to go!

I loved NY! It was a surprise birthday present from my other half. We had an amazing time and now I love shouting 'we've been down that street!' every time there's a film on (they always film the same bits it seems!)

I also went to Egypt last year and our hotel and pool was awful so we spent every day at the beach snorkelling. The fish are AMAZING! I lost 8lb's and my oh lost 13lbs our hotel was so bad, we survived on bread rolls for 2 weeks and drank 6litres of water a day each! I struggle to have more than 4 glasses of fluid a day at home. can't even explain how hot it was tho. I love heat but it was like being followed with a hairdryer at night and I couldn't lay in the sun in the day, had to lay in the shade. We had a good time tho and you just can't believe all the fish. We got some disposable underwater cameras and so glad we did coz we managed to capture some lovely fishy pics :)

I love the US in general, and have been countless times, but for my 18th my parents took me for two weeks to Orlando, Key Largo and Miami. It was amazing, and one holiday I will never forget.

In Orlando we went to Discovery Cove. Swimming with dolphins was something I have always wanted to do, and I loved every minute of it!! I'd love to go back and go it again one day, it was truely amazing.

Then we travelled to Key Largo, where we stayed in the Hilton Beach Resort. It was fantastic!! You literally stepped out of the hotel and were on the beach. As if Discovery Cove wasn't astonishing enough though, my dad and I rented a kayak one day and went onto the ocean. We were out there for about half an hour, when a pod of wild Dolphin dived right past us! We only saw them for a few minutes - there was a boat with paragliding tours which seemed to scare them off - but it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm getting shivers just thinking about it now :eek:

Then we went over to Miami for the last few days. Again, absolutely fantasctic!! Those of you who know me know I love tattoos. Now, I'm a big fan of the TV show Miami Ink, and have probably seen just about every episode, along with LA Ink and London Ink. So it was fantastic when we actually got to visit the shop!! Ami and the guys weren't there (I read that they only actually work there whilst they're filming, and that they have employees that work for them), but it was amazing nonetheless! My dad bought me a vest which had been designed and signed by Ami James, which I still have now.

All in all it was just such a wonderful holiday. I got to do/see things that I never thought I would! I'm lucky to have such lovely parents and to be so well travelled for such a young age. This is truely one holiday I will always look back on with fond memories! Will try and upload some pictures later on :)

Princess_Stevie we're off to the Keys on November & I'm so looking forward to it. There is so much to do there. Hopefully we'll get to Miami for a day. But saying that everytime we go to Florida we say we'll go to Miami but never do, anyway we just might this time:D

I've got to agree Florida is one of the best holiday destinations & as a tourist they definately look after you.:D

I love the US in general, and have been countless times, but for my 18th my parents took me for two weeks to Orlando, Key Largo and Miami. It was amazing, and one holiday I will never forget.

In Orlando we went to Discovery Cove. Swimming with dolphins was something I have always wanted to do, and I loved every minute of it!! I'd love to go back and go it again one day, it was truely amazing.

Then we travelled to Key Largo, where we stayed in the Hilton Beach Resort. It was fantastic!! You literally stepped out of the hotel and were on the beach. As if Discovery Cove wasn't astonishing enough though, my dad and I rented a kayak one day and went onto the ocean. We were out there for about half an hour, when a pod of wild Dolphin dived right past us! We only saw them for a few minutes - there was a boat with paragliding tours which seemed to scare them off - but it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm getting shivers just thinking about it now :eek:

Then we went over to Miami for the last few days. Again, absolutely fantasctic!! Those of you who know me know I love tattoos. Now, I'm a big fan of the TV show Miami Ink, and have probably seen just about every episode, along with LA Ink and London Ink. So it was fantastic when we actually got to visit the shop!! Ami and the guys weren't there (I read that they only actually work there whilst they're filming, and that they have employees that work for them), but it was amazing nonetheless! My dad bought me a vest which had been designed and signed by Ami James, which I still have now.

All in all it was just such a wonderful holiday. I got to do/see things that I never thought I would! I'm lucky to have such lovely parents and to be so well travelled for such a young age. This is truely one holiday I will always look back on with fond memories! Will try and upload some pictures later on :)

Sounds fab, def get some pictures up!!

Stayed in Varadaro in Cuba.The people were great.They could not do enough for you.And no mcdonalds or coca cola. However you did not miss them. would go again. and it is also the cheapest carribean island to go to.
Not a lover of Egypt, don't like the pressurised sales just walking down the street.Also had a stomach bug and over 200 mozzy bites.this is the only place i've ever suffered them.This could be why i was not impressed.

The shopping in orlando can not be beat and wish customer service was half as good here.
Tunisia last year was brilliant, flew out on the first flights after their uprising, and again a great relaxed holidays.Where the people could not do enough for you.:)

Oh that sounds fab!!! Yeah it was Fort Lauderdale we were in, my brother was working on the millionaires yachts fixing them after the hurricane in 2006 so we flew over before Christmas that yr to show him his new niece, aw to see how the other half lived was fab, I'd have killed for one of those yachts!!!! We went to miami for the day an it was lively would love to see more of it tho! The cruise sounds amazing, my husband would love to do a cruise, I think I'd be too afraid of the water!!

Vanilla if only we could afford one of the homes that goes with the yachts.How lucky are they to be living in that enviroment.
so jealous:jelous:
We stayed on south beach in miami, that area is good for a diet it cost £18 for a malibu and coke and a bottle of bud,I have never seen as many people jogging etc like they do in miami, they all seem superfit.

I went to Australia last year for a month & love it - my favourite country definitely. Sydney is my joint favourite city in the world I think (although I could take or leave Melbourne!).

For a city break, New York is my fave - just planning my fourth trip there for this November / December! I think as soon as you get there you feel completely at home as it's just so familiar.

I spent 3 weeks travelling around the west coast of America a couple of years ago & that was amazing too - LA, San Diego, Vegas, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, San Francisco etc... amazing holiday!

Back