Best low carb flour

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
Ok, so I'm going to do an online shop at holland and barratt because they didnt have any flax in my local store, and I'm packing all weekend and honestly dont have time to go looking for the stuff.

I was going to order soy or whey protine isolate powder because I remember seeing a lot of recipes somewhere that called for either or in making bread, pizza bases etc (cant for the life of me remember the website now! so if anyone knows of one then let me know! lol!)

Anyone have any experience of cooking with either? Just wondering if there worth the money.

Cheers :)

i sometimes use a bit of soya flour in a direct swap were you would use wheat flour. it does have quite a strong taste, some things have worked, some have been revolting!

Soya flour makes me yakk. I like most soya products but the flour - shudder.

Soya flour makes me yakk. I like most soya products but the flour - shudder.

I'm still sniggering! :p

Perhaps I'll just give it a miss and stick to flax, almond and coconut flour!

Ok, so I'm going to do an online shop at holland and barratt because they didnt have any flax in my local store, and I'm packing all weekend and honestly dont have time to go looking for the stuff.

I was going to order soy or whey protine isolate powder because I remember seeing a lot of recipes somewhere that called for either or in making bread, pizza bases etc (cant for the life of me remember the website now! so if anyone knows of one then let me know! lol!)

Anyone have any experience of cooking with either? Just wondering if there worth the money.

Cheers :)

Google 'fake atkins bake mix' and several very interesting and much cheaper recipes will appear! They include the whey protein isolate and work out peanuts in costs compared to the 'real thing'.

I often mix soya flour with almond flour (ground almonds) and/or oat flour as this has a lot of 'body' and tastes much better than soya flour, alone.

Also Google 'linda's low carb recipes' for a great site full of yummy ideas.

'low carb luxury' is another site with fab recipes. wonderful site that had a magazine too at one time but Lora who ran it got very ill. I still check from time to time to try and find out how she is. Her story is on the site.

Also 'low carb in the uk' which has the very best low carb bread recipe EVER. There are hand-made and bread machine versions, and it is the closest thing to genuine bread I have ever found in the low carb world!

Just remembered 'low carb connoisseur' - again, great site, great recipes.

Get baking ha ha!

Back