Best low-fat chinese take away options??

Hi guys,

my friends are coming over on Friday for a dvd and chinese night (chinese they're choice!:eek:)

Just wondered if anyone on Xenical has a chinese without ne nasty side effects?

And if peeps could recommend what they order that has lowest fat?? Still wanna take my tabs that that day but dont wanna have any embarrassing moments in front of the peeps! lol!

I was planning on having:

*some chicken chow mein (as read that prawn chow-mein is best but i dont like seafood! so this is 2nd best)

*some boiled rice

*a veg dish

with a few spoonfulls of curry sauce. (its what i used to have on slimming world!)

I know its better not to have takeaway! but it gives me something to look forward to all week and be good for!

Chinese takeaway tips then please guys!

xxxx

Hi Yummy Mummy :)

I like to treat myself to a chinese takeaway once a month and I usually order chicken with ginger and spring onions with boiled rice... so far I haven't had any problems with side effects :)

I used to love the curry sauce but it has a very high fat content so I've been giving it a miss:cry:

Hope you have a great night! :)

thanks Claire, I'll give that a try! sound yummy! think im gonna risk the 2 table spoons of curry sauce tho...isnt it a bit dry otherwise?

xxxx

p.s sorry I meant "Clare!" I HATE it when people spell my name wrong and ive just gone and done it to you when its infront of me! Doh! xxxx

I think chicken chop suey is ok?
Maybe the sweet and sour sauce may be better than the curry? :sign0163:

do i spell your name correct? You have me worried now lol!!

love the chinese ideas !!!

I had Prawns in oyster sauce with boiled rice and steamed veg. I have to say it was pretty bland. I used to love sea salt chilli pork, king prawn balls, deep fried shredded chilli beef and seaseme prawn toast with satay sauce..... just a distant memory!!!

I have chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts with boiled rice , although to be honest I can't remember the last time we had a take away lol
I'd be careful with the chow mein though, I ordered it once thinking that because its noodles it would be ok, except that it was really greasy and I couldn't eat it :(
Just remember that the majority of foods in a Chinese take away have been fried in a wok ( including chow mein).

thanks guys, gonna go for boiled rice with chicken in ginger (thanks New Clare!) gonna go for the 2 tablespoons of curry and possibly even a little bit of chow mein off my OH!!

i'll let you know how i get on! xxxx

Back