Best source(s) for GI diet info/explanation, please?

beelishy

......gettin' it done.
Hiya!

Im currently doing a VLCD and thinking very much about switching to something sustainable. I still have quite a lot to lose.

I got a Rosemary Conley book a few years ago where she discussed GI and GL and numbers and I got very confused.(lol) And the recipes in the back of the book required 745452345 ingredients and were quite a faff. I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old now and therefore minimal time for food prep.

I would reeeaaally like to follow this sort of diet as Im a vegetarian and I just think it will suit me very well. I had a gastric bypass in 2002 and lost 200lbs (but gained some back over the years) and sugar/carbs/fat dont agree with me so much anymore (although I force it...ugh). Anyway, enough is enough.

So my question is....what is the best source of info on how to get started and what it IS. I understand its to do with blood sugar....eating sorta "little and often" through the day to keep you on an even keel. But I need to learn a lot more. So what books/websites/resources can you recommend?

I really appreciate any help, info or adice you can share with me! Thank you!! :)

Hi, this part of the site has been quiet since i started the gi diet but from what iv read Rick Gallop seems to be the man! i bought that book and his way of understanding the gi diet is easy as he has colour coded the correct foods to eat! i also struggled coz i too am a vegetarian but im slowly getting the hang of it ... im not specifically aiming to loose weigh on this diet, i am a type 1 diabetic and i want better blood sugar control .. i can safely say the diet works as my blood sugars have been amazing and im never hungry and dont feel as tired!

xxx

Quorn is a great GL food. Turkey, fish and chicken are good proteins for GL too. Keep portions to 80-100g. It might not look much but it is more than enough. Slice thinly and it looks a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back