Best sweetener

Dirtycellar

I take sugar in tea and have made the switch to half spoon stuff which is very nice but grieves ne to use syns on it. What's the best sweetener in terms of taste? Tried those pill sweeteners and were yuk!!

I think the sucralose based ones are the best eg Splenda or the supermarket own-brand versions of it which are much cheaper

Circes said:
I think the sucralose based ones are the best eg Splenda or the supermarket own-brand versions of it which are much cheaper

Are they granulated or pill type?

Splenda is the nicest one, I use a cheap pill sweetner (you need an extra one to what you normally have so 2 sugars = 3 cheap sweetner)

but at meeting I had a coffee with splenda and omg mmmm since then i switched to splenda

I use the Tesco one, its like a very light powder but actually tastes ok to other sweetners that ive tasted. Its has a red label, cant think how much it was now. I might just try Splenda though?

I use Splenda tabs for my coffee & the cheaper Tesco granulated sweetener for cooking

I think Splenda is definately the best, but I only use it for cooking etc.

Hi i have tried most of them and the best ones that i have come across and are using are hermesetas ones as they dont have that artificial taste. They are tablets but i find them fine in tea. I brought mines in waitrose. sweetex is also good x

I'm going to have to go against the grain and say Canderel :)
Your best bet is to try a few as everyone is different! It took me 4 months to find my favourite 'light' cheese by just picking up a different brand each time until i found one i liked
xxxx

I use Sweetex pill type ones in my tea. Personally, I can't really tell any difference. If any of my family accidentally pick up my tea, they all spit it out. I live in a family of such drama queens!!

HelsAngel said:
I use Sweetex pill type ones in my tea. Personally, I can't really tell any difference. If any of my family accidentally pick up my tea, they all spit it out. I live in a family of such drama queens!!

That'd be me lol

My favoutite by far is the Silver Spoon Sweetness and light granulated. I used to have 2 sugars in tea before SW and I hated all sweetners I tried when I stopped having sugar. This one actually tastes like sugar, not so keen on the little cubes of the same brand but I can cope with the granulated one lol, think it's about £1.40 ish for a big jar if I remember rightly :)

Back