Which Sweetener?

MohairMoggy

Hi there.

I've been having sweetener in my tea for probably 10 years plus. Having tried lots of different types I finally decided on Hermasetas for my tea, deciding that for me it tasted most like sugar.

Now I'm not a baker so I don't really require granulated sweetener to bake with but I do like sugar on my porridge. I have porridge most mornings for breakfast as I'm finding it's the only thing that will fill me up enough. I've been using syns on sugar but now I'd like to cut out those syns & switch to sweetener. My only problem is trying to find one which will taste most like sugar.

I know everyones taste is different but I was just wondering which granulated sweetener YOU prefer?

Many thanks.

I have no idea as I don't use them (helpful aren't I? lol) my first thought was maybe try honey as its naturally sweeter than sugar you might not need as much so you still get your sweetness and maybe reducing syns. I'm not sure of the actual syn comparison though.

You could try having read of this thread, where the question had been asked before https://www.minimins.com/threads/sw...-sweeteners-make-me-so-ill-help-meeee.349901/

My issue isn't taste but texture of sugar that i miss. Sweeteners appear to have far improved in taste since the little tablets of sour sweet.
I find even the granulated ones though are airy powdery stuff and it dissolves in a drop. It lacks that crunch and graininess

Back