Best way to mix shakes and soups?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lou49, 28 September 2006 Social URL.

1. lou49

lou49 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Have a blender but it isn't so good and useless when you put in icecubes. Any recommendations out there? I know Mike recommends the Argos one (and I have some Nectar points I could use) but anything simpler and cheaper?
    Thanks - Louise
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. HorseyCarrie

HorseyCarrie Full Member

I got a handheld blender when I was doing Cambridge and that works a treat. If you use ice then it is probably best to crush the ice in a pestle and mortar first, otherwise, like happened to me, the thing smokes and the blade breaks!! I can't stand the lumps so I always have to use the handblender (whisk it quickly first). I have just bought a mini battery one on ebay as well.
  4. boofaloo

boofaloo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Exante and exercise
    i use a blender - mine cost £20 for asda and is glass. It says it is suitable for crushing ice and i have to say hasnt let me down yet!!!

I cant stand lumpy shakes. YUCK
  5. Gill-cdthing

Gill-cdthing Gone, but who cares huh

i use a hinari genie from TJ Huges 19.99, its excellent and has the bonus that the only washing up is the cup you make it in,
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.