best way to use syns on chocolate?

sweet-like-coco

Hi everyone I join Slimming world on MONDAY!! cant wait! I will be going to the Potters Bar meeting is anyone else going to that one?

Ok so I am a big chocolate lover especially after dinner in the evening. I like rich milk chocolate like dairy milk but i have heard that is 13 syns per bar which is too much. What other chocolate can I have that is around 6-7 syns?

Curly wurlys are low in syns (6) but when I have a choc bar I treat myself to a cadburus twirl (11) well worth it for a choccy fix!

This is how I have been getting my chocolate fix lately and its working so far!

I use Nutella (15g - 4 syns) on my wholemeal bread with banana on top, my bread is my HE B and the banana is free and its really filling!....all washed down with a big mug of tea

Theres a recipe for homemade ferrero rocher in the recipe thread on here that looks yum, been meaning to try it myself. And each one only 1 syn!

So far, I have avoided using syns during the day, so I have something nice after dinner - last night it was an Mint Aero, the night before a Crunchie, or if I have used some syns on other things, it will be a Cadbury Fudge, Curly Wurly or a 2 finger Kit Kat.

Having my chocolate fix means I never feel deprived.

Theres a recipe for homemade ferrero rocher in the recipe thread on here that looks yum, been meaning to try it myself. And each one only 1 syn!

I've made them quite a few times, I use Cadbury's chocolate spread instead of Nutella, gives them a more chocolatier taste :drool:

The only downside is you don't really get your chocolate fix from just 1 of them and you end up eating quite a few.....well I do anyway lol

Wispa chocolate bars are 10.5 per bar so i stick them in the freezer and eat half each day. As cold it takes longer to eat and hits the chocolate spot every time xoxo

You CAN gave dairy milk... The little bars (come in multi packs) which are 21g each. They're 5.5 syns and because it's a while bar size (just a lot thinner!) I feel like I've had a proper bar of chocolate too. Oh, curly wurly's are good for this too!

From online calculator -
Crunchie (40g) - 9.5 syns

Nestle, Aero Milk, 9g bar 2½
Nestle, Aero Milk, 43g bar 11½
Nestle, Aero Milk, 31g bar 8½

Crunchie is 9.5 and I couldn't find the syns for the exact Aero bar I had (standard size - about 40g) so I syn'd it at 12.5 (website said 12.5 for a 46g bar)

Hi...how I get by this is by buying a decent bar of chocolate....melt 28 grams in microwave.and use it as a fondue.....dipping lots of chopped up fruit ie melon,pineaple,strawberries,banana etc

This way you feel like you've had lots more chocolate than u actually have, only used approx 6 syns and have filled up on speed.foods too! YUMMY!

bazrac said:
Hi...how I get by this is by buying a decent bar of chocolate....melt 28 grams in microwave.and use it as a fondue.....dipping lots of chopped up fruit ie melon,pineaple,strawberries,banana etc

This way you feel like you've had lots more chocolate than u actually have, only used approx 6 syns and have filled up on speed.foods too! YUMMY!

That's a really good idea!!

Sent from my iPad

Thanks! :) personally I love dark chocolate and using a high percentage cocoa one with strawberrys is to die for. Pure decadence and has helped me tremendously wi my 5stone loss wi sw x

I put curly wurleys in the freezer then bash them into little pieces and pour the bits into a bowl to eat a little piece at a time.

I have 200 ml oatily chocoalte milk(hexa or 100ml is 3 syns if not using as hex)heated as hot chocolate and have a kelloggs milk chocolate fibre plus(hexb or 5.5syns if not using as hexb) at 9pm every night for a huge chocolate fix and no syns.

Back