Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Best work-out?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by HappyEm, 14 March 2011 Social URL.

1. HappyEm

HappyEm Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ok, so I've only really started exercising again in the last couple of weeks and I'm in no way fit!. I thought it would be great to share what work-outs you do and what areas they work best on.
    I have the Charlie Brooks dvd for years and it's easy going, when you have a bit of time. I've just bought Vicky Entwistle's WOW dvd and I think it's brilliant!!. I love the way there's no complicated dance moves..and I really like the toning exercises at the end.
    And last but not least, I'm loving Billy Blank's Celebrity Cardio work-out..if he doesn't inspire you to jump around, there's no hope, lol.
    I'm going to start jogging a bit next week..maybe start out with alternating walking & jogging in the local park.
    I'd love to hear what works for other people.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I too have only really started exercise again in the last couple of weeks. Mine has consisted of the Debbie Rush Workout. I have a copy of the Hannah Waterman DVD that I used last time to loose all my weight. I think I will be returning to this one this week as I expected more than 4lbs loss in my first two weeks.

4. HappyEm

HappyEm Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hiya!
    Hannah Waterman lost a serious amount of weight, didn't she?. What's the trainer like who's doing the work-out with her?..that's why I like the WOW dvd, the guy is so smiley & encouraging, you'd barely notice the time going.
    Do you do any other exercise or do you do the dvd every day?

5. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I have been doing 4 times a week.

6. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
  7. welshgirl21

welshgirl21 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm going to the gym 3x a week (if I can) and also doing my Biggest Loser on the Wii which is hard going at times too. One workout I did burned 200 calories! It's not perfect and in some of the moves the sensor doesn't pick up your movements well like the skipping, but overall it's a good laugh. My next purchase is Just Dance 2 for the Wii as I played Just Dance on the weekend and it's so much fun and a great workout too.

8. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    im doing gym classes:
    body attack/combat/pump/jam, step and sometimes zumba.

just works everything :)

luckily i found an instructor that works you mega hard and is dedicated to her job

9. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I switched back to my Hannah Waterman DVD last night. 80 minutes of sweat. Its what I like. 4 times of that a week should produce some weight loss shouldnt it?

10. HappyEm

HappyEm Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.14%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks for the posts, it's interesting to see what everyone is up to. Lil Miss Sunshine, I reckon 80 minutes x 4 each week will DEFO help you lose weight!.
    Fair play to you both, gina_b and Welshgirl21, for getting to the gym. I'm coming home and just lashing in to the exercise without thinking about it..if I had to go later in the day, I probably would invent too many excuses!
    Aline, I had a look at Zuzana's work-outs..and all I can say is wow. Are you able to do all the moves?..it looks pretty hard. I'm going to go back later for another look. She has a body to die for!

11. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    I do some of her exercise challanges and usually I can make her moves, but I move slower than her, of course:p
    They're short workouts but very intense (from 10 to 30 minutes) and after 5 minutes I'm sweating like crazy and feeling my entire body burning, but thinking that it's only ~20 minutes of hell helps me to keep going;)

It's a great feeling of mission accomplished at the end :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.