Better to start somewhere than nowhere...

Well done you are doing great!

Thank you my love :)

I went for a walk today...no one was around for all of 30 seconds so tried to run, given that I haven't in a while. Bad move. Now have the worst blisters ever, Savlon'd beyond belief!

Can't wait until I have money to get proper fitted trainers and take some weight off my poor old feet and go swimming! (BTW Ladies, if any of you are in need of a swimming costume, SimplyBe are selling Zoggs for £28, and they're really very nice!)

Blah! I think the only draw back of Minimins (and other weight loss aids, like SparkPeople or WeightWatchers online) is that I just end up spending hours online, looking at ways to lose weight, but never doing anything! One of my main drives is to be more active, to be able to run a mile for instance without needing to stop after 100 yards or throwing my guts up.

How to manage internet motivation w/ real exercise times?

Wah! I wish the blister would stop hurting. The one on my right foot is absolutely fine (it didn't pop whilst I was wearing my shoes), but the other one (which did) is really horrible. If it doesn't get better by Sunday or Monday I'm not sure what I should do. I can't really go to A&E. I could try and go to the Minor A&E near me, but I get the feeling that'll be closed (I live in Lewisham, which is part of the doomed South London Healthcare Trust!)...

I need to go and get my boyfriend all the way from Euston tomorrow, so I hope it doesn't get worse! And that no one accidentally treads on my foot, because I will scream, and cry, and probably end up pushing someone underneath a train.

I won't really, but oh God the imaginary pain hurts me, let alone real pain!

I also wish I had the indoor space to do home workouts. :(

xxx

Just a quick update - quite a bit of Christmas scoffing, but not as bad as I could be. Most of the time felt very sick eating too much, particularly sugar, so I think it's my bodies way of telling me it really does like it when I eat all that salad, rather than all that (mince) pie!

Ordered some running socks so I can go jogging (yay!) and now have a swimming costume - I also have just invested in some (albeit cheapo) kettle bells. 2kg-8kg set!

I also got a low-GI diet book, so after I've used up my remaining slim and save think I might try and follow that. Low GI is definitely tempting (mainly 'coz it seems fairly common sense!)

Yay, the New Year! A new me :)

Exciting news! I have an interview with a fundraising organisation on Monday, to do street fundraising (which will be fairly nice and active, so should help with the losing weight) and I have been 'earmarked' for a really exciting apprenticeship!

So happy happy.

Exercise and dieting not going so well...I have a horrendously dicky tummy at the moment and all food seems to want to destroy it. I hope I'm not getting really sick, because that would suck.

I've gone from happy to sad about the interview. It has a lot to do with my weight and I'm not sure how confident I feel to be able to do the job. People asking me questions is fine, but approaching strangers and asking them for money...I don't know. I don't think I can do it.

I feel really **** right now. If I could, I'd eat all sorts of crap. :(

Back