Between You and Me

dm0191

This is about the gazillionth time I've started slimming world but I'm doing it at home this time (to save pennies). Unfortunately I gave my books away (stupid girl) so I'm just trying to remember and use this wonderful place to keep me right....

I'm better if i'm accountable so i'm figuring a wee food diary and random ramblings about how i'm finding the journey may help to keep me on track. I had a bit of 'practice week' last week where i tried but still allowed the odd snack and things.

I'm moving to Belgium at the end of the summer and starting a new job and would love to be feeling more confident with myself before I have to meet new people and start a new life.

But I've never ever achieved my goal weight so I'm not really setting one, I have a vague idea of about a stone to leave behind but I figure I'll know when I'm there and as long as it's down the way it'll be an improvement!

In my practice week I realized that the problem (always the same one for me) is too many B boxes - on green days I have 3 and on extra easy I have 2 - so I'm gonna try to cut down on these - I think mainly by having free breakfasts but they are so hard to think of when you don't have any time in the morning.

This morning I had Scrambled Eggs and beans - this was a good start I think!

Fingers crossed the rest of the week goes the same way - no plan yet so that's the next job!

Dxx

ok so my good intentions were totally ruined!!!

I went massively off the rails and decided I have to stop playing at diets!

I'm going to join a class tonight - i have five weeks before I leave for Belgium and if I focused I could lose half a stone and get my head back in the zone!

I'm feeling positive!

Today I have been for a swim before work - 35 lengths of a 25m pool in 30 minutes so not too bad (breast stroke but still!)

And then cereal for breakfast - healthy extra b but didn't weigh it so guess thats not counting
salad for lunch - had sweetcorn in it though so is that a syn?
muller light yoghurt - that seems to be never ending for a wee sweet treat.

Also have a pepper to nibble on and some cherries so should be fine until I make it home - night time is danger time, hopefully the class will inspire me.

And thanks Goldiesnoops - Good luck to you! It needs to be the last for me too so I'm cheering you on!

Yesterdays complete food diary:

Raisin Wheats (B) and Semi-Skimmed Milk (A) + 3 syns as a bit of a big helping
Chicken Salad - Free
Quorn Chilli Con Carne & Rice - free

Rocky Road HiFi Bar - new and binkin DELICIOUS!!! - 3 syns

Also joined class last night, was great to get the refresher of all the things I can actually eat so feeling positive :) although I do have a work lunch out today so not the best of second days.

Also i went to a different class than usual so different consultant who had different ways of saying things and a fresh perspective all round, happy happy!

Dxx

yesterdays food diary - pub lunch proved to be a challenge!!

Raisin Wheats (B) and Semi-skimmed Milk (a)
Beef lasagne and garlic bread at a local pub - counting 22 syns - trying to flexi syn for it but should have had a salad!
2 portions of pasta and quorn chilli - with grated cheese - 6 syns

Over the score on the syn front for me today but planning to be back on track today! Wednesdays are always my tricky day as I don't get home until 9pm cos i've got dutch class (ahead of the big move to Belgium).

I have to leave work too early for dinner but get home too late for dinner - to combat this I had 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup for breakfast with a teaspoon of butter (essential to yumminess) so I still have a free b box and I've brought in pasta to have before I leave if I'm hungry but a bit worried I wont be and then i'll be screwed, fingers crossed i don't reach for the macdonalds on the way home!

Dxx

Hi, just subscribing :)

Oh no, that must be hard having to resist donuts! You can do it, convince yourself they're disgusting lol (if only eh)

I am super proud to say i did resist the donuts.... however that was the beginning of the end! I then has paella from a street vendor at the start of the edinburgh fringe but i'm figuring that can't be that bad right?

Rice is free, chicken is free, peas and peppers free - but all that oil.... oops! I hadn't had my B box by then so I'm counting the oil as a healthy extra but think that may be stretching it a little bit.

Then a cheese toastie when i got home - my a box and sinned for the bread but still could have been better

thanks for subscribing - be nice to have someone to tell me off and cheer me on!

dxx

Wednesday food diary:

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs with 1 teaspoon butter - 1.5 syns
Lunch: pasta with quorn mince chilli (again!) - free
Dinner: paella from a street vendor - trying to claim this as my B box and the rest free but think it may be a stretch
Supper: 35g cheddar cheese (a) box and then 2 slices warburtons white bread 9 syns

Not so good again today then - total of 10.5 syns but truthfully probably a lot nearer 25 syns.... must try harder on wednesdays report card

Thursday food diary:

Breakfast: Raisin wheats (b) semi-skimmed milk (a)
Lunch: (bit of a disaster thanks to off salad) 1 orange pepper and a few cherry tomatoes - tiny slice of lidls chocolate cake (oh dear) 10 syns
Dinner: Pea & Ham soup from slimming world website
Supper: 1 rocky road hifi bar - 3 syns

Total syns: 13

The chocolate cake syns online say that it is 16 syns for a slice of cake that serves 6, but this cake was sliced to serve 8 so I've made a best estimate.

Actually not sure I ate enough yesterday - certainly not enough super free.

Also dreading first weekend back on plan - not sure i'll make it through without my usual crisps and sweets but will try my best, gonna try and come up with a proposed diary today as usually having a plan helps. Fingers crossed!

Being weighed on a Monday maybe wasn't the most sensible choice i've ever made!

Lost 1lb my first week - was a little disappointed but I wasn't 100% over the weekend and I'm feeling a little better now I've told myself that it's 1lb I've lost forever never to put on again.

Been good yesterday and plan to be good today even though it's the tricky day.

Yesterdays diary:

Breakfast = 2x boiled eggs
Snack: Raspberries
Lunch: Italian Chicken soup (recepie from magazine and little book of soups)
Snack: HiFi Light bar
Dinner: Roast tomato tart (from magazine) - 3 syns - added mozarella (a)
Dinner: Mince & Tatties - 1 syn (gravy)
Snack: HiFi Light Bar (b)

Drinks: Hot Ribena 4 syns - waste but had the cold and really needed it.

Total syns for the day: 8

Italian Chicken Soup is DELICIOUS!!!! Can't wait to have it today for my lunch - added a handful of macaroni to the recipie so really filling

Dxx

Well done on the loss, a loss is a loss at the end of the day :) sounds like you're doing really well and that you've got the right attitude to it all

popping by to subscribe, well done so far :) how did you make the tomato tart?
xx

Back