Bev - Round 2

Thanks for your kind words ladies. I will be glad when thursday is over and hopefully can start to actually believe that our friend has gone. Still don't believe it.

No more snow for us overnight. We're quite clear now, especially the roads etc. Some of the fields are still pretty white and it looks great. I walked in from work at 4pm last night and it was bitter. So strange to have this cold so early on. Does make me think about next year's sunny holiday though, roll on June!

Bev, you have had a rough time with grieving for your friend. Sudden loss is always so painful and such a shock to our systems. I hope you got to the funeral o.k with all the bad weather about. At least it will be a day where you can share your grief with others who loved him too. Take care of yourself.

Hope you're okay my love xx

Yes bring on June!!!!!! :D
Hope you are ok chick x

Thanks yet again ladies. We were able to get to the funeral, just. Hubby couldn't go as he was stuck on our hill and just couldn't move the car, it was so icy and thick with snow. I managed to walk down the hill and got a lift with my brother and mum and dad. The funeral was very upsetting but then, they all are. It was awful seeing my parents so upset, especially my dad. They were best mates and he's really struggling to come to terms with his loss. Bless him.

At least its starting to sink in now that he really has gone. We will all miss him terribly though.

Couldn't get into work on Friday cos of the snow, we never get snow like this down here! It was really thick and looked lovely, just a pain when it turns to ice! Really cold again today but just a really thick frost. Hopefully no more snow for us!

Hope everyone's OK.

What can we say??

You survived it ..... Just hope you can come to terms with it and go forward .... so sorry you're having to go through it at all!! :( xxx

I had a match for tomorrow night and thursday night cancelled and so that means i just have club night on Thurday to go to this week. Quite glad the matches were cancelled, don't want to risk getting stuck somewhere because of the weather.

I have also decided to go back to the gym in the new year. I haven't been for a while and they have lots of new equipment so will be trying to get back into that again. Hubby goes 3 times a week and still loves it. I have my holiday to think about next year so want to drop a few pounds a try to tone up. It's not a new years resolution or anything, I don't find they work so wont bother with that.

I will be walking in tonight after work and my daughter will be picking me up. It's going to be so cold but very nice. Love it when it's cold and fresh like this, just don't like the rain with it. It was -6 when we left for work this morning, the coldest day so far. We aren't forecast anymore snow so fingers crossed it warms up soon!

Quite a few degrees warmer today thankfully. A hard frost again today but only -2 this morning. I have the car today so no walk for me this evening. It's been so bitter walking in this weather though.

I have club night tonight. Would rather be staying home in the warm and not having to go out in this but there you go. Haven't had club for a few weeks so looking forward to it really.

Wont be having much for tea before club, never do. Hope everyone's keeping warm!

Driving home from work one morning last week Bev the car temperature said -6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: Its so flippin' cold aint it!

Hope you have fun tonight at club :) xxx

When we drove down south last friday, around Stafford it was -9!!!!! The windscreen washers never defrosted all the way!! xx

Jees!!!! :eek:

I can't remember it ever having been as cold as it has been. So glad it's warming up now though. 5 degrees this morning, what a difference. No iced up car and the roads all clear, lovely!

Had club night last night, not a lot of people there, it was our late night shopping last night so they were all there snapping up bargains I reckon. I've finished my xmas shopping, nothing else to buy now except for the big xmas shop. All pressies are wrapped and cards are written.

I lied, I do have 1 more pressie to get. It's secret santa at work and I have our accountant to buy for. Haven't a clue what to get her. We only have £10 to spend and I am stuck for ideas. Any help would be gratefully received!

Off out for a meal tonight with my daughters and their other halves, and my mum and dad. Should be lovely. My parents are really looking forward to it. They do lovely fresh fish so I expect most of us will have a fish dish. It was lovely last time we went. Not going to have a starter and might share a dessert with hubby, I will try not to be too bad!

Oooh enjoy the meal Bev! :)
Re the secret santa ideas - are you allowed to do jokey presents?! If not how about something from lush (the soap body shop)? or tesco have some lovely little christmassy gifts this year from around £5 :) x

Hope you enjoyed your meal Bev. I love a good old family get-together but they can sometimes be a masterpiece of organisation!!

Re the secret santa. There's the usual smellies of course - and there are some lovely sets around at the mo in Boots as well as all the supermarkets but what about a really nice fancy notebook - that's something I'd like but wouldn't buy as it seems like an extavagance, which is the definition of a good present - something you'd like but wouldn't buy yourself! Just mho ;) xx

Maybe a bit like ......

fancy_notebook.jpg

or ...

88Z_1918-2.jpg

or ...

fancy_organizer_agenda_notebook.jpg

etc etc etc xx

Oooh the last notebook is pretty cute huh!
Aint no cupcake notebook though is it! ;)

HaHa ... no it ain't ;) xx

Thanks for the suggestions Jan. Some great ideas there. I already bought her a small bottle of wine and glass with a couple of chocs in it (all in a presentation box) yesterday. Looks very nice. Not much else to get now. So glad my pressie buying is over. My bank balance wont take much more!!

The meal out was great! Everyone got on and had a great time. Mind you, we usually do! I had the chilli for a change and it was gorgeous! Me and hubby shared a dessert, which was also lovely. We must go back there again soon, it's such good food and not dear either. My daughter works behind the bar there a few shifts a week and knows everybody that goes in, which is nice. Everyone that had the fish raved about it. My mum couldn't wait to go and try the fish and was not disappointed. Well worth the wait she said! All in all a lovely pre-xmas meal!

Having my hair highlighted and cut by my daughter later up at the college. Can't wait. My hair is pretty long now and really needs a good few inches chopped off.

Hope everyone's OK and has had a good weekend. The cold's on it's way back so I hope everyone's prepared!

Back