Bev - Round 2

Hope you manage to 'sort your head out' over the long weekend you've got planned Bev. Get things into perspective and hope you feel better soon ***hugs*** xx

Had a lovely long weekend off work. Went shopping in Plymouth with hubby on Friday. Had a great day there. Trains were all on time and no-one sat in our seats! Had a nice weekend and then went into town by myself yesterday for a few more bits for xmas. Quite like spending some time by myself every now and then. Back to work today but another long weekend coming up. Lovely!

I have a match tomorrow night and then club night on thursday. We won our match last thursday 9-0. Great result for us. Some really good games too.

Can't believe it's only 4 weeks to xmas this weekend. Luckily I have a lot of stuff sorted already so no panic for me. I also have xmas eve off work so can pick up all my fruit and veg in the morning so it's lovely and fresh. Love having xmas eve off and soaking up the atmosphere in town.

Glad you had a good weekend Bev and excellent result at the badminton.
Oooh Xmas, I really must get some shopping done, but it will have to be my next four days off now.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Bev. Hope everything is ok now :) xxx

Glad you've enjoyed yourself Bev - you deserve it! I too love spending time by myself now and then ... I love wandering round and having a good old mooch ;) xx

Im the opposite guys - i can't stand going into town shopping with anyone but myself! :giggle:

I'm being incredibly thick ... isn't that what I was saying? Or do you mean I said 'now and again' (I actually meant I'd always prefer it ;)) xx

(12 more sleeps ;):D) xx

Oooh i thought you meant now and again you like time on yer own in town :giggle:

12 sleeps!!! Jeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found out my training day that weekend is here in plymouth not in exeter but still dont know what day yet. Any idea what time you'll be in Exeter? xxx

Yeah I did but ... ofgs it really doesn't matter :giggle:

Not sure what time yet - probably around 4ish?? What works for you? Will you have a meal with us (pleeeeeeeeeaaase??!!) I don't suppose you'll want to stay over but as far as we're concerned the evening is yours .... if earlier works better we can probably get there sooner ... basically we're easy and want to do whatever works best for you. Can't WAIT!! Bummer about the venue change though - does that make things harder for you? Will you be worn out? Might you not want to bother?? :eek::( xxx

Of course not Jan! I was only saying as now i'll be driving up from plymouth although its only 40mins. As soon as i know what time the course ends then i can tell you time for defo i'll be up to meet you - I reckon probably around 5pm i'll be with you guys, and yes defo up for a meal with you guys - for some reason i thought that was the plan anyways! :giggle: Mustn't forget my camera! :p xx

Yes I thought that was the plan too - but I HAVE been known to get things wrong .... rare but not absolutely impossible!! ;)
Just a shame that - as you'll be driving, we won't be able to SHARE the Mr Smirnoffs or whatever ;) .. unless you crash on our floor LOL!! xxx

LOL I'm ok without drink Jan i dont mind picking you and DH up either or dropping you back to the hotel afterwards :) I can't believe its only 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry bev for hijacking your thread :giggle:

Yeah - sorry Bev :eek: ... If we go to the pub by the hotel there won't be any need for a lift but thanks for the offer. .... 'Citin'!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D xxxx

BTW - I know you'll be okay without a drink hon - but ONE DAY we really should all share in the way we post about V&Cs & Ms Rose etc ;) :) xxx

Bummer I know but really can't stay or train it up so i'll have to stick to diet cokes :) Just gives us an excuse to all try and meet sometime so we can all share mrs rose and mr smirnoff ;) xxx

Ohhhhhhhhh yesssssss indeedeeeeeeee ;):):D:D:D:D:D xxxxx

Back to work today after a lovely 4 day weekend off. Food could have been better but not too bad. Will try to be better from today. Haven't been gym for a while, just not motivated to do it. Still doing the badminton though. I have a match this week, as long as I can get there. It was a white world down here over the weekend like most places, lovely but too icy for me.

We have our friend's funeral to attend on thursday. They had to do a post mortem which showed he had some form of heart disease which meant he had a massive heart attack whilst out walking and was dead by the time he hit the floor. The sad thing is he then fell into the sea and his body was recovered from there the following morning. Horrible thought. At least he didn't suffer at all and he didn't drown, which would be awful to know that. The service is quite far away so we are praying we can get there and that we don't have anymore snow. As with any funeral I am dreading it. It's going to be so awful seeing my mum and dad so upset, let alone his immediate family!

Haven't been on the boards for a while cos I was off work but will try and catch up with some threads later. Hope everyone's OK!

Aw Bev - what a horrible thing to happen. I guess its a little comfort knowing he didn't suffer at all.

Glad you enjoyed your long weekend - no snow here in plymouth :( send it this way please!! :giggle:

Awww Bev that's going to be a hard day isn't it? I'll be sending you lots of thoughts and virtual hugs. I hope it's not as bad as you're expecting. xxx

Aww Bev, you must be feeling really down at the moment, big hugs to you girl. Awful news about your Friend, but at least he passed away instantly and didnt lay there suffering. No consolation I know, but at least he is in peace now. RIP Bevs friend.

Back