Bev's Refeeding Diary

Jan, those breakfast biccies are really nice, they taste like "Nice" biscuits and are quite filling too. Really like them.

Went to badminton last night and really enjoyed it. I could definitely move around better than before. Had lots of comments about how much weight I had lost and lots of compliments too. Sadly, one of the girls there is a bit depressed about her weight and whilst asking me about what I'd done, broke down and went to the ladies crying. I felt so sorry for her, she's so lovely and the last person I thought had a problem with her weight. I told her to text or call me anytime cos I know what's she going through but somehow felt a little guilty cos it was my weight loss that really was the final straw, I think! People forget how upsetting being overweight can be, I just hope she's OK soon.

Day 14
B - BelVita brekkie biscuits

D - 4 Crisprolls with light cheese spread

T - Not sure yet as we are out with my kids and their boyfriends. Will try to make sensible choices as this is my first meal out for over 4 months but really looking forward to it.

Looking good Bev :) Enjoy your meal out tonight xxx

Hope you enjoyed your meal out Bev. I'm sure you found something suitable.

Hmmm - not sure about biscuits for breakfast. Psychologically I think I could feel I've started the day 'badly' and carry on that way ;) but glad you're enjoying them.

Re that woman at badminton. Now you've conquered your weight she probably feels a/that she's lost and ally and b/inadequate. I'm not saying she should feel either of these things, far from it - just that she might.
Don't feel bad about it .... if your success spurs her on that can only be a GOOD thing. I wouldn't expect to hear from her though. Not unless she decides to do the same plan and want some advice or a mentor. She won't call you while she's suffering because she sees you as having achieved something she hasn't/can't. This is not you fault. If you have made her face some demons that can only be a positive thing in the longrun so don't beat yourself up! xx

Thanks for that Jan, a real insight! I'm not beating myself up about it or anything just don't like to think that my weight loss set someone off crying. I know it's all about her weight problem and not mine but still, it's not nice to see someone crying who is such a lovely person and usually the happy, fun one (that's the way we hide things though isn't it?).

Had meal out on Friday, had trio of fish, haddock, lemon sole and can't remember the other one. Came with carrots and broccoli separately and boiled pots. Very nice and healthy too. Definitely have that again.

Day 16
B - Nothing, I know it's bad but really didn't feel hungry and didn't fancy anything!

D - Ham and salad sandwich and mullerlight yogurt.

T - Roast - 3 pots, chicken, carrot and turnip mashed and peas. Very, very nice. Haven't had a roast for about 5 months so this was lovely.

Also made a pot roast in the slow cooker for tea tonight, which is smelling lovely. Will only have a small bowl of this though. So glad we got a slow cooker, it will be lovely to come home to lovely hot meals in the winter!

Looking good mrs :D xxx

Don't know about feeling more energetic because I never really felt lacking in energy while on LT anyway. I'm still trying to keep up the water too, about 1.5lts a day at the mo. Trying to up that but find it harder now somehow!

Had a bowl of slow cooked pot roast last night, it was really good. Had a few sliced potatoes, lovely beef, carrot and and turnip. Very tasty and will definitely be having that again.

Sounds yum, perfect for this weather.
I do a lot a walking to and from school and toddler groups pushing a buggy and feel I don't have the same energy or strength for it since starting the diet so am looking forward to getting stronger with healthy normal food again.

Oh I'd say the meat was so tender in that pot roast! You seem to be really doing well on the refeed. I initially found keeping up the water a bit tough. I make sure now to have a half litre in the morning with breakfast and another through the morning and another at lunch with one more through the afternoon. After that anything else is a bonus!! On days when I don't get to have enough water, I always find that these are the very days that I am more picking at food. So, for me, the water definitely keeps the munchies at bay( a bit anyway).

Had over a litre and half of water yesterday which I was really pleased with. I find it easier to drink more when I use a half litre bottle. That way I know I have to try to have 3 bottles during work and then during the evening I usually have about another half litre anyway.

Doing OK still, I have badminton tonight and then gym again on Saturday. I have two nights of badminton next week as I have my first match! Can't wait!

Oooh enjoy yourself at badminton tonight mrs :) and well done on the water front!

I always try to drink 1litre between getting up and going to work and then have a 500ml bottle for work which i try and have 2 of :) xxx

Badminton was really good last night. Won all my games apart from one. So overall a great night! Had a really good workout. Really enjoyed it.

Made a quiche last night so having some of that for my dinner and some for my tea with small jacket potato and beans. Really looking forward to that.

Got to try and get through 2 litres of water today, especially after last night's exercise. Must get up to 2 litres again.

Well done on the food and the badminton missis! You're doing great :D:D xx

Whoo! Well done on the badminton woman! :D

Quiche :drool:

Bev, hope all is going well for you. You seem to have adjusted back to eating real food very well. Good luck for the coming week.

Had a really good weekend and even lost a pound! Really pleased with that. I think it's all the exercise which I am really enjoying. After saying about not ever being able to run my whole life, I went on the treadmill on saturday! Loved it. I ran for a minute, then walked for a minute and did this through 20 minutes. I ended up running for 8 minutes and walking for 12. Really, really pleased with this and will definitely be keeping this up. I did 45 minutes of cardio on saturday and felt really good for doing it.

Had a great night out on saturday, did lots of cooking and baking yesterday. Made hotpot, chilli, jam and cream sponge and a fresh raspberry dessert. Really into my cooking lately. Will be making a quiche again this week too, last week's was lovely!

wow well done on the loss bev - fantastic :)

Oooooh, chilli jam ... i wana try make this myself! x

What I made was chilli and a jam and cream sponge but chilli jam does sound good too!

Got my first badminton match tonight and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be shattered tomorrow though. Then I have club night on Thursday and then off to the gym again on Saturday for some more running! Can't believe I enjoyed the running so I will definitely keep this up for as long as I can.

Had light cheese spread sandwich for lunch yesterday and chilli with a few doritos for my tea. Both were lovely. Everyone loved the chilli so will be making that again soon I expect.

Very sad day today for my mum and dad as they have to have their little dog put to sleep. He's 15 years old now and recently has gone deaf and blind but he's now also not eating so they have decided it's the best decision. They are going to be absolutely gutted. I feel so sad for them. I'm very teary since my dad told me last night. I'll be very glad when today is over.

Back