BGs question of the day - friday

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
Right, this forum is far too quiet and dull at the moment - sorry but it is!

I have recently been reading some philosophy thanks to a compulasry module in my degree which i'm convinced is trying to bring out the humility in all us mad scientists.

My question is:
Do you believe in God or something similar?

I personally cannot answer this question. I have far too many conflicting opinions.... I don't believe in a "man in a grey beard sitting on a cloud" but i like to believe we have a path and what is meant to be will be. I also am comforted thinking that my father who passed away when i was younger is in a better place, guides me, and is reunited with people we have lost in the pass.

I really don't mean to offend anyone so please realise this is all about opinions. It has been bothering me for days after reading Nietzsche.

Lurve Leah xxxx

hmm.. i dont know.. i dont believe in THE GOD.. but i think there is a god perhaps.. who guides people who truely need him/her/it..
I believe that after you die.. its possible to meet up with those who you truely loved.. well i hope so anyways..

x x

Nah. I'm a Humanist. Have done the whole religious thing big time though, but settled on Humanism in the end because I questioned the existance of God too much.

Not good form....to be highly religious and wake up each morning thinking "but I don't believe in God:confused:" Just doesn't work :D

And there KD goes again. Killing another thread
th_punish-full.gif

She'll have to go
sigh.gif
th_wacky_girl.gif

ok, the canidoster is back, with a bottle of wine opened!!!!

I believe in something, but what??? Im not sure, there has to be something, doesnt there???

Shurrup Helenster. I am the proper thread killerer xxx

I believe in my own spirituality and that I have the choice to see all the wonders of this planet or all the horrors.

I believe that there is some form of life after death as well.

Lacey..xx :D:D

i believe that there is someone up there looking down on us, maybe not a god but something like things happen for a reason like earthquakes and that like why did an earthquake hit china...did god say ok il make this happen and let so many people die..i dont know its werid the way i look at it.

No I don't believe in a god but I do believe in fate.

Gx

but i like to believe we have a path and what is meant to be will be.

But what about all the times I've said "Hey...that wasn't meant to happen:eek:"

I do believe that what happens, happens (as it does :D) and we can either find good or bad in the situation.

there has to be something, doesnt there???

Nah :D My opinion and all that :D

I believe in my own spirituality and that I have the choice to see all the wonders of this planet or all the horrors.

Close to humanism there Lacey.
No I don't believe in a god but I do believe in fate.

So what do you believe 'powers' that fate?

But what about all the times I've said "Hey...that wasn't meant to happen:eek:"

I do believe that what happens, happens (as it does :D) and we can either find good or bad in the situation.

Nah :D My opinion and all that :D

Close to humanism there Lacey.

So what do you believe 'powers' that fate?

sorry to go off the point - but how do you do that multi quote thingy hun?

sorry to go off the point - but how do you do that multi quote thingy hun?

Pick the messages you wish to reply to by pressing
multiquote_off.gif
for each one, then press
reply.gif
and they'll all come up.

You can then reply to each one in a single message :)

thanks hun will try it :)

Back