Extra Easy Journey to the end of the yo-yo dieting!

Hi
So I'm brand new to this site. I've been battling with the same 3 stones for soooo many years and been on every diet invented...including slimming world a few times...but never managed to keep the weight off. Recently I've just not managed to shed the pounds at all and I think this is down to not 'really' keeping a proper check on what I'm eating! My other problem is the weekends! I am saintly in the week then get to the weekend and.....I give up and enjoy myself..this tends to revolve around food and wine!
So today I've decided to try to make a change and to log my diary on here and share my progress-good,bad or indifferent! I'm hoping a few folks will support me along the way and if I can help anyone else I'm more than happy to.
Starting weight..13stone.
I've set a target to be 10 stone by Christmas.
Look forward to reading all your stories and good luck to anyone on the same journey.
Xx

Diary 27th March

So today was a fairly good day. Struggled this evening with the usual TV munchies but had a chocolate options then went to bed!

Food today;
Breakfast: Omelette with ham,onion,mushrooms,,tomatoes and low fat cheddar 20g (HeA)
Lunch; Large mixed salad, salmon,boiled new potatoes and 1 tbsp light mayo (1syn)
Dinner; chicken and veg stir fry with noodles. Thai sauce (3 syns)

Snacks; Apple, mullerlight yoghurt,slice of roast beef, chocolate options (1.5 syns I think?)

All in all a good start...feeling a little sad :-( that no-one has commented on my post though!
Onwards and upwards..see what tomorrow brings!! :)

Hey! Welcome, and congrats on the start of your journey.

Looks like you had a really good first day! Keep it up.

I lost a stone in a January from Slimming World. I've kept it off so far, crash dieting now for my wedding in a few weeks time. All about the maximum weightloss for me at the moment and not the likelihood of maintaining! :eek:

Hi
Thanks for the reply! Well done for losing that stone! I got married on New Year's Day. I'd lost about a stone before the wedding but then put most of it back on afterwards..enjoying life too much! :D
I'm now on official honeymoon weight loss countdown! Santorini in July.
Hope the wedding plans are all coming together!

IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1261.JPG Day 2
Going well so far! Braved the gym again today and managed the first session of the 30 Day Shred plus week 1 session of the Couch 2 5k! Feeling chuffed with that.
My worst times are late afternoon and evenings. I eat when I'm bored and no amount of 'alternative' activities can persuade me not to head for the cupboards!!! Still I'm trying to resist today or choose free foods!

So far today...
B- Overnight oats made with muesli (HEB), mullerlight strawberry and blueberries.
L - whole meal pasta,tuna,tomatoes, red onion,beetroot and sweet corn. Plus 1tbsp light mayo (1.5 syns).
Snacks so far..roast beef slices,cherries.
Plan for dinner is stir-fry veg,salmon and rice with fajita seasoning.
Hopefully saved a few syns to help get through the evening!!
I'll try and add some photos of my food tonight and for the rest of the week. Really helped me to look at other people's food pics for inspiration!

Dinner as planned + tbsp 1/2 fat soured cream. (2syns I think)
Snacks -Banana, walkers baked crisps (5 syns)
Total 8.5 syns.
:)

Last edited:
View attachment 186182 View attachment 186181 Day 2
Going well so far! Braved the gym again today and managed the first session of the 30 Day Shred plus week 1 session of the Couch 2 5k! Feeling chuffed with that.
My worst times are late afternoon and evenings. I eat when I'm bored and no amount of 'alternative' activities can persuade me not to head for the cupboards!!! Still I'm trying to resist today or choose free foods!

So far today...
B- Overnight oats made with muesli (HEB), mullerlight strawberry and blueberries.
L - whole meal pasta,tuna,tomatoes, red onion,beetroot and sweet corn. Plus 1tbsp light mayo (1.5 syns).
Snacks so far..roast beef slices,cherries.
Plan for dinner is stir-fry veg,salmon and rice with fajita seasoning.
Hopefully saved a few syns to help get through the evening!!
I'll try and add some photos of my food tonight and for the rest of the week. Really helped me to look at other people's food pics for inspiration!

Dinner as planned + tbsp 1/2 fat soured cream. (2syns I think)
Snacks -Banana, walkers baked crisps (5 syns)
Total 8.5 syns.
:)
Hi I'm new to this also!! How did your first weigh in go?
I started 2 weeks ago and have lost 9.5lbs I'm so pleased but I have around 8 stone to lose so I'm going to take it half a stone at a time x

Back