Big Boys Need Love Too!

Hi all. Have had a busy day today sorting out loose ends etc. I have almost come to the bottom of the pile now. I have to spend tomorrow practicing songs for Saturday as I have to do about 8 or 9 or 45 minutes worth (all l through without messing it up!) Haha - bit scary really with about 80 other acts or more (many more used to it than I am) and probably loadsa people watching, there is great scope for a giant banana skin moment x

I'm sure you will do just great Gem

Haha Taz. I hope you're right :eek: I think I ought to buy up all the bananas in the area just in case x ;)

you'll do fantastically honey :D

jenn!! good to see you again :D sounds like a saga. i had my hair dyed blue once and it faded to green. the hairdresser tried to strip it out for me but it just went brighter green and then we had our school photos (well, college photos) and my hair was the same colour as the backdrop.... it was like those witches hats with halloween hair attached. that kind of colour... so never going to do blue again. unless your hair is bleached white it's a really bad idea... hee.

am off to finish watching a film. my mum rang in the middle for about an hour and a half and i lost thomas to the dreaded world of warcraft so i am trying to drag him away from it now. aaargh.

catch you later folks. i feel a bit perkier. still a slight headache but am going to have my final shake of the day now. day two is dead and gone!! woo.

abz xx

Jenn and Abz - your hair experiences are amazing. I hope mine stays good! x

just don't use harsh shampoos hon. herbal essences and head and shoulders are *******. if you don't use harsh shampoos then the colour shouldn't fade much and just top it up every month or so depending on how much it fades. now i use a specific red because i know it fades to a pink colour which is rather nice rather than the old one i used to use that faded to orange. there's another clown wig story associated with that one but that's for another time. i'm off to bed. i want to see a photie though gem. it sounds really wonderful :) and sounds like it was very professionally done. you won't have any problems :)

and most of the fun is in the pampering :D

abz xx

Yep Abz - it was great fun but I couldn't wait to see the results. I use Aussies hair products, the "colour mate" ones (shampoo, conditioner, 3 minute miracle for the frizz). They have tamed my hair really well. I also use their hair serum and hairspray. It's not the cheapest product but I reckon it's worth it and the supermarkets are beginning to stock them and do offers x

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Hehehe, it looks like I'm the first this morning which makes me a bit of a saddo as I'm not in work this morning. OH got up this morning and as soon as he shut the bedroom door the music (our version of an alarm clock) started to go. As I didn't want to lay there and listen to the music, I got up to turn it off. Having got up I wanted to go to the loo. By the time I came back from the loo I was wide awake so I did my exercises and came downstairs. :rolleyes:

I'm recording a STS this week - by the skin of my teeth. I've fluctuated so much this week that I reckon it's pure luck! I was definitely 2lb over yesterday, probably will be again tomorrow! :confused:

It's dark outside so I don't know if Mr Sun is gonna join us today. I hope so, as we have the internment of my Mum's ashes this afternoon and it is always much more uplifting on a bright day. There won't be a lot of people there, just a few that were close to both Mum and Dad. After this the job will be done and they will be laid to rest together.

I am still not sure if the whole thing has really hit me yet but I will take things as they come and do what I need to do to go through the process and move on.

Have a lovely day today everyone. x :character00238:

good morning... well it's my day off too but i got woken up by a text message at 7am, having just got back to sleep after OH left for work at 6.45am, then i though i would go for a wee and stayed up, ha. a 0.25lb loss on yesterday so it looks like it wasn't a fluke. phew. ha. i will be spending most of the day out and about so i may have to get a salad from somewhere but i think i'll check the pret website before i go so i know what i can have :) may have to stretch the foods slightly but hopefully the calories will remain the same...

abz xx

Your numbers are going the right way after your holiday. Brilliant news Abz x

Poor old Tazzy Devil - all your woosh has wooshed off!!!

Hey all,

You all seem full of plans. *LOL* Well I have to go and pick up LU from his nanas, and take him to tumble tots...then it is clean clean clean, as we have some visitors coming over from saturday. Luckily they aren't actually stay at the house, but I still have make it look like it should. I should have done it yesterday, but as LU was not home, I went up stairs and took a 3 hour nap! *LOL* So Should be busy for the next week or so, again!

I am hoping I am STS come monday too. But I am too sure. I was lucky I didn't gain lastnight as OH made home made fish and chips and the oil was incredible. But I am going lighter tonight with a nice tuna steak and vegtables. I am still rather full from dinner lastnight at 7pm so I only had a banana and peach for breakfast. Been being a little naughty for baby clothes AGAIN!! But I got some from ebay, second hand, they looked fine and they were girls clothes, Enough to last for the 0-3 stage. I mean they grow so fast and are only sleeping and pooing anyway, she/he won't need much on that score. I have loads of boy clothes, and the box of girl stuff only cost me £13 with the postage and packageing and cost of the items. So, that will save loads. I will wait till she is older before I start going nuts. But if it is a boy...well I have so many things from my first that I won't need to buy too much. I have the bed, and things just waiting to get everything else organised. I am surprised though i haven't heard from a midwife or consultant, but I guess last time was different.

Anyway, well I must dash, need to get some stuff sorted before I am on my way. Plus I am making a picnic and taking LU to the park later, just to spend a little time with him,and try and make sure he doesn't feel like he is pushed out in anyway.

Well, that's everything done that I can do for my Mum now. She is resting with Dad beneath a 300 year old oak tree in the churchyard near where they lived.

This morning I set out to practice for the music fes I have to do tomorrow :cry:I discovered that either I'd forgotten all the words or my brain was missing:cry:

That'll be it, anyone found a brain? So tonight I got out my guitar and practiced until my fingers were sore and then dipped them in surgical spirits. I'll have a couple of hours to practice tomorrow and then it's on a wing and a prayer :whistle:

I'm absolutely knackered and I'm gonna drink a cup of hot choc and then shuffle off to be.

Night night all :nightf:

Reactions: Taz
:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

Looks like Mr Sun is putting in an appearance this morning - good thing cos I'm not sure whether the bit I'm doing at the festival is inside or out!

I am up and ready to start practicing my songs again. My practice last night should have sunk in a bit overnight. I'll go through the sequence again when I've had a coffee, then leave it for a while to sink in and go through it again and then that will have to be it :eek:

The nerves are not too stable this morning but in 8 hours it'll be all over and some other poor b****r will be stood up there for 3/4 hr :)

All this sounds as if I don't enjoy doing it but nothing is further from the truth. There's nothing like the buzz when everything goes well but after the last couple of weeks I don't really feel prepared and it's all come round a bit quick. The worst case scenario is playing when there is a lull and there is no audience feedback to feel :eek:

Anyway, I doubt if I'll have time to get back on here until this evening so have a great day everyone :character00238:

gem i'm sure it will all be fine. you'll wow them honey :) and congrats at your mum's sendoff. she would have loved it. and now they are at peace together.

taz, hope you feel better soon...

i am at work this morning. and tomorrow too. gah. i have a few bits of work to do though so it shouldn't be that bad. we have changed our systems so what would usually be a busy period for me is going to be... nothing. so i'm going to feel like i should be doing something all bloody day when apparently there isn't anything i need to do... so i'm not looking forward to that. i hate the feeling that you've forgotten to do something, ha.

yesterday i think i had a couple of calories too many but i wasn't that bad. i think i went up to around 1200 rather than 1000 but i was walking around town and out and about for ten hours yesterday so i'll have burnt some of it off :) and i still managed to shave off a lb or two when i weighed in this morning. only about half a stone to go before i'm at my pre-holiday weight again. hopefully i'll make it before my next weigh in but if i don't quite make it i'll manage to live with it ok :)

my best friend has informed me she is preggers again. i am stoked about it but also a little disappointed as she came up with this idea that as we grew up the same age then our children should too, and she wanted to wait until after my wedding for her next in any case. but her and her OH changed their minds, which of course, is fine. but i am still a little disappointed that our kids won't grow up together in quite the same way we did. but saying that i can't wait to have another little baby around. my goddaughter is so beautiful and i'm sure this next baby will be too. i'm looking forward to learning about pregnancy again. although i've told her she'll have to remind me of all the details the third time around when it's me, ha. so that's some happy news :D it does make it totally impossible to fit her for a bridesmaid dress however. she's my maid of honour (slightly ironic :D should that be matron?) and my other bridesmaid is having chemo at the mo. so we were waiting until january at least to fit for bridesmaid dresses so that if she looses loads of weight with her chemo the dress will fit. she's really self conscious about what she's going to look like and this was the best way to alleviate her fears. of course now my other best mate is going to be really rather pregnant at this point... so she's said we'll just have to get it at the size she is at the time (she didn't get really huge until about her 8th month last time) and she'll have it taken in... ha. oh the trials and tribulations.

can't wait to start shopping for baby clothes again. it's so addictive jenn. i will agree with you on that one :D

anyhoo. after all that i really should go back to work.

abz xx

Anti-climax

Hahaha.... All that worrying and rehearsing and all for..... :confused:

Well, we got there and parked, followed the signs for the festival (?) There were around 60 artists performing on 3 stages (? :confused:) but where were the audiences :confused: I'll tell you where they were - those that had actually made it to the event were running between rooms trying to work out which artist to watch :bliss: Most of them weren't there at all because they didn't know it was on! :cry:

Local newspapers and radio were supposed to be promoting the festival but nobody had seen or heard anything :rolleyes:

Apparently my performance was good so at least that went well :D In the end I did 8 self-penned songs (it was a singer/songwriter festival ;)) and it pretty much took up the allotted 3/4 hour :cool:

Some of the acts were really great and we did have an interesting afternoon. It was good to see some old friends from the music scene too :)

:party0051:Now for the naughty bit. We stopped at the nice chip shop on the way home and my mate and I shared a portion of fish and chips which we asked the guy to separate into two trays. Apparently we are a nightmare :eek: How rude! ;)

Back