Big Boys Need Love Too!

Evening all, just got back from karate and my knee's are holding up really well at the moment. I even managed to do the jump we have to do for our kata! I gained 1lb this week but that's ok, I have eaten rather a lot of bad stuff! My poor car failed it's MOT on a few serious things and my dad says it's beyond repair and for it's age it's not worth it so I am going out looking for a new one tomorrow

Evening Taz, sorry to hear about your car hun. :( Is your Dad gonna help you look for something tomorrow?

Glad your knees are ok though. What belt are you in karate?

1lb isn't bad at all & will be gone next week for sure.

Evening Taz, sorry to hear about your car hun. :( Is your Dad gonna help you look for something tomorrow?

Glad your knees are ok though. What belt are you in karate?

1lb isn't bad at all & will be gone next week for sure.
Yes he is, we've got one to look at already so he is going to come round after work and we will go and look at it. I am a 2nd Kyu Ho in karate which is 3rd from Black belt, I was supposed to grade up to 2nd Kyu at the end of the month but as I haven't been able to train as hard because of my knees I have put it back a month

Yes he is, we've got one to look at already so he is going to come round after work and we will go and look at it. I am a 2nd Kyu Ho in karate which is 3rd from Black belt, I was supposed to grade up to 2nd Kyu at the end of the month but as I haven't been able to train as hard because of my knees I have put it back a month

That's good going, what make is it?

:wow: dangerous lady!! I got to 5th Kyu about 15 years ago but then gave up!! OH is black belt in judo though had to give that up when he sustained a bad knee injury.

I'm sure you'll get there. How long will it take from here to black belt then? Or does that depend on your knees?

That's good going, what make is it?

:wow: dangerous lady!! I got to 5th Kyu about 15 years ago but then gave up!! OH is black belt in judo though had to give that up when he sustained a bad knee injury.

I'm sure you'll get there. How long will it take from here to black belt then? Or does that depend on your knees?
Well before the knee played up again my Sensei said I had a chance of double grading and skipping straight to 1st Kyu but I don't think that will be possible now so I am looking at going for Black belt in September next year! I am 9th Kyu in kickboxing, grading to 8th next month.

We are looking at a Peugeot 106 tomorrow, it looks really tidy from the pictures I've seen so hopefully it will be a good one

Good luck with it all then. I know how much training is involved! :eek:

I hope you find something decent. x :D

Taz - sorry to hear about your car. I hope you sort something out soon x

hey gem your grandson is almost ready to pop out and say hi! just a quick word guys as im about to head to bed - i've had a RUBBISH week; the last two days have been especially bad. Not workwise, workwise the second show was pretty good, got a lot of interest for this website i'm setting up so i've got lots to do at work contacting people. Food wise I just haven't been able to resist that extra mouthful, the extra bit of chocolate, the extra peanut. I seem to have developed a craving for nuts over the last two days and i've been hoovering them down, as well as, just in the last few hours, a years supply of chocolate thanks to it being my little sister's birthday. I haven't had lunch the past couple of days as i had big breakfasts and wasn't hungry - it's totally swung me out of my routine. I can't wait to get back to the office tomorrow and back to my usual eating habits. At the moment i'm so full and bloated it looks like the 31 week old baby on Gem's chart is inhabiting MY womb lol. arrrgh.

what i'll probably do is weigh tomorrow to assess damage, as i've not had access to a set of scales in nearly a week, and then leave official WI till next fri. Give me a chance to get rid of any squatters i may have acquired. grrr.

much love xxx

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

A beautiful full moon last night - very visible as the sky was fairly clear.

I'm very tired this morning. It's already been a full-on week and there's still two days to go. It's my first full week since before Easter so I think I'm doing ok :)

I'm looking forward to moving tickers tomorrow. After resisting the cream cakes yesterday (with a little help from the maggots) I feel like I can move mountains today. The hurdle today is a tin of Celebrations on the staff room table. They're the ones with the big oval malteasers and all sorts of other yummy stuff. The good news though is that the staff team is like a collective vacuum cleaner so they won't be around for long.

Elle - I'm always MUCH worse when I can't get to the scales. I am a scale hopper - not obsessed by it's results but it lets me know how I'm doing and what I can get away with - it works well for me :) despite the general belief that it is a negative thing. The only weigh in that counts though is the Friday one.

You don't know how true your words are about my grandson. My daughter has been having contractions for ages and there have been several panics. Her pelvis always slackens really early in pregnancy (as Jenn describes) and she has a lot of pain - then the contractions happen! Sometimes it's just contractions and sometimes it's more worrying and she gets taken into hospital. We're just hoping she can hold on to him until she's somewhere near full-term :) The little thingy is to remind me of the increasing viability this impatient little boy :)

Taz - Have a good day off and good luck with the car hunting ;)

:character00238: Have a good day everyone :character00238:

:character00238: Morning all, have a good day everyone! x :character00238:

good morning everyone. gem, he sounds like he's going to be a fighter, inside your daughter and out!!

elle. great to hear the news about your show. i'm sure it's going to be amazing :D

taz, sorry to hear about the car hon but glad you are going to see another one soon so you can get it sorted.

morning frijj.

and morning to everyone else.

i'm shattered and my weight is going UP daily instead of down. not a good sign. so i'm thinking totm may be lurking, maybe i am due some toilet troubles (sorry), maybe i'm just not drinking enough water, or maybe i'm sleep-eating :D but i'll continue and it will go again soon. need to get glugging the water as usual.

spent last night avoiding b and q and watching buffy the first season. ha. it's so low budget it's funny. but i love it. i can't help it. thomas hasn't seen them before so it's his first time around. and i haven't seen them for years and years. i loved it when it first came out :D

another day of work to look forward to but i'm hoping to be a lot more productive today :)

abz xx

Morning all, I am still looking for cars and Mr Taz is out on his rounds this morning and in search of a car also. He is determined that I get an Audi to replace my poor little Taz-mobile and although that is what I want too they are expensive!

well my fears were confirmed on the scales this morning, but it's not all bad, apparently i have put on exactly 1 3/4 lbs, since im stuck at 12st 13 3/4's lol... so i still get to say that i'm within the 12's. my aim in the next week is to evict the squatters. anything extra will be excellent. im hoping to find a swimming costume in my lunchbreak because my tankini is ridiculously loose and it just looks awful. so hopefully i can sort it out and then start going swimming again. the last week has made me really worried about what's going to happen around christmas. i'm going to write down a "beat the flab at christmas" plan. and read it everyday around christmas lol. it's going to be tough, considering how easy it was for me to let loose yesterday. xx

well someone at work just suggested tgi friday's christmas menu for £20 for our IT night out. but i've had to say that if they want to do that, that's fine, but it's going to have to be bloody close to christmas because i won't be able to eat anything otherwise!! and the rest of the IT team, other than this chap, know i'm doing cd. so i can't say 'oh, sorry, can we do it on the 22nd of december so i can eat'. ha. bum. looks really nice too. i'm going to do lots of damage in this week... i can just see it happening...

abz xx

why is that abz? have you allowed yourself to eat normally around xmas?

i am going to indeedy. in fact if i keep on track then hopefully i should be on food and moving up the plans by then in any case...

abz xx

fingers crossed!! christmas party wise, tgi's usually have a bar - perhaps if you want to avoid the food you could suggest joining them for "drinks" afterwards? x

oh it crossed my mind. but i really want to enjoy christmas this year as hopefully i'll look far more like i want to and won't feel like the fat one. i will still be the fattest, the others being stringbeans. but i will also be the only female, so i'll get away with it hopefully, ha.

abz xx

what's it like working in an office of just men? there are three women here today and we just keep babbling and barely getting any work done lol. x

Back