Big Boys Need Love Too!

Morning Claire, Taz and Tyn (glad you're feeling better).

Tyn - are you still going to go the Cambridge way or have you changed your mind. It would be best to go back to uni with a firm idea of which weightloss program you are going to use. If you love food think carefully and make sure you choose right as CD is quite severe and not for everyone. If it's right for you, you'll sail, if not you could be in for a rough ride. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Elle - come back - we're missing you x (shouldn't she be back by now?)

Hey Gem!

I am still bent on doing CD for a few months (3-4, 5 at the very most) I am set on just getting it over and done with, learn how to deal with food for the last time, get in shape, be ALOT more healthy and happy, and to look as pretty as a peach! I have grown weary with being fat, and i have put on about a stone since mum died, so even more hell bent on doing it lol. The first 2 weeks are always filled with mass amounts of drinking, take aways and generally bad stuff, so trying to do the CD in those weeks is going to be Diet Suicide, and waste of time and money, so once they are out of the way, and i am settled into the normal school life, it will be easy enough (i hope!)

You are very brave attempting to do CD while you have the pressures of studying to cope with. But CD won't help you deal with food, it will just take it out of the equasion for a while then you have to learn a whole new way of eating later on whilst trying not to regain all the weight you have lost. CD is not a social diet at all so you may feel quite isolated while you are doing it which I think would probably be very difficult while at uni. Good luck with it x

Hi Tyn. Yes I agree with Taz - it definitely isn't an easy option. Good luck with it and remember that if it doesn't suit you there is always something different around the corner and we are all here to help. There is no failure - just discovery. I reckon every time you try something new you discover something else about yourself so even if what you try is not successfull the experience is not wasted. x

Hi Tazzy Girl. What have you been up to today? x

I didn't do much yesterday. We started tiling the bathroom but we need more help now as there are holes in the wall which I need to fill in next week and the only other wall ready to be tiled has got a radiator on it and my dad might be coming round this morning to take it off for us. Last night I got a phone call from my sister and my 3 year old nephew was screaming cus he wanted to talk to me. It was quite sweet but he didn't have much to say! Bless him

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

How is everyone this morning - Good to see Mr Raincloud is treating us a little better this side of cyberspace and keeping the wet stuff to himself.

Well guys - I went on a shopping spree yesterday - not for clothes as size 22 is really baggy now and 20 still not quite comfortable enough to wear (still only a couple of weeks I reckon) :) It was really annoying when I got back to school on Wednesday. I found out that the other staff had been told about a new dress code, from jeans etc which has been the norm for all the 10 years I have worked there to smart casual and strictly NO jeans. Great :( After my back to work meeting in July (when the boss would have known about the changes and didn't think to tell me) I went out and bought jeans and cargos with school in mind. Now I only have one pair of trousers to wear wash wear until I can start buying in the new size. My boss's response to this? "Good excuse for a shopping spree for some new clothes" :mad: Funny how it all sounds far more simple to people with huge salaries.

My shopping spree took me to Boots and Tesco. In Boots I bought some bio oil as the small one I am using is going down very quickly. :wow: bio oil is SO expensive but worth it if it does the job I want it to. In Tesco I did my weekly food shop - another expensive exercise.

As well as filling my kitchen with a massive array of healthy food I refilled my "naughty" box. No, I haven't been bingeing on choccy - my daughter's husband found it when he was looking after the cat while I was on holiday. I don't really mind cos he did a good job looking after the moggy but while Poppy had a giant share of TLC DH went through my giant tin of treats, leaving just a few shapers bars behind (he doesn't like those).

I can hear you all screaming "What on earth is she doing with a giant tin of treats when she's trying to lose weight through healthy eating" - well here's the deal.

I have recognised that I have cravings and that to succeed I have to build these into the equation so have filled the tin with everything from small dairy milk bars at 205 calories to Boots shapers choc nougat bars at under 100 cals, with fun size malteasers, small one finger twix and two finger kit-kats in between. I am not a calorie counter but I am very aware of the values in foods and can judge quite well what (if anything) I can afford.

Often when shopping I have a craving for choccy and would normally cave in :eek: Now I just wait until I get home and if I am still craving then it will be a much smaller portion than when I was at the shops :D

OH has now found the tin and has began working his way through it :( Funny how the chocolate junkie managed to keep it fairly full from early July to the end of August :confused: The one rule for the tin is that it stays in the cupboard and if you want something you have to dig for it, take out what you have allowed and put the tin straight back. It has to be a concious decision, not an emotional response :)

Well I have another busy day today. My eldest daughter is hoping to come over to see her Nan (my mum) who is very ill at the moment. She has to come quite a long way and it will be lovely to see the little ones (and her of course) but sad that it is because of illness.

Have a good day everyone :character00238:

Last edited:
Gem, I love the idea of a naughty box. It's really good that you have the willpower to do that. If I had one it wouldn't last long, even in the back of the cupboard where I had to dog for what I wanted.

Have a good day everyone!!!

~Silence~

Morning Gem - an epic post but a great one! I think maybe I should make my naughty treats a bit harder to access. I very strictly keep them in the kichen mind but maybe they need to be in the back of a cupboard.

I don't have much to do today. My friend is coming over to talk about her thesis that I have been proof reading. I'm a little worrried about revealing I'm doing proof reading becuase you'll spot all my typos now!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Claire x

what a great idea, I have one for those for the LU, I am not a big chocolate freak but when i do want some it is normally thorntons. When I was in norwich last week I bought 8 of my favourites....4 x white choco and strawberry creame and dark choco and cherry. They are the small pieces not a bar. I had 4 of them last night. Bad I know but for some reason I really wanted something sweet. But it took me 10 minutes to eat them. haha four little pieces....I think it was becaue I took small bits and put them down in bettween bits. Otherwise I might have only taken me 1 minute...hahaha. But I am still the same weight today, so i am happy with that. considering I had a naughty day yesterday. I was mainly my dinner we had a roast, but I had a bit of butter on my carrots,peas, and broccoli, and I had roasties as well as gravy. But I did stop again when I was full so it worked out. As long as I can stay the same or gain very little I will be chuffed.

But well done you gem, on losing those inches...it does make a difference. Shame about work though....would have been nice to have been given a heads up.

Taz...sounds like your bathroom is a bit of a nightmare....I wanted to remove some of the tiles on our walls in our family bathroom as the woman who used to live here had um...how shall I put it...interesting taste. And there are white tiles and then a big mural type area...which I hate. And similar style tiles around the bathroom. But I am scared of removing them for the holes. I got a quote just to remove them and replace them with just another colour like blue black or red, but the guy wanted a fortune. I will sorted it eventually, but right now it's not exactly a priority. My biggest thing at the moment, to to try and turn my gym ( half gym) into the spare room, so I can get the bed out of the spare room upstairs and turn that into the baby's room. Just not sure how we are going to do that. There is solid oak king size bed in the room up stairs and the room downstairs in smaller. It is big bed and will take up most of the room. But at least there is a bathroom en suite. Shame those it is full of stuff....we never use it!! *LOL*

It sounds worse than it is Jenn, my flat is a conversion of a property that is over 100 years old so there are no straight edges and the guy who owned it before was a bit slapdash with his DIY and some of the plastering work he'd done left a lot to be desired. He was renting it out so I guess he didn't really care much about it. It won't take me long to fill in the holes once I have the stuff to do it and then it is just the tiling. My dad is here now taking the radiator off the wall so we can get on with that wall. The bit we have done so far looks really good and I can't wait til it's finished cus it's going to look great

I am sure it will hun, good luck with that. I am not good decorator...I am good at telling people what to do and what I want...but I am not good at actioning the task. I tried to do the wc downstairs...i thought I would start on a small room, and I got everything in to do it...but after 5 minutes painting I got bored and made my OH do it!! *LOL* The one thing i did do was the little sink in the WC has disguesting tiles on it...pink with green fish YUK.And hte only way to do anything was to eithe tile paint or to just the sheets to cover...so i did. Because we couldn't remove the sink...I had to wet the sheet which were thin like cling film...I got 4 on....but the two mains ones at the edge of the sink were too hard to do as they needed to be trimed to meet the edges..and well I never finished them!! *LOL*

I quite like painting plastering and tiling. It's the messy stuff like stripping the room and clearing up all the broken tiles that I don't like.

My likes to do things like that himself but I have to wait for it. He's not too keen on me going ahead and just doing it. x

Hi all my friends out there in Cyberland. I have had a good day - walked to the shops (1 mile there/1 mile back) with my mate and while we were there I went into QS. They have never really done anything to suit me before as they never went up to my size and were fairly small sizing anyway so when I saw size 22 I took notice (having almost reached size 20 but not quite). I found 3 pairs of trousers that I can use for work and 3 tops to go with them. I brought them home and was amazed when the trousers were the right length! Now all I can say is "Bring it on, I'm ready to go".

:nightf: I'm gonna have an early night tonight so I will say, "Good Night - Don't let the bed bugs bite" :nightf:

Glad you had a good day Gem. I've been pretty lazy and haven't even left the house! I've done a bit of work though and enjoyed some tv. I needed to relax before what will be a loooooooong week at work (including 2 evening things).

Hope everyone else's day has been good. Think I might head to bed too.
x

Back