Big Boys Need Love Too!

Sorry to hear about the computer Tyn - perhaps Jenn's OH will have some suggestions as he sounds like the computer wizz and there was someone else's OH way back on the thread if I remember rightly so get reading back. and see if you can find it. Good luck x

Na-ah! Boooooo for the tunnel making me over an hour late! But yay for that delay meaning I could just go straight home

I'm just in myself. Yawn! I'm going to bed. Long day and my train home was delayed by "an irate passenger" who was "removed from the train" but the police. Not in my carriage so sadly no excitement.

Night all x

I guess the "excitement" is not always welcome Taz?

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I am absolutely hanging this morning. I didn't sleep well the night before last (hardly at all really) as my mind was racing. There were decisions I had to make regarding my mum who is seriously ill and an important meeting that I could not go to cos I'm on a phased return to work. Then there's work which is full on and takes no prisoners. I'm so glad I am only on two days this week so after today I have four days off. I have to go soon as I haven't even done my sandwich this morning and I need to wake myself up for the 17 mile journey and the crazy traffic :sigh:

What are you all up to today.

Taz - I hope your trains and tunnels are good to you
Claire - I hope your day is easier and shorter
Slilence - I hope you and Sgt Pig have a lovely sunny day
Tyn - I hope your computer problems are beginning to resolve
Jenn - Hope all ok with you - bet you're busy being a Domestic Goddess
Elle - where have you gone with those shiney red magic shoes - missing you girl

Well the scientists are creating a big bang today and we could all disappear into a black hole so if we are all here this evening - See ya later folks x

Last edited:
Not so sunny in Strasbourg this morning... but i'm making up for it with my sunny positive attitude!!! :D

Don't worry Gem, it should only be a small bang (hee hee) and the black hole it may create should only be tiny and last a millisecond or something. I read it somewhere... i just don't know where...
Have a good day y'all, black hole or not.

~Silence~

Why won't your PC start up? Is it just not turning on or is it getting part way through the boot process and failing? Is it showing you the windows logo and stalling there? I ask because my hubby built his own machine a while back and initially he had a bit of trouble with getting the ball rolling. Works fine now, though. Doesn't run half as nice as my machine, Ender (yes, nerdy enough to name my PC) but his cost half as much ;)

I guess the "excitement" is not always welcome Taz?
Yes that is true. It's never personal though, it's the uniform they are having a go at and we just have to pacify them the best we can and if that doesn't work then we just have to get the police to help us. All in a days work!

We once had a guy with a gun on our train and we had to get the armed police to 'remove' him safely from our train. That was half an hour overtime for me!

:character00238: Good morning everyone :character00238:

I am absolutely hanging this morning. I didn't sleep well the night before last (hardly at all really) as my mind was racing. There were decisions I had to make regarding my mum who is seriously ill and an important meeting that I could not go to cos I'm on a phased return to work. Then there's work which is full on and takes no prisoners. I'm so glad I am only on two days this week so after today I have four days off. I have to go soon as I haven't even done my sandwich this morning and I need to wake myself up for the 17 mile journey and the crazy traffic :sigh:

What are you all up to today.

Taz - I hope your trains and tunnels are good to you
Claire - I hope your day is easier and shorter
Slilence - I hope you and Sgt Pig have a lovely sunny day
Tyn - I hope your computer problems are beginning to resolve
Jenn - Hope all ok with you - bet you're busy being a Domestic Goddess
Elle - where have you gone with those shiney red magic shoes - missing you girl

Well the scientists are creating a big bang today and we could all disappear into a black hole so if we are all here this evening - See ya later folks x
Gem, sorry you are having a rough time. Is there nothing your daughter can do to help you?

I'm not at work today, or for the rest of the week. I have plenty to do here though, yesterday I was told we have a joint 18th and 21st birthday party to do for the 20th of THIS MONTH!

Morning all!

Another long day ahead. We have a formal dinner at work. The dress is hanging up and I bought a cheapo pashmina from the man outside Holborn Station this morning.

We once had a guy with a gun on our train and we had to get the armed police to 'remove' him safely from our train. That was half an hour overtime for me!

I don't think it was quite that scary last night. I wasn't cross at being delayed so much as having to spend an extra 25 minutes sitting opposite a couple of people who were sooooooo loud. Even my MP3 player couldn't drown them out. As a final flourish before they got off the train they sprayed some kind of body spray around. Presumably they were aiming for themselves but the smell took me back to when I lived at home and my younger brother covered himself in Lynx.

I hope things go OK for you today Gem. Be assured we are thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Right - better do some work ;)

Why won't your PC start up? Is it just not turning on or is it getting part way through the boot process and failing? Is it showing you the windows logo and stalling there? I ask because my hubby built his own machine a while back and initially he had a bit of trouble with getting the ball rolling. Works fine now, though. Doesn't run half as nice as my machine, Ender (yes, nerdy enough to name my PC) but his cost half as much ;)

It was working perfectly fine for over a week, and then yesterday morning i woke up and it wouldn't start. It doesn't get to the boot process, as it doesn't actually turn on. The fans inside (Power, Graphics, Case and Processor) all spin once, and then it makes the 'turning off' sound, and then tries to start again, repeat and repeat. From what research i have done, it looks like the Power Supply is a dudd and needs to be replaced.

Its either that, or the more worrying fact my Motherboard has fried... or the Processor has gone kaput. But they are the far less likey from what i can gather.

I rang the company i got it from, and they said they would email me a returns form, but still waiting on it... grr

But yay, 3 days until i move back to uni!!

Hey hey all....Tyn...does sound like a power problem to me too...doubt it's your motherboard though. Will have a word with OH and see what he thinks.

Gem, that is great about the clothes, it's always nice to find something that fits and looks nice. Sorry to hear you are having to deal with a lot of things with your mother. I know how are it can be to watch someone who is close to you, and see their healthy failing and them change before your very eyes, but I am sure your mother knows you will do whatever you can to help ease her situation. Good luck with it.

Taz...yeah don't envy the job. I love going to london to see my mate, but I would really just end up in jail for smacking too many people. People are so rude on the train it is unreal. When i am out in public, and with my LU I always tell him, we are in a public place so you need to keep your voice down and stay close. And he knows as well that chairs are for sitting and that his feet don't belong on them. But on trains it is like people manners just disappear...they talk at full voice if not louder...I don't want to hear their conversation with their boyfriend about how many barcardi breezers they drank last night....or how Janey broke up with Mark and now she is messin with Mike. But people just need to keep their stuff to themselves and have some manners and it would ok for us all to use.

Claire, great news on the loss, just keep it up. You're doing great and it can only be more losses from here.

Silence...glad to see you about again...thought you disappeared for a bit.

Well, I have been cleaning today as the last couple of days I just haven't had the energy to do much. Even for my LU to have a nap with me in the afternoon yesterday as I just couldn't stay awake. I have been so tired...but then too I haven't exactly had the best diet.I mean I am eating to the diet, but 2 days in a row I had corned beef and onion for two days in a row. and last night I had a packet pasta and tuna...but to be honest i didn't enjoy it. I am finding I want more sweets...which seems to be a running thing with my PG'ies. I normally could careless about sweets...but as with my last one...I want sweet things. The last was PG the first thing that gave it away was, when we went to the sunday market...we got 2 bags of hot doughnuts...5 in each bag. Normally I eaeat 2 small ones and OH would eat the rest. But it was the other way around ...which I never did before...hahaha...plus I also liked cake. Normally I HATE cake. I don't care for the texture nor do I like the icing...always far to sweet for me... but I ate a door stop piece when I was in the US. *LOL*
I am fancing sweet this time too. Luckily I am managing to stay away, as well I am into cheese and bread. Now normally bread again I could take it or leave it. I only eat it if I have a sandwich ( which is rare) or with soup. BUt now I just want to eat it....especially rye bread....( with cream cheese) but I haven't done it yet....I have had it in my head the last few days.

OH said to use SW as a guide line but if I want something to just eat it or it will drive me nuts and I will eat more. Which I am sure would be the case. But I just don't want to gain weight...and I just don't know what to do. I think I am going to just keep holding out....it is still early days and if I give in now, I will stand no chance later on.....

Been trying to eat strawberries when i want something sweet or raisins....but I am not sure how long my MIND can hold out. I have been good today though. I have had a bowl of bran flakes with two bananas....84g of mozzerella cheese balls ( craving) and then homemade veg soup from the freezer which LU shared with me for lunch. I am hungry now, so i may get some cottage cheese and some WW totilla crisps, which I also seem addicted to at the moment as well as ryvita minis...*LOL* I think I am a freak.

Anyway..Other than that I am just waiting to hear from my consult re: PGY. As I am large...so I am under consultant care as well as my midwife. Hopefully I will find out how far EXACTLY I am. I mean techincally i am just over 7 weeks....but actually I have no idea.
I am dreading "the talk" from this one too. Oh well, can't change where I am....I just need to get it in my head that as long as I eat heathy and don't eat a bunch of sweets and look after myself, if I gain, I gain. If I am stable, I am stable. I just feel like because OH has been so busy and I have been so tired with LU and the PGY and all that I haven't really been making the effort I should to eat really well Like I did my LU. I mean don't get me wrong. I am eat fruits and veg and not eating cr*p, but....I don't know...I guess it's cuz I had sandwiches intead a proper meal...you know?

Anyway i will stop harpping on about it all....Hope everyone is doing ok and I hopefully will be speaking to you all soon.

And where the heck is ELLE?

Lol thanks Jenn and i agree with the rude thing, never been to london but its like that up here. A school of Chavs (i call them schools, its the only time they get to be in one..) with that horrible sound they call music, with their feet up on everything, smoking (how rude!) and drawing on everything with anything that uses some form of ink like substance. They are horrible creatures!!

Oh and thanks for asking the OH i am praying its the power supply, as i am on the phone as i type this asking where the bloody hell my document is so i can get all this sorted now before i move back to preston (yippyy!). Ugh i hate having to flirt with sales people to get what i want lol.

I don't think it was quite that scary last night. I wasn't cross at being delayed so much as having to spend an extra 25 minutes sitting opposite a couple of people who were sooooooo loud. Even my MP3 player couldn't drown them out. As a final flourish before they got off the train they sprayed some kind of body spray around. Presumably they were aiming for themselves but the smell took me back to when I lived at home and my younger brother covered himself in Lynx.
The one that really bugs me is people who put nail varnish on when they are on the train. It stinks out the whole carriage

Back