'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Ps If you want pancakes I make SW ones and they're low in cals too! I use plenty of vanilla extract as if you dont put enough in they taste a bit eggy lol! U could use almond too!

heres the recipe anyway!

Separate an egg into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

Ps If you want pancakes I make SW ones and they're low in cals too! I use plenty of vanilla extract as if you dont put enough in they taste a bit eggy lol! U could use almond too!

heres the recipe anyway!

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

Hey hey little lady :)

Thanks for what you posted in the post before this post...post..post ..post hee hee can I say that word any more ha :)

Loving your recipe, is there a way to make pancakes without frying it?

My pans are sooooo bad it would just stick!!

Hey hey post post post! :p

Have you seen them frying pan liners in pound land? They r a pound! :p its like a washable grease proof paper thingy! Fab for doing eggs and pancakes! You could try one of them (Im rambling again hehe)

They r yummmy with fruit!

xxxxxxxxxx

heres the recipe anyway!

o_O I like the sound of this, no sins :D. Kae you look amazing in the pic in your sig,congrats!

Been very good this week.. though after hurting my knee havent done much exercise which sucks.. My mum gave me a hula hoop randomly the other dayas she read an article about them being great exercise.. not that either of us can keep them up for longer than 10 seconds! But alot of fun trying.
Went out with my friends last night.. Found that to be my most difficult time as I tend to cut out drinking as its not worth the sins unless its a special event but my friends dont always understand and always buying me drinks and trying to get me to..very much in the 'you need to drink to have a good time' thought whereas I dont always need it. So got a bit frustrated with them.. I love them but there all very slim and arent hung up on their weight so they dont always understand where im comming from! Ah, better to get that off my chest.

OMG hanz- are hoola hoops back in fashion? I bought 3 for my niece's 3rd birthday(on offer in tescos) and my sister and i had such a laugh doing them- i couldn't keep it up but she could. Enjoy them!!! and if u work out how, please let me know- i'm sure its fab for waists!

Rant away about the friends, I have one who is now being very supportive, but i know if i stop drinking when we're out she wouldn't be happy, so I've reduced (we were bought shots on sat and i gave mine away- i was able to function yesterday she wasnt so i'm a little smug). From ur post we can see that you have a great personality and it shows ur depth of personality that you don;t need drink to be u and have fun.

Thank u Kae for teh recipe, I'm just a real moan today.

I am reading up on marathons today (so I am being constructive). I'm really confused - so much different opinion and the lighter ones seem to cut my exercise which i need to lose weight while the heavier ones are hectic. And you are supposed to eat before and after and I'm wondering if I'll lose weight at all. Am I mad to think I can do this?

Where has my inspiration gone??
Why can't they tell me if I'm losing my job or keeping it??? Honestly, I try sticking up for the public service but I'm so fed up with this bureaucratic mess.

Sorry guys I know I'm an utter ranter and moaner today.

ok, I am determined to snap out of this so I am revisiting my reasons to lose weight and mean it this time.

1. Health: I am nearly 30, and being obese sets me up for problems. I know my mum is worried (as she pointed out yesterday). That she worries about it, really hurts me

2. Looks: I realise that being beautiful is nothing to do with your waist size, but I am tired of being the fat friend. I went out in my village at the weekend and brought a friend from college- you should have seen men's reactions to her. I can;t compete, but I don't want to be the fat friend.

3. Run a marathon: I want to do something big and this seems big. Being 2/3 stone lighter would very much help this. Not only that, but to run the marathon I need to eat for nutrition not so much for pleasure.

4. I don't want to keep dieting and failing, getting fatter and thinner and fatter and thinner. I hate when ppl see me and cos I'm fat autonmatically say "you've lost weight", thinking it is the universal compliment around fat ppl

5. I love the 20lbs that are already gone. I fit my jeans again (slight overhang but generally good!!) I can see my collarbones again.

6. To be in control: When i binge I feel sick and lethargic. When I eat my chicken and pasta and veg and fruit and green tea, I feel good inside

Today I will rest. I will look at my meal plans, my training schedule. Time out needed.

There needs to be a balance between all out training and stuffing my face.

Thanks guys for letting me rant.

Hey hey post post post! :p

Have you seen them frying pan liners in pound land? They r a pound! :p its like a washable grease proof paper thingy! Fab for doing eggs and pancakes! You could try one of them (Im rambling again hehe)

They r yummmy with fruit!

xxxxxxxxxx

There isnt any poundlands near me :( but Im going to investigate these ha ha :)

o_O I like the sound of this, no sins :D. Kae you look amazing in the pic in your sig,congrats!

Been very good this week.. though after hurting my knee havent done much exercise which sucks.. My mum gave me a hula hoop randomly the other dayas she read an article about them being great exercise.. not that either of us can keep them up for longer than 10 seconds! But alot of fun trying.
Went out with my friends last night.. Found that to be my most difficult time as I tend to cut out drinking as its not worth the sins unless its a special event but my friends dont always understand and always buying me drinks and trying to get me to..very much in the 'you need to drink to have a good time' thought whereas I dont always need it. So got a bit frustrated with them.. I love them but there all very slim and arent hung up on their weight so they dont always understand where im comming from! Ah, better to get that off my chest.

Ooooh the Hula hoops sound like fun, Havent done that in years!!!

I know what you mean about friends, mine never ever tell me im fat, nor encourage me when I am dieting, they never even ask how im getting on and I very much feel like the fat friend.

ok, I am determined to snap out of this so I am revisiting my reasons to lose weight and mean it this time.

1. Health: I am nearly 30, and being obese sets me up for problems. I know my mum is worried (as she pointed out yesterday). That she worries about it, really hurts me

2. Looks: I realise that being beautiful is nothing to do with your waist size, but I am tired of being the fat friend. I went out in my village at the weekend and brought a friend from college- you should have seen men's reactions to her. I can;t compete, but I don't want to be the fat friend.

3. Run a marathon: I want to do something big and this seems big. Being 2/3 stone lighter would very much help this. Not only that, but to run the marathon I need to eat for nutrition not so much for pleasure.

4. I don't want to keep dieting and failing, getting fatter and thinner and fatter and thinner. I hate when ppl see me and cos I'm fat autonmatically say "you've lost weight", thinking it is the universal compliment around fat ppl

5. I love the 20lbs that are already gone. I fit my jeans again (slight overhang but generally good!!) I can see my collarbones again.

6. To be in control: When i binge I feel sick and lethargic. When I eat my chicken and pasta and veg and fruit and green tea, I feel good inside

Today I will rest. I will look at my meal plans, my training schedule. Time out needed.

Now thats more like it hun, some very good points there and like me we have lost 20lbs recently and although it doesnt feel much it is actually a good amount.

I hope you get into some of the things you mentioned like the marathon, would be such a great acheivement too xxx

The next time I see one I'll get ya one if u like! Xxx

hey all i keep losing this thread in my CP , anyhows im a little gutted losing weight side of things is ok (only dropped 3lbs in May - -1.5, sts ,sts , -1.5 ) 1 st 2.5lb in total since 22.3.2010,but not too bad considering 2/3 birthdays and a huge wedding and am determined to make June a better chunk of my total.

only to discover my beautiful darling angels of children (brats) have gone and wrecked my Wii fit Plus disc and Wii has decided its now

unable to
read disc

so despite all good intentions i cant go on it.
have been racking up the miles walking out in the glorious weather (school run there and back four trips a day)
as i have half day and full day kids its totalling 9 miles a week thats doing it a minimum of 3 days.

anyways so i am still around and determined to get this other weight shifted but gotta get back in the 'zone' where my exercise is concerned as thats where i was getting my better losses

good luck all keep up the hard work trying to go round reading catching up getting there slowly
loves ya xxx​

The next time I see one I'll get ya one if u like! Xxx

Yes pleasehun :) Your a star xxxxxx

hey all i keep losing this thread in my CP , anyhows im a little gutted losing weight side of things is ok (only dropped 3lbs in May - -1.5, sts ,sts , -1.5 ) 1 st 2.5lb in total since 22.3.2010,but not too bad considering 2/3 birthdays and a huge wedding and am determined to make June a better chunk of my total.

only to discover my beautiful darling angels of children (brats) have gone and wrecked my Wii fit Plus disc and Wii has decided its now

unable to
read disc

so despite all good intentions i cant go on it.
have been racking up the miles walking out in the glorious weather (school run there and back four trips a day)
as i have half day and full day kids its totalling 9 miles a week thats doing it a minimum of 3 days.

anyways so i am still around and determined to get this other weight shifted but gotta get back in the 'zone' where my exercise is concerned as thats where i was getting my better losses

good luck all keep up the hard work trying to go round reading catching up getting there slowly
loves ya xxx​

still just over a stone off so thats good, June is the month to hammer these weight losses :)

Come on guys we can do this

x

Im joining late in the day but, I'll give it a go, starting from my start weight of 15stone 13lbs, as I was as of last tuesday, so Im pledging to get to 11stone 13lbs by September the 6th, only 15 weeks so might be pushing it a bit, will need to lose around 4lbs each week... but hey ho, I'll give it a go hehe that rhymed!

This is a good idea..sometimes you can get so down with this dieting you forget why we do it, im going to write out a list and stick it on my wall. I feel you with number 2,sometimes guys just come up and talk to my friends and completely ignore me.. ive been the fat friend since secondary school and im sick of it now. The marathon sounds amazing, that would be a real achievement.

Well hula hoops are sneaking into the shops for summer.. but Im still no better! Apparentlythough an hour of hula hooping burns like 600 cals or something.

Im really sorry about the job situation, just having no control over it just sucks and bring you down.. at least food is one thing you can take control of which may help.

Im joining late in the day but, I'll give it a go, starting from my start weight of 15stone 13lbs, as I was as of last tuesday, so Im pledging to get to 11stone 13lbs by September the 6th, only 15 weeks so might be pushing it a bit, will need to lose around 4lbs each week... but hey ho, I'll give it a go hehe that rhymed!

Good luck sammy! :) Definately give it a go.. as our consultant in SW always says you havent failed until you quit.

Sorry for not posting over last couple of days - been at work and so now a long post to catch up::

Well done on doing the workout :) How did you find it?

Was my final weigh in for May, and pleased to say I have lost 4lbs, Although I had gained 4lbs 3 weeks ago so kind of bought me back to where I was, I was hoping to show a new loss but at least im back to where I was.

I intend to go for a big 12lbs this month!!!! Going to be hard but gonna give it my best shot

Hows everyone else done today?

Work out was good but didn't manage it again yesterday or today (but I did do the dog walking). I think I'll try to do them on my days off.

Well done for cancelling out your gain. And here's to us for June. xx

I am utterly demotivated, I'm not sure what's wrong with me.

I actually rang in sick this morning.

...saturday I ate my own weight in food. ...It wasn't even to enjoy food, it was jsut pure gluttony.

This morning i couldnt face the gym, and then just thought f. it. I have 9 days left at work and still no word about whether my contract will be extended.

I keep being told I'll be fine, that I'll find work and all that but I have never been unepmloyed and I am really scared. I know I should have been looking for another job, but i trusted my employer when they said I'd be kept on. Now the decision is out of their hands.

Tbh when I posted that I felt high as a kite its so noticeable because more often I feel dejected and hopeless. All my life I have been considered moody or pre-menstrual or distant because I go up and down so much. And I do think this is hormonal/chemical because it happens regardless of circumstances: e.g. when I found out my mortgage endowment was £25k short I was like Julie Andrews singing in the face of adversity. I'm happy to say its not enough to be diagnosed as bi-polar but it can still be exhausting and unsettling. So I really feel for you feeling so dreadful. Keep your chin up sweetie. xx

what do I do- now that is a good question. I co-ordinate a youth participation project. So am I a youth worker? A project manager? a development officer. I have no idea who I am!

You can be whatever you want to be. I worked in criminal justice for years and then went to the voluntary sector based on my transferable skills and experience of working with disadvantaged groups. Concentrate on the skills and competences you have rather than the outputs and/or client group and you'll be great.

Tell you what I fancy, a kfc... they used to do a fillet tower burger I think and it had a hash brown in it too was soo nice.

Zinger for me - I love a bit of spicyness. Mmmmmm.

Thats what we're here for: rant away!! I don't find it easy to not drink when I'm out so you're doing great. Know that what you are doing is right for you and if they love you they'll understand. xx

I am reading up on marathons today (so I am being constructive). I'm really confused - so much different opinion and the lighter ones seem to cut my exercise which i need to lose weight while the heavier ones are hectic.

Aren't they called Snickers now? :8855:

Another good day today - this could be my all time record (6 days) since my first 3 wks on Lighterlife 9 years ago! WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for a good result. *fingers crossed*

Not sleeping well (happens in my manic phases) but everything else seems ok at the moment. I am so glad I found this forum and especially you guys on this thread - you keep me going when I just want to give up. I believe we are going to have a brilliant June. Happy Monday, xxx

Aren't they called Snickers now? :8855:

Another good day today - this could be my all time record (6 days) since my first 3 wks on Lighterlife 9 years ago! WI tomorrow and I'm hoping for a good result. *fingers crossed*

Not sleeping well (happens in my manic phases) but everything else seems ok at the moment. I am so glad I found this forum and especially you guys on this thread - you keep me going when I just want to give up. I believe we are going to have a brilliant June. Happy Monday, xxx

Ha ha you forget they were marathons, I remember them changing and thinking it was such a stupid name (snickers that is)....

Well done for having a great 6 days :)

How did the WI go today?

xxx

Morning all
Judith- u got me laughing!!! Yeah Nee, i was the same didn;t like the neame snickers at all (too much like knickers) but now it seems normal, same with Jif and Cif!!!!

WI- 12 13 -6 lbs gain
2lbs from the new scales and 4 lbs from my bad mood

But that has all changed.
It is June.
It is 6 months to my New York Marathon.
I have 8 days left at work and if I'm leaving there really is no point in stressing and rushing- I shall be a little late for work today (i'm usually half hour early)

And Judith if i can be whatever I want to be, i know i do not want to be a stressed out whinger so that shall end.

I am ignoring May existed as Weight loss was non existant.

June Goal- 8lb loss. Might not seem like a lot, but its doable and any extra is a bonus.

Happy June to you all, and Sammy welcome on board!

Morning all
Judith- u got me laughing!!! Yeah Nee, i was the same didn;t like the neame snickers at all (too much like knickers) but now it seems normal, same with Jif and Cif!!!!

WI- 12 13 -6 lbs gain

It is June.
I have 8 days left at work and if I'm leaving there really is no point in stressing and rushing- I shall be a little late for work today (i'm usually half hour early)

And Judith if i can be whatever I want to be, i know i do not want to be a stressed out whinger so that shall end.

I am ignoring May existed as Weight loss was non existant.

June Goal- 8lb loss. Might not seem like a lot, but its doable and any extra is a bonus.

You sound in a better frame of mind, so thats good hun :)

Im also declaring May as non existant, and even tho Im happy I lost the 4lbs yesterday it actually means I lost nothing for may so I will pretend May didnt happen hee hee

With regards your work, I think you just need to take it day by day, keep looking for other jobs just to be on the safe side, but for all this worry there is a chance it will be ok. I had a friend who does Dance Movement Therapy via Local Council and they threatened her job, she had to re-apply etc and was very likely they would stop the work, but 2 yrs on she is still doing it :)

8lbs is a good goal hun, and Im sure you will do it, im stupidly aiming for 12 ha but I WILL DO IT :)

WI- 12 13 -6 lbs gain

It is June.

Don't worry Kellie - you sound like you've got your head together. Its very unlikely you really put on that much so a strict couple of days will see it disappear again. June is going to be great for all of us. xx

Given your posts above it feels a bit insensitive to brag about my loss this week but I am soooooooooo chuffed. I've lost 5lbs (yes, FIVE). I have stuck to about 1000 cals each day and upped my activity levels a bit but I also think its the fact I must have inadvertantly been refeeding (I think that's the right word) during my previous 3 weeks when I was being pretty haphazard and breaking 1500 cals regularly. It means I have lost 10% of my starting weight and only 2 more pounds to be overweight (yay). I just hope I can keep this up for June and go away feeling so much better about myself and more confident socializing on my own.

I'm off out for a walk in the rain with the diglet-doglet. Have a dietastic day everyone. xx

Don't worry Kellie - you sound like you've got your head together. Its very unlikely you really put on that much so a strict couple of days will see it disappear again. June is going to be great for all of us. xx

Given your posts above it feels a bit insensitive to brag about my loss this week but I am soooooooooo chuffed. I've lost 5lbs (yes, FIVE). I have stuck to about 1000 cals each day and upped my activity levels a bit but I also think its the fact I must have inadvertantly been refeeding (I think that's the right word) during my previous 3 weeks when I was being pretty haphazard and breaking 1500 cals regularly. It means I have lost 10% of my starting weight and only 2 more pounds to be overweight (yay). I just hope I can keep this up for June and go away feeling so much better about myself and more confident socializing on my own.

I'm off out for a walk in the rain with the diglet-doglet. Have a dietastic day everyone. xx

WOW YAY WHOO HOO

:553::talk017::0clapper::winner: hee hee

xxx

sorry a bit of a lurker here on your thread.

You can get the wii fit disc repaired for like 1.50 at game stores.(believe me i use this a lot they discount me for bulk orders...lol), they do it while u wait.
hth x

Congrats! Thats an awesome week :party0011: You deserve it!

Weigh in tonight, would love to loose what I put on but any loss would be great. June target is 8lb loss, thou 10 would be even better!

Back